In memoriam - Theunis Botha

Steve Scott

AH member
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
84
Media
1
Articles
4
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, WSF, NSSF
Hunted
Cameroon, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, RSA, & Namibia. Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Rep., Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Spain, Turkey
Sad to report the passing of Theunis Botha. His wife confirmed on their FB page he died in a hunting accident in Zim. There are no further details of the circumstances at this time. I hunted with Theunis in SA and Botswana. He was an excellent PH and world-class houndsman. Thoughts and prayers for Carike and the children.



Picture posted by @ActionBob
full

A picture I snapped of Theunis Botha at the last SCI while having a visit with the man himself. Great guy! I am grateful I had the honor of meeting him personalty, even if just that brief time.
 
That is sad news. Are there any details on the accident? Condolences to the family.
 
Sad to report the passing of Theunis Botha. His wife confirmed on their FB page he died in a hunting accident in Zim. There are no further details of the circumstances at this time. I hunted with Theunis in SA and Botswana. He was an excellent PH and world-class houndsman. Thoughts and prayers for Carike and the children.

Sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences and prayers to the family. Rest in peace.
 
My prayers to the family, it was shattering to see the message on my phone this morning. Theunis was a true gentlemen, with a love for his family , nature and his hounds. The hunting industry has lost a true legend.

Herd of elephant charged them.
 
Prayers for his family and friends. Sad news indeed!!
 
Though I don't know him, so very sad to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers with his family.
 
I heard about this here in India at lunch. There were a couple South Africans (not in the hunting industry or hunters themselves) mentioning a person who they said was trampled by en elephant in Zim. As I am headed there for elephant in two days, I immediately perked up. They showed me his picture and gave me his name. No details on a google search and I don't want to start rumors or spread them, but it was shocking how quickly word spreads.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.
 
I am very saddened by this news. Although I did not hunt with him personally, I did hunt with his protege Coenraad and with Theunis' dogs. I enjoyed the stories and then met Theunis at the last SCI Convention. He was a gentleman and a pleasure to visit with. He will be dearly missed by many and it is also a loss to the hunters who would have met him in the future.

My prayers go out to his family in this time of grief. I hope they can find some solace in celebrating his well lived life.
 
Prayers...
 
RIP. So tough to loose them. Bruce
 
RIP
 
Terrible news. RIP. Prayers for family & friends
 
My prayers to the family, it was shattering to see the message on my phone this morning. Theunis was a true gentlemen, with a love for his family , nature and his hounds. The hunting industry has lost a true legend.

Herd of elephant charged them.

I've only met Theunis on a few occasions and had the pleasure to speak with him briefly, but I'd say Simon nailed it. I've also read that about a herd of elephant charged the hunting party he was in.
 
My sincere condolences to his family, loved ones and friends. Tragic.

full


full
 
Last edited:
Another well respected professional hunter lost in the field. Extremely sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.
 
Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends.
 
Damn. My condolences to family and friends.
R.I.P.
 
Condolences to Theunis' family and friends - always sad to hear this kind of news.....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,895
Members
170,459
Latest member
Roman96B66
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top