Issac Hollis & Sons Double 9.3x74R

Ejector Rifle

Everyone ask how it shoots so I went and shot it. First one I kinda pulled then you can see the next 3.
40 yds offhand with some cheap RWS ammo I had.

092CCAA8-F1D9-4CF5-B8D6-0BC9809F41CE.jpeg

What are the barrel length and the stock dimensions (i.e. LOP, etc.)?

It looks like it was originally chambered for 400/360 Express. Any idea of who rechambered it and did the rechambering clean up the everything? Do you have pictures of the fired cartridges?

Yes I found this out after alittle research it was sent back to Britain in 2010 but do not know who did the work.

The rifle is proofed for a 400/360. Was it rechambered and reproofed for the 9.3x74R?

Were the barrels rebored for a .366" bullet? I ask because the bullet for the 400/360 is a 0.358" bullet.

It was rechambered and reproofed for a 9.3x74R. As far as barrel rebored I assume so because I was shooting factory 9.3x74R and you can tell it shoots very good.

It was rechambered and reproofed for a 9.3x74R. As far as barrel rebored I assume so because I was shooting factory 9.3x74R and you can tell it shoots very good.

The London proof house (or Birmingham) will not play games with these conversion guns. While they don't care what the bore diameter is, they proof it using a 9.3x74R proof load. They will not and do not take 9.3 cartridges and special order .366" bullets.

So regardless of the bore diameter, whether it was lapped bigger or not, the proof house is shoving a 9.3mm cartridge in the gun and firing it.

400/360 was unobtainable in the 1960s-1990s and many were converted to 9.3x74r as a consequence.

6k shipped. Everyone wants to know the bottom dollar that is it. Beautiful old double that is a proven shooter.

Not to be a pain, but can we have a look at the standing breach face?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]