I have a mature bull buffalo question...

Of the three Cape Buffalo I've hunted, all had a complete set of horns. I honestly wouldn't want a scrum cap bull, but I also don't blame anyone else that would want one. My last bull in Zimbabwe was estimated at 14 years old, and had a full set of horns, very worn bosses, and only a 36" spread. I was quite happy with him, even though it didn't make the magical 40" mark. I kind of look at it in terms of deer hunting. If I paid to go on an expensive deer hunt, would I shoot a buck with broken antlers, just because he's old? No I wouldn't. Although I do realize that a deer can grow his antlers back, it's still highly unlikely that I'd be the one shooting him next year. But to each their own, and I respect anyone who hunts whatever bull they deem a trophy to them.

Resized952022082595090926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eish.....what did you end up getting?

One caveat: I want to know that my "trophy" is old enough to have had opportunity to breed AND PASS ON THOSE GOOD GENETIC TRAITS. That usually is minimum hard boss--NOT an admirably spread soft bossed buff.

I'd want a buffalo with two horns and a steak that's rare as fuck hahaha
@RMC
Sound like you like your steak like my dad did.
Chucked on, chucked over and chucked on the plate. If it still bleeds but doesn't moo its just right.
I like mine medium rare.
Bob

@RMC
Sound like you like your steak like my dad did.
Chucked on, chucked over and chucked on the plate. If it still bleeds but doesn't moo its just right.
I like mine medium rare.
Bob
Yep, seems like the older I get the more I like the blood. Definitely nothing wrong with a good medium rare steak though. Still lots of flavor, half the time I over cook mine and end up eating it medium hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaHab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]