Hypothetically Speaking... Which 9.3 in a custom ZG47?

I was actually thinking of the x64 myself recently, but brass availability being about nil has dissuaded me from getting serious about it.
Not to mention zero need of it.
Zero need is the worst excuse!
If I only bought rifles I "needed" I would not have some of my favorite rifles now!

I have found loaded ammo up here in Canada, so I will be able to get the brass. At this point I think I am down to my smiths recommendation. As @Clodo Ferreira pointed out, if it looks like it may not run smoothly in the zg47, then the x62 will win by default; the original cal of the ZG was a 270, so the bolt face is already set for an x62.

Zero need is the worst excuse!
If I only bought rifles I "needed" I would not have some of my favorite rifles now!

I have found loaded ammo up here in Canada, so I will be able to get the brass. At this point I think I am down to my smiths recommendation. As @Clodo Ferreira pointed out, if it looks like it may not run smoothly in the zg47, then the x62 will win by default; the original cal of the ZG was a 270, so the bolt face is already set for an x62.
I see you live on the island, we were recently up there in Nanaimo visiting my daughter and family. Pretty sure my wife and I got Covid while on the Tsawwassen ferry.
Sick for most of August.

I have looked at the x64 and 370 sako but due to logistics they never made the cut. Have 4 9.3x62's.

Solid balanced round that you can hunt the world with.

I was actually thinking of the x64 myself recently, but brass availability being about nil
Bertram Brass have 4,000 pieces of 9.3X64 in stock, just got to get someone to import into USA or Canada.
I had a look at what I would need to do to send some into Canada following a PM. The export permit from the Department of Defence is doable. But I would then need to use an export broker to lodge the paperwork and manage the shipment which is OK is you have a shipping container full of product but not feasible for a bag containing 100 piece of brass.
The AUKUS agreement looks like it will make it easier to export ammunition components from Australia to the USA in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vera40518

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well