If this is lion hunting…. You can have it

I also watched this last night. It appears to be the usual type Kalahari CBL hunt where the lion was tracked on foot until it stood it's ground, then shot with a crossbow at close range. The result was the lion charging and the PH making a great stop at less then 5 yds.

What specifically did you disagree with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant NOT AGREE with thus Not Proud as your post infers.

What specifically did you agree with?
I spoke with you briefly at the DSC AHF get together and know we’re on the same page.

The only thing I agree with is the title “he saved my life”; the PH did save his life.

What I don’t understand is putting out a video of shooting a lion with a crossbow and someone else has to save your life by downing the lion….. and you are proud of this and advertising it to the world?

Almost seems like he’s trolling for hateful comments from both hunters and Anti hunters alike.

I don’t see a problem, it’s a bow hunt with a backup rifle, unless it’s a canned version of a hunt ? And the PH was saving everyone a$$ , no telling who that lion would have gotten under those circumstances

I spoke with you briefly at the DSC AHF get together and know we’re on the same page.

The only thing I agree with is the title “he saved my life”; the PH did save his life.

What I don’t understand is putting out a video of shooting a lion with a crossbow and someone else has to save your life by downing the lion….. and you are proud of this and advertising it to the world?

Almost seems like he’s trolling for hateful comments from both hunters and Anti hunters alike.
Yes I suspect the poster is trying to garner "hits" to his YT page by advertising all the drama, but the hunt was what it was and the PH probably did save the hunter's butt as well as all those in close proximity. Could have happened on a buff or ele hunt or even a wild lion or leopard hunt also.

No problem with the hunt but agree with that it is not wise to put this on YouTube and certainly not the "begging for likes" title.

I feel unqualified to comment on this as I am due for my first PG safari in RSA in 16 days. The video bothers me. I never really criticize hunters for harvesting animals legally. My feeling is we all need to stick together. If you want to shoot a deer over 2 tons of corn, I don't like it but I support you. If you want to shoot an elephant, probably not something I can see myself doing, but I support you and stand behind you in defense (if done legally).

This just sort of hits different. I'm not sure what the expected end result here was. Certainly not a dead animal from a crossbow bolt. The PH is always there for a reason with a rifle but in this case, it was expected vs. a contingency.

I just feel like there was no expectation to place an immediately fatal shot with the crossbow here.

Last edited:
It’s already bad enough that the voting millions of childish delusionals think hunting of any description is horrid.

Even so, we see fit to show them this video?

And what in the hell was that overly complicated looking contraption that they used to wound their lion with anyway ?

Loonies have evidently taken over the asylum.

Personally, I agree with the OP, there is nothing to be proud of if your PH has to down your animal. I don't bow hunt nor do I ever intend to, just never interested me, likely for these reasons. I would not hunt DG with a single shot either. Looked like a bad shot to me anyway, hunter claimed double lung? Double lung is not ample in that situation. Just my opinion!

It’s already bad enough that the voting millions of childish delusionals think hunting of any description is horrid.

Even so, we see fit to show them this video?

And what in the hell was that overly complicated looking contraption that they used to wound their lion with anyway ?

Loonies have evidently taken over the asylum.

I think it's the duty of us to "police" our own in these cases. Otherwise, outside anti-groups will and the end result will be worse.

The video, in its entirety, was not good.

Personally, I agree with the OP, there is nothing to be proud of if your PH has to down your animal. I don't bow hunt nor do I ever intend to, just never interested me, likely for these reasons. I would not hunt DG with a single shot either. Looked like a bad shot to me anyway, hunter claimed double lung? Double lung is not ample in that situation. Just my opinion!
Agreed. I know it happens with rifles too but seems far less likely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrishSeris

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia