Is swift A-Frame going way of the dinosaur?

If NorthFork gets their US distribution chain humming, they can give Swift a run for the money. However, they're a small operation as well.

I've also been stingy with my stash of Weldcores & Hydros. No practice sessions using those.

Options are always good ....
Yeah, I'm down to about 40 Weldcore 160 gr for my 6.5x55. I'll practice with 143 gr Hornady, but those Weldcores are precious to me.

I have been looking for some swift .375 and when I get to looking it seems every caliber from .270 on up has a unavailable on the swift website, I presume swift has just made a choice to faze them out and ramp production of the Socorro
Also seems Speer has discontinued the grand slam in .375 ?
I know it’s expensive but it looks like you can order direct from Federal’s Custom shop for the 375 H&H with Swift A-Frames
IMG_0402.jpeg

Never thought anyone would bail on A frames!
Never did bail on swift they bailed on us, can’t use what you don’t have
I will say the same for trophy bonded bear claw , they where the bomb on bear , moose , caribou, nilgai in my .300wm

Swift WANTS $129/box for their 250gr. A Frames in .338WM. Midway USA GETS $55/box for the Barnes 225gr. TTSX in .338WM with OFTEN free shipping. Guess who I bought my last five boxes from with free shipping? IMHO, Swift might as well be the old Kynoch with their unobtanium bullets and factory ammunition. Sierra bought Barnes during Remington's bankruptcy proceedings. Maybe they could buy Swift also and actually manufacture bullets and ammo other than every other year and at reasonable prices?

Attachments

Recently Sierra and Barnes came under the ownership of Bullseye Acquisitions LLC which is a JDH Capital Company affiliate. JDH also owns Savage. Seems like a bit of a merry-go-round and corporate structuring but hopefully they have found a home which values the products.

Oh, great. Another acquisition. Sounds good for now, but time will tell. Vista Outdoors tried to sell their ammo holdings including Remington to a Czech based manufacturer but was held up for "national security" reasons. Like everything else in today's world it's all about corporate money and their investors and very little about the consumer. Many of these corporate "sharks" and investors would sell their own mothers for a profit and then have them work in a lithium mine in Tanganyika as long as the stock went up in value! I personally have zero faith with the long term upside for consumers with these acquisition(s). But it is what it is.

Yeah, I'm down to about 40 Weldcore 160 gr for my 6.5x55. I'll practice with 143 gr Hornady, but those Weldcores are precious to me.

A buddy of me had almost given up on his 6,5x55 as deer rifle , then he came across 140 NF and it was back in action and takes several red deer each season in steep terrain . So just ask to get more over there of theM.

A buddy of me had almost given up on his 6,5x55 as deer rifle , then he came across 140 NF and it was back in action and takes several red deer each season in steep terrain . So just ask to get more over there of theM.
I do have a box of Lapua Megas, and Norma Oryx 156 gr is usually not hard to find, I just really like the Woodleighs. I'm a big fan of 155 - 160 gr pills for 6.5 Swede

Sako have Super Hammerhead bonded ones also that see good if they see around , Barnes TSX In .264 the same.

If you come across Fusion ammo have a look at them also In 6,5 .

Never did bail on swift they bailed on us, can’t use what you don’t have
I will say the same for trophy bonded bear claw , they where the bomb on bear , moose , caribou, nilgai in my .300wm
To be fair on trophy bonded bear claw for 300 win ammo, it’s still around. They mostly just renamed it to terminal assent.

This is the problem for Swift. If I end up getting great loads with NF or Hammer, I'm not going to go back and do LD with A Frames for my 280 AI and 404J of they are suddenly available, and those will be the loads I go with for the rest of my life (assuming NF and Hammer are available the rest of my life).
North Fork seems promising. But it wasn’t very long ago they had no 300 gr 375 SS available either. Hopefully they keep up production if they do I think they’ll slowly replace swift. Hammer seems interesting but I don’t see monos ever competing for the same customers. It’s too different a bullet.

To be fair on trophy bonded bear claw for 300 win ammo, it’s still around. They mostly just renamed it to terminal assent.
I didn’t know that. Wonder why they changed the name? Might have to buy a box or two.

I didn’t know that. Wonder why they changed the name? Might have to buy a box or two.
They didn’t technically change the name. Trophy bonded bear claw still exists but this appears the latest rebranding rebranding for an ammunition line.
IMG_6019.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_6017.jpeg

Swift came through for me for my recent buffalo hunt. I got on the list for both 416/400 A-frames and Solids. When the solids were ready they called and I begged for a couple boxes of A-Frames. They found some and sent them to me.

Here are two from a buffalo. The first is on the left and killed him. The second bullet on the right, after two solids, convinced him he was dead.

IMG_5520.jpeg

Last edited:
Swift came through for me for my recent buffalo hunt. I got on the list for both 416/400 A-frames and Solids. When the solids were ready they called and I begged for a couple boxes of A-Frames. They found some and sent them to me.

Here are two from a buffalo. The first is on the left and killed him. The second bullet on the right, after two solids, convinced him he was dead.

View attachment 635095
In fairness they did right by me as well. I had a new to me .375 hh double and in trying to figure out loads I called and begged for .375 270 gr A frame which were shown as out of stock on their website. Swift promptly sent me 4 boxes of above referenced bullets. I sure appreciated it.

IMHO... Swift should have stuck to only producing bullets.
Since they began making ammo, the bullets have been hard to find.

Premium Control Expansion Bullets On The Current Market:

- Barnes TSX
- North Fork Semi Spitzer & Percussion Point
- Hammer Bullets
- Hornady DGX Bonded
- Rhino Solid Shank (not sure if they export to USA)
- Wim Degol Stark Mantel (not sure if they export to USA)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RexQuaife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia