Im in Tyler TX

Welcome to AH!

Welcome from New Orleans! We go to Pine Cove Family Camp every summer at The Bluffs in Tyler, TX. Hoping you get to Africa sooner than later!

Welcome to AH ! Looking forward to some pics of that 450/400 N°1 in the African brush!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome! I used to live in Tyler. Damn sure miss Juicy’s with the bottomless beans and the chicken fried steak.

Welcome! I’m down the road a bit in Montgomery, but my wife’s family is up around Nacogdoches and Linden. I’ll echo what other’s are saying and tell you to go!

Welcome to AH! I live in the DFW Metroplex but have a place in NE Texas (Wolfe City), so I know the deer and hogs of which you speak. Going to Africa can be neither hard nor expensive, so get on it! This weekend is the Texas Trophy Hunters Extravaganza in Fort Worth. Day trip over and get to know some of the Safari outfitters that attend those shows (there were at least 12 different outfitters last year - I personally know one who will be there this year). They’ll be more than happy to answer questions and you can get a feel for the opportunities available. Hope you take the bull by the horns and get to Africa sooner rather than later!

Welcome from Rockwall TX! You will gain a wealth of knowledge on here.

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to the best forum! Enjoy! Let us know if you need any assistance with rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

welcome aboard Professor.

Welcome! I occasionally make a road trip to the Tyler area, usually to go to Kiepersol (https://www.kiepersol.com/ ). An excellent restaurant, with a South African heritage.

Welcome to AH from a fellow Texan.

Hello. Ive been on the forum for a few months. I live in Tyler, TX and am an Art Professor at Tyler Junior College. I do my shooting at East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club in Longview TX. Ive been into custom Ruger single action revolvers for years. This past Feb I bought a NOS Ruger No1 450/400 NE 3" and really like it. I stumbled into a lot of brass and Woodleigh bullets for it just after I bought the rifle.
Since then, I've bought the Ruger m77 hawkeye African 35 Whelen and NOS Ruger African 223 Rem. I am glad to be on this forum. A great amount of info is readily available. I have a set of African Sporting Creations shooting sticks in route. Through this forum Ive also found links to AlaskaArms qd mounts, NECG sights and canvas sling. I bought the Leupold vxR 2-7 scope on my 35 Whelen here on the classifieds. I keep looking at Murray Custom Leather website because of this forum.
I would love to go to Africa someday, but Im happy dreaming of it for now.
Welcome. I'm from Mt. Pleasant TX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b_reynolds_ak

Latest profile posts

Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles
Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian