Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
What a ride! Well, the date finally arrived, as of yesterday (30 Jun 2024) I am no longer employed by the Federal Government, and I am officially retired. It's a bittersweet feeling, but I believe the time was right to pulled chocks as we say in the Air Force. My parents were able to witness the closing of this chapter in my life, and I couldn't have been happier. They saw me spread my wings and join the Air Force in 1983 and leave the safety of their nest to serve and defend this wonderful Nation that graciously opened her arms and embraced us as one of her own. Here I am at 62 1/2 years old, and they were here to witness this special events.

What's in the future you may ask? Well, I'm not sure yet. But I do have a huge laundry list of honey dos from my wonderful Mrs. PARA45. Will I get another job, well, I may in the future, but for now, I don't think so.

It has been an honor to serve, defend and protect this wonderful Nation. I hope the young NCOs I mentor will carry this torch and continue to defend and protect our fragile Nation.

As a going away, my wife said yes to purchase a rifle from @krish, so I was able to purchase a beautiful Ruger RSM in 416 Rigby. She also said that if we could afford it, to hunt a Buffalo with the new rifle. I'll post pictures of the rifle later on. Here are some pictures of the festivities. Enjoy!

1719849075696.png

1719849104046.png

My Superintendent making his presentation.

1719849138119.png

My mom next to me, my commander, Mrs. PARA45 in white, my dad behind her, my best friend a special ops (PJ)_and who officiated my retirement ceremony, and lastly my brother in law.

1719849251670.png

1719849268407.png

My Certificate of Service, and my wife's Certificate of Appreciation for her unconditional support.

1719849342681.png

Table with all the gifts. I need to up my drinking game, and anyone is welcome to help me kill some bottles or smoke some cigars. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What a ride! Well, the date finally arrived, as of yesterday (30 Jun 2024) I am no longer employed by the Federal Government, and I am officially retired. It's a bittersweet feeling, but I believe the time was right to pulled chocks as we say in the Air Force. My parents were able to witness the closing of this chapter in my life, and I couldn't have been happier. They saw me spread my wings and join the Air Force in 1983 and leave the safety of their nest to serve and defend this wonderful Nation that graciously opened her arms and embraced us as one of her own. Here I am at 62 1/2 years old, and they were here to witness this special events.

What's in the future you may ask? Well, I'm not sure yet. But I do have a huge laundry list of honey dos from my wonderful Mrs. PARA45. Will I get another job, well, I may in the future, but for now, I don't think so.

It has been an honor to serve, defend and protect this wonderful Nation. I hope the young NCOs I mentor will carry this torch and continue to defend and protect our fragile Nation.

As a going away, my wife said yes to purchase a rifle from @krish, so I was able to purchase a beautiful Ruger RSM in 416 Rigby. She also said that if we could afford it, to hunt a Buffalo with the new rifle. I'll post pictures of the rifle later on. Here are some pictures of the festivities. Enjoy!

View attachment 617272

View attachment 617273

View attachment 617274

My mom next to me, my commander, Mrs. PARA45 in white, my dad behind her, my best friend a special ops (PJ)_and who officiated my retirement ceremony, and lastly my brother in law.

View attachment 617275

View attachment 617276

My Certificate of Service, and my wife's Certificate of Appreciation for her unconditional support.

View attachment 617277

Table with all the gifts. I need to up my drinking game, and anyone is welcome to help me kill some bottles or smoke some cigars. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Congrats to you and Mrs. Para 45. Well done!

View attachment 617272

View attachment 617273

View attachment 617274

View attachment 617275

View attachment 617276

View attachment 617277

Congratulations my friend!!!!! What an incredible career with great accomplishments!!!! You are a true ambassador on our great forum!!!!

Congratulation on your retirement.

I have found that since I retired 16 years ago that there are always projects that need to be done and you will wonder how you got anything done while you were working. That honey do list will just keep getting longer, but remember, there is always tomorrow and if tomorrow doesn't come it is another persons problem.

I have also considered getting another job, but then I like to just get up and go without having to ask permission if I can do it. I did have a small job for a couple of years after I retired but it wasn't something that I needed to be at every day and a lot of the things that I did could be put off for a week or two or I could just take care of it over the phone. But since the company that I did that job for was sold I haven't even thought about another one.

So enjoy your new found freedom, keep busy doing something, but remember it is now time to have fun.

Congrats Oscar! Well deserved. Thank you for your commitment to our nation and to the next generation serving.

Drop your ruck and take a knee... its been earned..

Wow, congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your years of service! What a perfect rifle too! Good luck with the next chapter of your life! Go kill a buffalo with that 416 Rigby!

Congrats on your retirement! I hope you get to enjoy these years to the fullest and have many adventures. Drop me a 10digit grid and I’ll come help you kill a couple bottles and cigars

Wishing you the very, very best my friend.

Thank you for your service. I can't think of anyone I'm pulling for more on enjoying the next stage in their life. You deserve it.

Congratulations on your retirement. I pulled the plug myself almost two years ago and I don't regret it in the least. I would have done it earlier but had to wait until I qualified for Medicare.

My late FIL was a civilian climatologist working for the Air Force at Scott AFB. He did a lot of secret squirrel stuff with a unit called the Environmental Technical Applications Center. My recent trip to Africa was kind of in his memory as a trip was in the planning stage when he came down with prostate cancer. As I like to say, he had 13 good years in retirement and one truly horrible year.

Enjoy your retirement and get that buff with your new rifle.

Congrats from a recent fellow retired govt employee !! :A Banana:

Congrats my friend. My son recently signed up with the Air Force and has recently completed basic & tech school. I’m so very appreciative of your service.

Go buy that .416 Rigby and go pick a fight with a buff. I did it, and it’s everything they said it would be.

Congratulations on the retirement!

Now take advantage of a last minute deal on a buffalo hunt so you can christen your retirement rifle.

Congratulations and thank you for your service. No one could be more deserving, so enjoy it while you can!

I am watching the clock as I eye the exit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeannaBobb

Latest profile posts

matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.
JG26Irish_2 wrote on 9412765's profile.
RE: Interarms Whitworth 375HH f/sale f/$850. If still available, I will buy it. I am in KY can do a face to face deal. My e-mail is:

kent.warco.llc@gmail.com or PM me here. Cell is: 606-923-3162

Your 5 hrs f/me. You travel to OH w/work. If you can be at Cincinnati, OH that 1/2 way. I can travel most days but Friday afternoons are best. Let's set up a date/time/location to meet up.
thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.