If You Lost Everything

If I come home, and see burglarized my gun safe, with all things gone...
Well, I am speechless.
For me this is unthinkable.
Lets change the subject!

All the more reason to think about it.

It would be horrible, but better to be prepared than sitting in shock.

I think my heart would just stop. No point in preparedness in this case.

Named a rifle earlier,but can’t just have one gun so here’s another;
A drilling,pre-1940’s perhaps a Funk.
16/16/6.5x57R with a an older lighter scope in claw mounts.
I like the glass in modern scopes but the eyebell housings are an abomination on most of them.

79 Series Land Cruiser 1HJ, properly kitted out
Heym 89b .470 Nitro
Heym Mauser .404J
Heym Mauser .375 H&H Swarovski 1.5-5 dangerous game reticle, illuminated. (Rental)
Benelli 12gauge M-3 14" & 28" bbl.
Ruger 10-22

S&W model 66 .44 Mag 4" bbl., El Paso saddlery shoulder holster

Zeiss 10x40 binocs, old style
Courtney Scout boots & sock protectors
Custom sheath knife, (von Gruff)
Swiss Army folding knife (Hunter model)
Els cartridge holder & belt
Quality knife sharpening stone & strop
proper firearm cleaning kit

Tracker
Castle beer
Quality ice chest
Spam

I'd stat with a nice reliable double with multiple barrels. Probably 470 NE, 375 H&H, and likely 20 gauge shotgun. Then a Rigby HS in 275 Rigby.

And then.... Well let's face it, within 5 years the safes would likely all be full. But less mediocre and more better/high end guns. With mostly Swarovski glass ;)

Benelli 12gauge M-3 14" & 28" bbl.
Ohhh you made me go looking! Sadly there is neither barrel length available in the M-3. Just the same odd 19.75" barrel with hideous ghost ring sights.
Unless, you're looking someplace special I think you're talking about the M-2. You had my hopes up though. I was instantly looking to buy a new shotgun.

I would keep it simple, Blaser R8 and a few barrels...let´s see... :E Hmmm:

500 Jeff custom on ZKK 602 actiin
One receiver with below
9.3x74R/7x57mm O/U
7x65R/12ga O/U
Just had a lookat the Merkel O/U sidelock...
I would add a 450/400 Ne/450/400 NE barrel set, full length 22 hornet insert arrel and 12ga/12ga barrel set with 5 chokes, cyl, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full

Outlier here, don't own any factory made centerfires so I'd be on phone/web ordering actions, barrels, stocks, triggers and bottom metal/magazines, scopes, bases & rings, then on the auction sites looking for Anschutz and CZ rimfires in 17 HMR, 17 HM2 and 22. A couple shotguns see little use so they'd be on the back burner.

Well, not everything but, if you lost every rifle (along with ammo and reloading equipment) that you owned tonight (heaven forbid) due to fire, theft, etc. What would be the very first rifle that you would purchase to start rebuilding your perfect African Safari Rifle Battery?
- For me it would be a used mauser in 9.3x62.

You have a blank slate / You could look at this as your “if I could turn back time” moment.

My M70 375HH and I don’t have to think about it. Then my M70 .300WM while I’m making my plans for my new M70 based .458B&M.

I actually had a break in years ago, took my entire safe...loaded into my truck..... and drove off in it while I was on vacation. It's as bad a feeling as you can all imagine.

Arrests were made, but I never saw anything again (although my marlin 22 was used in a shooting in Florida and the police dept down there has it for me whenever I can get down there to get it, this is what led to arrests).

The first gun I bought after the dust settled was a Glock 19 and another flashlight for it (had one in the safe go missing)
Figured my priority was to be able to defend myself, hunting stuff would come later.

I actually had a break in years ago, took my entire safe...loaded into my truck..... and drove off in it while I was on vacation. It's as bad a feeling as you can all imagine.

Arrests were made, but I never saw anything again (although my marlin 22 was used in a shooting in Florida and the police dept down there has it for me whenever I can get down there to get it, this is what led to arrests).

The first gun I bought after the dust settled was a Glock 19 and another flashlight for it (had one in the safe go missing)
Figured my priority was to be able to defend myself, hunting stuff would come later.
First Rifle I bought after this was an AR10 build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Durf75

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?