How will the looting in Durban impact SA hunting?

Hi charleslabounty, things have calmed down a lot. We have stopped our road blocks and last night was the end of our passive observation posts. We are still actively patrolling the area in vehicles after dark to supplement the local security companies. As a community we now have a data base and means of calling up an armed force at short notice with keys points to rally to and defend. There was concern a few nights ago that a second wave was coming after two million rounds of police ammo was looted from a shipping container, however, nothing materialised. The police and military presence has also increased which has allowed most shops to reopen although stock is limited due to the burning down of the big distribution centres. This was a good refresher for the community to get its act together in an emergency and we did it well. Hopefully the events of the last fortnight will take the wind out of the sales of the proposed bill to take away firearms for self defence. I am now thinking of dedicating one of my hunting rifles (308) to a patrol rifle role with some modifications like low mag illuminated reticule scope and new bottom metal to accept AICS mags to compliment my Glock. We never know when something similar starts up again, and as we have learnt in high resolution, you cannot be over prepared.
I heard the government has now completely abandoned the firearms bill due to how effective the armed communities are combined with the SAPS and private security firms.

I heard the government has now completely abandoned the firearms bill due to how effective the armed communities are combined with the SAPS and private security firms.

I hope this is true, at least something good would have come out of this mess.

I eagerly await proof of that.....

Like you, LvW I would like to see a statement from The Government indicating that the Firearms Control Amendment Bill has been scrapped. "Experts" and "lobbyists" wanting it scrapped is only a start.......FWB

It seems to me that Henry Durrheim of Rifle Permits stays on top of South Africa's "firearms laws" maybe he can shed some light on the Firearms Control Amendment Bill. Sorry if anyone thinks this is off topic.

I wonder how many times I sat at a Afrikaans table in RSA being told "How can you live in Zimbabwe, don't you realize what is happening?" My reply "wait till it happens in RSA", their reply ACCHH! It could never happen here, we all have guns and know how to use them!

The wheel turns, but I truly empathize with our friends to the South.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henrietta8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa