Holland & Holland bolt 375H&H - 16K

I thought someone may want this. Its at Cabelas in Fort Worth TX:

It’s almost certainly a take down, although the pictures and description don’t make that clear. The scope almost looks older than the rifle. Those H&H mounts are dear, and generally serialized to the rifle. The cocking piece peep site is a nice feature. I don’t really know where the market is for these rifles right now - not clear to me whether this is a “good deal”.

Looks like a classic Holland take apart (barreled receiver comes out of the stock) to me. The matching TD case is a nice touch. The scope may not be super useful as it may not be an actual 1” tube making the scope mounts less valuable. I had one like this and the scope was a little larger than 1” so required a bit of shimming to work with a modern 1” scope. Still workable though for a more modern scope if you wanted to use this rifle. The peep sight is not a Holland sight so it is pretty cool but not as much so as if it were an OG Holland peep.

I would say the actual sales market value is $12,500-$16,000. There have been a lot of post war H&H 375s for sale for a while now. This one has a bit of advantage over most because of the TD case and scope mounts though IMO.

This gun has been in their gun Library for some time and based on several conversations with them they’re not willing to move much on price.

Having seen the gun in person I placed the value closer to @vette447 lower number

Looks like a classic Holland take apart (barreled receiver comes out of the stock) to me. The matching TD case is a nice touch. The scope may not be super useful as it may not be an actual 1” tube making the scope mounts less valuable. I had one like this and the scope was a little larger than 1” so required a bit of shimming to work with a modern 1” scope. Still workable though for a more modern scope if you wanted to use this rifle. The peep sight is not a Holland sight so it is pretty cool but not as much so as if it were an OG Holland peep.

I would say the actual sales market value is $12,500-$16,000. There have been a lot of post war H&H 375s for sale for a while now. This one has a bit of advantage over most because of the TD case and scope mounts though IMO.
Some of these came with a Nickel Marburg scope, that had a 26mm instead of 1” tube, making the mounts just slightly too large for the more plentiful 1” scopes.

Some of these came with a Nickel Marburg scope, that had a 26mm instead of 1” tube, making the mounts just slightly too large for the more plentiful 1” scopes.

Yes. This is correct and what I have seen a well. You can make a 1” scope work by shimming but it is not ideal.

I'm not in the market but curious if anybody can tell whether it's on a standard or magnum length action? I have a hard time telling w/o seeing one in person and using my tape measure.

I believe it is a standard length. A magnum action would be quite rare in a 375 of that vintage. Really, they are pretty rare on a 375 Holland & Holland rifle of any vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoCamde

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available