I will be going to Africa!!!

Crackerman - enjoy all of the prep and planning and the little details necessary for such and epic adventure. That process is half the fun. I committed to my first trip last June after a friend returned and invited me to join his group on a return trip. I had a light rifle and have totally immersed myself into all things safari on the path to getting ready. I located and tuned up a big bore DG rifle over the fall and have been testing loads and learning to shoot from sticks. I have been acquiring a set of gear items that I lacked or needed upgraded. A few more scopes and hats and binocs, etc. Wife and I met with the PH earlier this month while he was in country and attended SCI as well as the AH dinner gathering that weekend where we met tons of like minded folks. My hunt is not until June 2025. My list is now more or less final:
  • Warthog (or Blesbok)
  • Blue Wildebeest
  • Impala
  • Kudu
  • Baboon
  • Cape Buffalo
We also are going to SA in the Limpopo Provence near the Zim border. I still have over a year to wait, (ugh). In fact it is such a long time that I am discussing with my PH of possibly doing a shorter African warmup hunt this year to go after some smaller or varmint type game just for fun. This is not yet a done deal but a possibility. Jackal, Caracal, Tiny 10, or even Croc. It is an obsession, lol.

Plan to add the kudu. Once you see one you’ll want it for sure. It took all my willpower to not take a second one and really blow past my budget more than i already had.

I was offered a management bull opportunity... but had already blown past my budget; the cow buff didn't help. hahahaha... I had to sprint hundreds of yards - after hiking miles - to catch up wit Wik on the final approach, after it went over a ridge. I feel certain you will appreciate that.

To the thread's author: as others have said ADD THE KUDU. And don't be afraid to ask about management/cull opportunities.

This is my management bull. I have two others that are larger. I am working on starting a collection, for them and warthogs. :p You should start your own collection. Statistically, odds are strong this won't be your last trip. No time like the present.

P1020163.JPG

Congrats on pulling the trigger. I can't wait to go next year. So many things to learn and plan on just to sit and wait. Sweet torture.

Congrats, we look forward to the report!

1 STEP CLOSER TO GOING!!!!

I spoke with Jenn at @TRAVEL EXPRESS after some phone tag and had a great experience. SHe was willing to answer a lot of dumb questions and found me a better fare on United for the premium economy price then Delta coach would have been for a few hundred more.

Many thanks and 1 step closer.

Congratulations on your upcoming safari. You will enjoy every minute of your trip. Don’t sweat the small things. It’s Africa. Go with the flow. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Congratulations! Soak it all in. It will be here before you know it, and it will be over before you know it. Savor and enjoy every sweet second of it!

1 STEP CLOSER TO GOING!!!!

I spoke with Jenn at @TRAVEL EXPRESS after some phone tag and had a great experience. SHe was willing to answer a lot of dumb questions and found me a better fare on United for the premium economy price then Delta coach would have been for a few hundred more.

Many thanks and 1 step closer.
We're so glad this worked out, and a great price to boot! Thanks for trusting in us, and we look forward to your full report after the hunt.

Congratulations and you will never be the same. Just understand, once you go, you will forever want to go back. You will also be "chasing" that first time the rest of your life. Enjoy every minute of it.

Congratulations on your upcoming adventure.

We're so glad this worked out, and a great price to boot! Thanks for trusting in us, and we look forward to your full report after the hunt.
Great choice using Jennifer. Word of advice, you will be contacting her to go back, and back etc. Africa is addictive

I waited years and just got back. Had a package similar to yours. Add the Kudu. I got a once in lifetime deal on an old bull Sable and had to take him Good luck

@crackerman and @Sgt Zim: Congratulations! You about to embark on an experience that will change your life. Safari gets in to your soul.

Yeah- add kudu!

Kudu was on my list of ‘maybe’ until I found ‘the one’.

I've got a healthy budget for "incidentals". If that once in lifetime walks by I want to be able to take it but I am also planning the second safari already in a few years to take my son in 3 or 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorene69L8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]