I will be going to Africa!!!

I've got a healthy budget for "incidentals". If that once in lifetime walks by I want to be able to take it but I am also planning the second safari already in a few years to take my son in 3 or 4 years.
My wife has turned into my “incidental budget” I came home with a wonderful gemsbok and a monster waterbuck on my last 2 safaris, she saw them and urged me to shoot. In 2021 the one morning she slept in we came across a kudu of a lifetime, one PH said about 59” and another said close to 60”. When we got back to camp I showed her pictures and if I remember correctly she said “you fool” never saw him again. Needless to say next year I won’t let her sleep in!

The family and I took a rather epic trip to England and Scotland the last couple of weeks.

We spent a day at Holland and Holland in London and I did the rifle cinema. If you ever get a chance to spend time here, take it. Even got to spend time imagining Africa soon.
IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg

Pretty quick from join to this post but...

I placed my deposit to go and hunt South Africa for April 2025! THe culmination of a 15 year long dream is gonna happen.

My package includes 7 days with a Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Impala, and Warthog. I may add a Kudu but have plenty of time.

SO DAMN EXCITED!!!!
I would toss the rest of those animals for a kudu hunt. Challenging and a spectacular trophy. Impala are like gophers. You'll see plenty of them while hunting anything else. And they're cheap to shoot. The seven year drought that's been over for a couple of years did take a toll on warthogs, especially Eastern Cape. The old tuskers either died off or broke off their teeth on dried up ground. They should be recovering now. You should see plenty of them while hunting other animals but they don't stand still. Everything likes to eat them so they're skittish. Impress upon your guide that you want to spot and stalk. Much more fun than sitting at a waterhole or pile of citrus mash. Of course, if bow hunting you're kinda stuck with that.

Have fun!

Funny enough I’m already planning the second trip. I can already tell I’m going to want to take my son as either a middle school graduation or high school middle trip. So the Kudu may wait for that but I know I’ll add one at some point.
No need to wait. I've shot kudu bulls on three of four safaris and tried pretty hard to get one the last trip. They are so much fun to hunt. I prefer chasing game in the hills. Lots more country to see with binoculars and spotting scope.
20230819_082010.jpg
20230818_175611.jpg
20230813_173608.jpg

The family and I took a rather epic trip to England and Scotland the last couple of weeks.

We spent a day at Holland and Holland in London and I did the rifle cinema. If you ever get a chance to spend time here, take it. Even got to spend time imagining Africa soon.
Crackerman - Good for you! Welcome to Safari style hunting. You may never have another spare dime to your name. But, you will also never regret it. In a one week hunt in Africa, you will live more and hunt more than you have in the last year.

I have been wanting to tour Scotland. Some of my Mom's side of the family were descendants of Highland warriors from Caithness, Scotland and the Orkney Iles. Where do you plan to hunt? I just returned last week from Limpopo, South Africa and had a magical time. I cannot recommend it more. Especially for a first time. Have you selected an outfitter? My hunt was for 8 days and I had five animals on my main list plus Baboon and Warthog which are mostly tgts of opportunity in the area I was hunting. By day four, I was tagged out despite having a few rather difficult species on my list. We were forced to abandon a hunt for the Baboon on one of the other concessions where they are more common due to a wildfire that was raging up north near that zone. So, I pulled in an Impala from my 2025 list and had a great last day hunting it. As Ontario says, Impala are running around like rabbits in most places and are not super hard to harvest. I will post a proper hunt report later but am taking my time telling the stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sophia17T8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]