Hypothetically Speaking... Which 9.3 in a custom ZG47?

I was actually thinking of the x64 myself recently, but brass availability being about nil has dissuaded me from getting serious about it.
Not to mention zero need of it.
Zero need is the worst excuse!
If I only bought rifles I "needed" I would not have some of my favorite rifles now!

I have found loaded ammo up here in Canada, so I will be able to get the brass. At this point I think I am down to my smiths recommendation. As @Clodo Ferreira pointed out, if it looks like it may not run smoothly in the zg47, then the x62 will win by default; the original cal of the ZG was a 270, so the bolt face is already set for an x62.

Zero need is the worst excuse!
If I only bought rifles I "needed" I would not have some of my favorite rifles now!

I have found loaded ammo up here in Canada, so I will be able to get the brass. At this point I think I am down to my smiths recommendation. As @Clodo Ferreira pointed out, if it looks like it may not run smoothly in the zg47, then the x62 will win by default; the original cal of the ZG was a 270, so the bolt face is already set for an x62.
I see you live on the island, we were recently up there in Nanaimo visiting my daughter and family. Pretty sure my wife and I got Covid while on the Tsawwassen ferry.
Sick for most of August.

I have looked at the x64 and 370 sako but due to logistics they never made the cut. Have 4 9.3x62's.

Solid balanced round that you can hunt the world with.

I was actually thinking of the x64 myself recently, but brass availability being about nil
Bertram Brass have 4,000 pieces of 9.3X64 in stock, just got to get someone to import into USA or Canada.
I had a look at what I would need to do to send some into Canada following a PM. The export permit from the Department of Defence is doable. But I would then need to use an export broker to lodge the paperwork and manage the shipment which is OK is you have a shipping container full of product but not feasible for a bag containing 100 piece of brass.
The AUKUS agreement looks like it will make it easier to export ammunition components from Australia to the USA in the near future.

Bertram Brass have 4,000 pieces of 9.3X64 in stock, just got to get someone to import into USA or Canada.
I had a look at what I would need to do to send some into Canada following a PM. The export permit from the Department of Defence is doable. But I would then need to use an export broker to lodge the paperwork and manage the shipment which is OK is you have a shipping container full of product but not feasible for a bag containing 100 piece of brass.
The AUKUS agreement looks like it will make it easier to export ammunition components from Australia to the USA in the near future.
Wow... I wish I could get brass like that! I pricing this out I was looking at buying loaded RWS.

What Grumpy Gumpy said. Go the X64 and you will never be thinking I wish I had gone the X62 route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulinqingye320

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.