Politics

Just finished reading "Hillbilly Elegy." For those who haven't, it is well worth the read. I also listened to an interview of him that Megyn Kelly did back in 2017. If you have only paid attention to the critical press, left or right, about him like I had, you are in for a very pleasant surprise. While I still think some of his positions with respect to foreign policy are uninformed, he will have my support.

thats very good to hear..

my wife and I plan on watching the movie version on netflix tonight or tomorrow... I might pick up the book and give it a read while Im flying (hopping a plane for RSA on Friday late afternoon)..

New info from Fox News, the usss had information that there was a suspicious person that posed a threat as far out as an hour before the first round went down range and still put the president on stage…..

Saw this and another piece saying a person was spotted using a rangefinder.

Every now and again it is good to be reminded what a reprehensible, small minded, prepubescent dilettante Matt Gaetz truly is.

I heard Trump knew about the Iranian plot and went on with the event anyway.

I watched Hillbilly Elegy 2 nights ago on Netflix as self assigned homework, to learn about our new VP. It was a decent movie in its own right. But more valuable to learn where he comes from.

His grandmother halted his descent on the wrong path.

I mean the separate Iranian plot. Not that the shooting was the Iranians

Thats actually not uncommon... its possible they briefed Trump of the threat and Trump decided to go on stage anyway... or its possible they knew there was someone suspicious out there.. but still didnt know what the actual threat was.. for example.. theres now cell phone footage of the shooter walking around the building looking suspicious about an hour before he climbed up onto the roof and took a shot.. but in that footage he doesnt have a ladder.. doesnt have a rifle.. or anything else on his person.. he is just walking around surveying the area by himself without anyone else around..

If thats all the information the USSS had.. they may well have told whoever in Trumps campaign that is their liaison.. who then made the decision to not brief Trump and just move forward (while USSS SHOULD have continued to investigate to determine exactly what the threat was, where it was, etc..etc..)

We took my guy into places where we knew he was under threat routinely.. he ultimately has to do his job.. and we had to do the best we could to mitigate, remove, or avoid those threats the best way possible..

the guy that "pied" Bill Gates came after my protectee.. we knew he was supposed to be at the same place we were going to be.. we knew what his intentions were.. etc.. but no one from the local police or from my advance party or counter surveillance party had ID'd him by the time we were supposed to move... we made the decision to go on with the mission and just remained hyper vigilant.. thankfully the local LEO's found him a couple of blocks away and kept him busy (i.e. detained him with a whole lot of questions, etc..etc..) as we were wrapping things up for the day... once we got into our motorcade and left the area.. the local cops let him go on about his business (he hadnt broken any laws at that point.. but it was clear he intended to.. so they had reason to "investigate" but no reason to arrest at that point).. .
This whole thing is just a weird series of unfortunate events and if we were listening to the tale being told it would be unbelievable.

Two things come to mind:

1. Truth is stranger than fiction
2. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend. (or something like that)

Need more than a movie and rumor control to judge a person's values and ethics. Especially when their profession is in politics. Need to know more about what he has done, and voted on legislations during his short political career.

This whole thing is just a weird series of unfortunate events and if we were listening to the tale being told it would be unbelievable.
In my experience (several times a 15-6 investigating officer for some fairly serious events), small and large catastrophes generally only occur due to a series of missteps, any one of which had it not occurred would likely have prevented the resulting event. With large public fiascos like this, it is far easier to believe it was the result of some nefarious conspiracy.

Now I think there is real potential for Biden to drop out..

Apparently he made the statement today that if a doctor told him he had a medical condition that would require him to leave the race, that he would…

And the DNC pushed back its plans to hurry his nomination by a week…

Well… there is no shortage of doctors saying Biden has a medical condition..

I predicted 2 weeks ago that they will use Parkinson’s to get pity and he will be spun by the media as being the 15th Dalai lama

He will go from bumbling Joe to Saint Joe

The Media will be fawning over his “lifetime of service”

Obama will give the California cartel. Shiff, Pelosi and Harris permission to threaten to leak the Hurr interview and pull his DOJ protection from prosecution. If he doesn’t go

And then he will be promised immunity and a pardon for Hunter. If he will go.

And sold to the public as the best president in modern times. “ what a transformational president” uniting the country. Doves will fly
Cats and Dogs living together. All will be well.

Two things come to mind:

1. Truth is stranger than fiction
2. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend. (or something like that)

Need more than a movie and rumor control to judge a person's values and ethics. Especially when their profession is in politics. Need to know more about what he has done, and voted on legislations during his short political career.
It is why I recommend the book even more than Ron Howard's movie, where his grandmother is actually the main character. It is easy to find. But you are correct.

Some good things about him.

He truly does represent the classic American success story. This was a kid, rather like Ben Carson, who had every reason to fail. But instead, he enlisted in the Marine Corps following high school, which included a tour in Iraq. He then entered and graduated summa cum laude with a double major from Ohio State University in two years. He was then accepted to Yale Law School where he was editor of the Law Review and was greatly influenced by Professor Amy Chu - probably the one ant-woke faculty member on that campus. By the way her book, "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother", though not my usual fare, is fascinating. His autobiography made him a darling among the coastal literary elite - at least until they asked him about his vision for middle America. He was very critical of Trump's manner and name calling - I also suspect of his personal morals. But he embraced the former president's view of the potential of the forgotten American worker, and where the true strength of the nation resided.

The only real negative is, like John Kennedy, there is no revealing trail of legislation or deals.

But then again, there have been few who have been more personally revealing than Vance.

I have high hopes.

We didn’t have a president for 10 days while he prepared for the debate, which didn’t do him any good, and now he’ll isolate himself for the next 14 days for covid……. As the stomach turns, will the 25th rear its head? Will Kamala be sworn at? Stay tuned!

It is why I recommend the book even more than Ron Howard's movie, where his grandmother is actually the main character. It is easy to find. But you are correct.

Some good things about him.

He truly does represent the classic American success story. This was a kid, rather like Ben Carson, who had every reason to fail. But instead, he enlisted in the Marine Corps following high school, which included a tour in Iraq. He then entered and graduated summa cum laude with a double major from Ohio State University in two years. He was then accepted to Yale Law School where he was editor of the Law Review and was greatly influenced by Professor Amy Chu - probably the one ant-woke faculty member on that campus. By the way her book, "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother", though not my usual fare, is fascinating. His autobiography made him a darling among the coastal literary elite - at least until they asked him about his vision for middle America. He was very critical of Trump's manner and name calling - I also suspect of his personal morals. But he embraced the former president's view of the potential of the forgotten American worker, and where the true strength of the nation resided.

The only real negative is, like John Kennedy, there is no revealing trail of legislation or deals.

But then again, there have been few who have been more personally revealing than Vance.

I have high hopes.
I am not quite as optimistic as you, but I am at least intrigued by the man and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be the most interesting and thoughtful of those who were under consideration.

And now on ABC News:

Biden has COVID19.

I think the demcommies have finally found a way to get rid of Biden.

November can't come fast enough.

FB_IMG_1721223147918.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannaWil

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,