Interesting conversation with Ruger

Their former western USA sales rep, now retired told me some years back that the No 1s had gotten to a place where they weren’t profitable to build given what the market would support in price. Times have changed now and given what people pay on the secondary market maybe they could make a few runs.
I, and I'm sure others, are almost dying for this to happen; then Krish would buy heaps, at least one in every caliber...

I've been led to believe that, back in the day, it wasn't unusual for William B to answer the phone directly on a customer's request, or rarely complaint. Oh, for such customer service .

I have all kinds of neighbors here in SE AK that have them. Whatever Ruger used as an alloy in that action just doesn’t seem to rust even around the salt water. I don’t think they made a lefty or I’d have one too.
They didn't make the boat paddle left-handed. Despite the ugliness, I kind of wanted one when they were in production. No dice.

Correct Flewis, the Savage action is a robust accurate and dependable action, and an excellent source for left handed shooters. In fact I would guess (just guess) there are more left handed Savage 110 actions out there then all other Manufacturers combined.

Anyone who watches a 10 minute video can set the headspace correctly and safely on a Savage 110 or any "barrel nut" action/barrel (Remage) for that matter.

I was just trying to point out the ability to BYO, is an option we have for the lack of offerings of true big bores today. Just as it was before the '70's in the US.........and is sadly the case again

I agree it is a great loss for our sport and industry, that those offerings are now so limited.

The lacking now extends sadly to brass, bullets, and even dies.

But the biggest decrease in offerings next to the rifles is in our scope options.

It used to be every scope manf. offered at least one dangerous game scope. Now every catalog has pages of AR scopes, but little, if anything at all for a big bore DG rifles.

I suppose some of the AR scopes can be used for DG work but the reticle choice in my opinion is terrible.

As others have said here we are a small minority in this market. Even in the African Hunting group of American hunters who can swing a trip now, most will end up taking a 30/06 or 300 Win mag, or 7mm Rem mag.

But those of us who love the big bores will always find a way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammieCale

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]