If you could choose: Brno Z, ZG 47, ZKK or Cz 550??

I have a CZ 550 Rigby in 416. I took a 42 inch Cape Buffalo in Zimbabwe. I like the availability of having an extra round. It is solid and well built. IMHO.
One caveat on the CZ 550 Rigby is a set trigger. If you push the trigger forward, for lack of a better term, it becomes a hair trigger, meaning any slight touch, tug or whisper and the round touches off. My curiosity got the better of me one day at the range lucky for me I had the rifle secured in a lead sled. Surprise or better yet effing surprised. Never messed with that setting again. Couldn’t fathom the reason to have this setting. Has anyone else with CZ 550 416 Rigby experienced that trigger setting?

One i would like, if only could build a replica one day would be good.

Option 2 , a ZG action and aKKC laminate stockæ,

One caveat on the CZ 550 Rigby is a set trigger. If you push the trigger forward, for lack of a better term, it becomes a hair trigger, meaning any slight touch, tug or whisper and the round touches off. My curiosity got the better of me one day at the range lucky for me I had the rifle secured in a lead sled. Surprise or better yet effing surprised. Never messed with that setting again. Couldn’t fathom the reason to have this setting. Has anyone else with CZ 550 416 Rigby experienced that trigger setting?
It is the standard trigger on the last of the CZ 550 models. That hair trigger can be adjusted from ounces to a bit over 1 pound I believe. I have mine set at about 1pound which gives me more “breathing” room. I find it helpful for sighting in but very rarely use it in the field.

It is the standard trigger on the last of the CZ 550 models. That hair trigger can be adjusted from ounces to a bit over 1 pound I believe. I have mine set at about 1pound which gives me more “breathing” room. I find it helpful for sighting in but very rarely use it in the field.
Agreed

I think its a great trigger but lots seem not to like it and want to toss it for something else.

Thanks for the info, glad to see that there are adjustments for it if needed.

You can deactivate the set trigger feature quite simply. But thorough testing of the trigger function is advised after that. I did that on my standard 550 in 300wm . Instructions were in the CZ US catalogue 10 years ago.

Very much dependant on caliber and application, having a few of these variants strangely enough my go to rifles in for any hunt are selected in this order: CZ550 in 375 / ZG47 in 9.3 x 62 and ZKK602 300WM.

The set trigger on the 550 is a bit hairy but I find that in thick bushveld conditions, I tend to forget setting the trigger. I can be set and deactivated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeHor

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with