How possible would a double lever rifle be?

Nobody is going to make one. There is no "why" in the real world, but 95% of all talk on guns could be reduced to get a Glock, a 30-06, and a few other things. Oddly, there seems to be a small fetish out there for creating doubles that are impractical. Ever see the 1911 .45 double? Would it have a tactical purpose, sure, the idea I mentioned of two immediate shots and the most rapid reloads one can have short of an automated system is a useful thing. But then, is it a step forward to give hunters a better gun? If so, a local shop seems to have cornered the market of 9.3x62 barrels for the Garand.
Why isn't there no “why” in the real world?
 

And it looks practical if it was completely revised for DG needs, but then you get to the situation of is it driving the fun and beauty out of the thing. Why travel thousands of miles to do something you could get paid to do on a kill floor at the meat plant.
 
Why isn't there no “why” in the real world?
Well a short review of "real" might be that from what I understand, CZ will not bother to tool up to re-offer their well regarded bolt guns. If that market doesn't exist...

There are already high fire power options that could be allowed, or are being used by some departments, so why not go there first? The BAR and the Garand are both available in 9.3x62 for instant follow up shots. They are semis, and semis are not allowed, but that could be changed just as air rifles, sniper rifles; pistols, and archery gear have been accommodated.

In the end, is the conceived of double actually better than the accepted double. There would still be pros and cons.

But getting to "why" is as easy as people saying they want it. It could change, though the likelihood is really small.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,704
Members
169,605
Latest member
ArthurGag
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top