Hunting Southern Alabama

GerardV

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, UK
I'm fortunate enough to be working in Alabama for five months later this year and figured I'd make the most of hunting an new country whilst there.
Unfortunately I'll not be able to use a firearm, so it would all be bow hunting.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the public land and wildlife management areas are like for deer and hogs in southern Alabama, specifically around Ft Novosel?

I just returned from Australia and went through the anal exam required to obtain an International Visitor Firearm Permit from the Victoria Police. We do not have the same requirements here in the states if that is why you think you could not use a firearm while here.

As far as places to hunt, Alabama appears to be like many southern states, and has limited public land availability. Here are links to state and federal lands that are open to hunting. Alabama WMAs & Alabama National Forests

Last edited:
I just returned from Australia and went through the anal exam required to obtain an International Visitor Firearm Permit from the Victoria Police. We do not have the same requirements here in the states if that is why you think you could not use a firearm while here.

Ah, welcome to Australian firearms bureaucracy....

Unfortunately I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't purchase or use a firearm outside of work whilst over there.

Understood. Just didn't want you to think you couldn't use one due to permitting issues. I added some links to public land in Alabama for you to look through. Hopefully some locals will chime in and can give you more specific advise on hunting opportunities!

Understood. Just didn't want you to think you couldn't use one due to permitting issues. I added some links to public land in Alabama for you to look through. Hopefully some locals will chime in and can give you more specific advise on hunting opportunities!
Much appreciated! I will check them out.

Unfortunately I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't purchase or use a firearm outside of work whilst over there.
What on earth man??? That’s just tragic.

I’m sure there are some members here who could set you up with a weekend of hunting.

If you don’t mind riding over to Georgia one weekend I could probably make something happen.

I’ve never heard of such a thing, what a travesty! Is this a government or employer issue?

I’ve never heard of such a thing, what a travesty! Is this a government or employer issue?

Gov, I believe it was introduced after a foreign military student shot a number of people in Pensacola a few years ago.

@sureshot375 that is a very kind offer. I may have to take you up on that if I can't find any deer around AL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mymobilityscooters8929

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?