Is there a best way to handle a poor African 1st experience and move on?

There are good and bad professionals in the hunting industry, and yes, there are also crooks, regardless of what country you hunt in, or wether it´s fenced or free range.

Next time, make your choice from one of the reputable outfitters here on the forum.

I'd concentrate & focus on an outfitter on here that has high marks amongst members that have gone. That's the best way.... nothing is guaranteed, but that takes out a lot of risk.

Waterbuck,
I can't add much beyond sharing in the disappointment that has already been expressed to you by so many here. I would also agree that this sounds likes deliberate collaboration to take advantage of you as clients. Africa is too magical of a destination to give up on over a bad experience. I'm sure with some due diligence on your part that you can find the right outfit for the next trip to show you Africa done right.

Beyond that, a lot of what you dealt with was related to hunting fenced property vs free range.

As for this comment, it's not really worthy of a serious reply. This man's experience had nothing to do with the type of property where the hunt transpired. It had everything to do with ethics and professionalism or the lack thereof. To infer that this is "what you can expect" when hunting a game ranch in Africa is ridiculous.

You need to go to Kai River near East London. I have done 2 trips with them, great guys. I am so sorry that your first trip was such a rip off. When you book again who ever it is with you need to ask for as many testamonials as possible.
Markcz

Many request here sir to name the outfitter and PH ! I hope you will do so in short order. This does sound fishy to me and it also sounds like a silly hearing was held. That's why you travel with a cell phone that works in the country you are hunting and you keep the phone number of the American Embassy in that phone as I do!

That is pretty solid advice.

Waterbuck, I am really sorry that you had a bad first experience. I can assure you that if you choose to go with one of the outfits recommended by members on this site your second experience will sweeten the foul taste in your mouth. I can then assure you that your next trip will not be your last.
Looking on the bright side you did not have to worry about how much of a tip to leave.

Starting to get a bit curious as to why the OP has not been back yet....

Starting to get a bit curious as to why the OP has not been back yet....

I was wondering the same thing.

He was looking at the thread earlier today, but no response.

Since we are all circling like sharks, in the court of social media opinion......

Yeah. Now, I'm getting very skeptical. Happy picture that doesn't look anything like dusk with the Golden. The caption in the profile pic is also about how happy he is having had a great trip and wanting to go back.

He had another post in which he talked about having a great hunt. I read his initial post again after the above comment about the avatar and he said that he left a trophy with the owner to have his wife do the taxidermy. If I had that experience I do not think I would leave anything behind with any of the parties involved. Just saying.

Please explain @Waterbuck:

IMG_0308.PNG

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-16_19-5-50.png
    upload_2017-2-16_19-5-50.png
    9 MB · Views: 97

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck Africa

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well