How many PH's are actually using double rifles?

I would love a Heym in 500NE just can’t afford it.
So my big bore arsenal consists of …

Brno 602 in 458 Express
Brno 602 in 458 WM
Winchester M70 in 416 Rem Mag
Musgrave 375 H&H

I would love a Heym in 500NE just can’t afford it.
So my big bore arsenal consists of …

Brno 602 in 458 Express
Brno 602 in 458 WM
Winchester M70 in 416 Rem Mag
Musgrave 375 H&H
Though I own a .404, .470, and 500/416, as a client, I have found that I don't have much use for any of them in any format. A 300 gr A Frame or Hydro from one of my .375's seems to meet every requirement I have had in Africa far more accurately and with much less fuss and bother.

Red Leg, did you make a mistake buying the larger caliber DR’s
Did you buy them before you had the experience with a .375 ?

Red Leg, did you make a mistake buying the larger caliber DR’s
Did you buy them before you had the experience with a .375 ?
In part yes. The 500/416 was the original caliber of my S2. I acquired the .375 and '06 sets and never seemed to have a need for the 500/416. The .404 is a magnificent rifle by Craig Libhart that I had built around 2008 following my first safari because everyone should have a .404 for Africa. It too has never been across the Atlantic. The .470 was purchased about ten years ago because it was a great deal and I could perhaps use it on a buffalo or elephant. Somehow, none of those rifles or calibers could exceed the sheer utility of a .375 - particularly when I experienced having one in a R8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollandAlm

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe