International hunting bug

I’m at a unique position in life for someone my age. Single with no children in good shape with a little spending money to go on hunts. I have been to Mexico to waterfowl hunt as well as South Africa This past year. I have a hunt booked in the eastern cape in September and will most likely hunt Africa every year. My question is what other countries would you recommend to go on hunts in?

Italy offers fantastic landscapes on the Alps or in Tuscany, together with game like chamois, roes, boars.
But, and it should be written in capitals, to respect the law the foreign hunter has to have a hunting licence issued in a Country belonging to the European Union. Several agencies/estates offer hunts to foreigners but the risk is on the customer side.

its a big big world and you can hunt in just about every one
so look and think about type of hunts, three days on horseback, or sleeping in a nice lodge
its about the experience and the people you may encounter
scotland is still one of my most memorable hunts, red stags are small, but scenery is unmatched!!!

so for me its about the experience and surroundings, not so much about the actual animal in the end
Who did you hunt with in Scotland?

Kyrgyzstan for Ibex would be a suggestion. It is still one of my greatest adventures. I would always have Namibia at the top on places to hunt and tour. Fav!

Who did you hunt with in Scotland?
i believe we not allowed to post personal details
so i have sne tyou a dm with email and phone number of Dennis Roellinger

Kyrgyzstan for Ibex would be a suggestion. It is still one of my greatest adventures. I would always have Namibia at the top on places to hunt and tour. Fav!
I spent 2 weeks in Kyrgyzstan after Afghanistan, might wait for any of those hunts. I’m looking for a Namibia hunt for 2024 though

Lots of great outfitters in Namibia. I’ve hunted there on 4 separate trips. Each one was great.

Hey !

Argentina may be a great country so you can visit. You have plenty of hunt here to do, also great wingshooting and beatiful young ladies haha!

Hera at your disposal.

Best Regards,
Federico Oliva

I’m at a unique position in life for someone my age. Single with no children in good shape with a little spending money to go on hunts. I have been to Mexico to waterfowl hunt as well as South Africa This past year. I have a hunt booked in the eastern cape in September and will most likely hunt Africa every year. My question is what other countries would you recommend to go on hunts in?
Come to Argentina with me in March 2025 for Red Stag, Blackbuck, Axis Deer, Wild Boar, Water Buffalo

I will be taking 2 hunters with me and still have a spot

Do you import most of your trophy’s back from the hunts or leave them, that’s quite the list?

We've brought stuff back from most hunts.. but honestly we are getting pretty close to stopping that part of the process... the house is already pretty full, and we're waiting on 9 additional mounts that are just about ready to ship from our 2022 hunt now (I have no clue where some of this stuff is going to go)..

Between running out of wall space and the insane current cost of shipping, rising cost of getting stuff into the country (airline storage fees, increase broker fees, etc), I'm not sure it makes sense to try to bring much else back in the future unless something truly spectacular is taken or a hunt so incredible is experienced that a mount would really be a special way to memorialize it..

Moving forward Im going to guess we're going to be printing more frameable pictures and mounting less trophies..

I noticed you mentioned waterfoul in mexico... Hard to beat Argentina for wingshooting (best dove hunting in the world). Additionally they have great fishing and big game (axis, blackbuck, and apparently boast the third largest pere david deer population in the world). Not to mention world class wine and delicious food.

Canada polar bear and do a replica mount.
Nepal blue sheep.
Get your Big 5 before they cannot be exported/imported.
Brown Bear.

I noticed you mentioned waterfoul in mexico... Hard to beat Argentina for wingshooting (best dove hunting in the world). Additionally they have great fishing and big game (axis, blackbuck, and apparently boast the third largest pere david deer population in the world). Not to mention world class wine and delicious food.
I Looked into Argentina for duck hunting but you can't bring any birds back so I'm Going to try and do a few hunts to get my taxidermy fix first.

Come to Argentina with me in March 2025 for Red Stag, Blackbuck, Axis Deer, Wild Boar, Water Buffalo

I will be taking 2 hunters with me and still have a spot
That would be a fun hunt. I’d swap the Buffalo and boar for a fallow deer though.

That would be a fun hunt. I’d swap the Buffalo and boar for a fallow deer though.
Yea, Fallow Deer are available. I love them. I just took one in RSA though and I don't have an Axis.

Personally my targets for the trip are Red Stage, Black Buck and Axis Deer. Maybe a boar if the opportunity presents itself.

Got room in my group if you want to join us. And a couple nice offers discounts for my group.

I am really looking forward to it. And we are wine lovers so we are combining the two

If you have a hankering to do any sheep or goat hunts, do them first as a young body is needed for nearly all.

After that stay with Africa. Hunting amongst "civilization" will always be there. Hunting the wilds of Africa will likely come to an end sometime in this century due primarily to overpopulation. Besides, Africa will keep you busy for at least three or four decades. Why go anywhere else.
The bad part about sheep and goat hunts is that a young body and steep price tag go hand in hand

Can only recommend from hunts and places I have done but Zim for ele, buff and leopard ranks very high in my memories. Namibia is also an awesome hunting country, but you have that almost checked off. How about coming up north here? Canada has a plethora of species, climates and places to hunt. Big coastal black bears in my back yard, sheep, mnt goat, moose, yes some massive whitetails and white bears on ice if not importing or a replica if that works for you.

If your like me? I dream of bongo, sitatunga, tahr, chamois and LDE so they are on the bucket list.

MB

I spent 2 weeks in Kyrgyzstan after Afghanistan, might wait for any of those hunts. I’m looking for a Namibia hunt for 2024 though
Let me know how I can assist you with a hunt in Namibia, we have some great specials running also including fishing and so on.

Yea, Fallow Deer are available. I love them. I just took one in RSA though and I don't have an Axis.

Personally my targets for the trip are Red Stage, Black Buck and Axis Deer. Maybe a boar if the opportunity presents itself.

Got room in my group if you want to join us. And a couple nice offers discounts for my group.

I am really looking forward to it. And we are wine lovers so we are combining the two

Who are you hunting with?

Try Spain, we have red, fallow and roe deer, boars, mouflon, barbary sheep, and ibex (4 species)

We also have bears, wolves and iberian lynx, but these are protected and cannot be hunted.

For birds, we have the red partridge and several ducks.

I love Namibia. There are so many friends/outfitters here at SCI from Namibia!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africanscenicsafaris

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well