High Quality Leather Goods

etsonaut

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, WSF
I recently placed an order for a culling belt, two ammo pouches and a leather sling pack from Tredouxtrading.com. I have to say that Nadia was incredibly responsive and the turnaround time from order to receipt was surprisingly quick. A+ on the level of service and communication.. As for the products, I received them Monday and they illustrate incredible craftsmanship. Jacques does very fine work. I would highly recommend them!
IMG_2105.jpeg

I ordered one as well in .275. It is a well made product. However, I wish I had noticed that the ammo loops were on the left. I personally find that very awkward in the field. Whether bolt gun or double, I much prefer to simply drop my right hand for a reload rather than reach across my body. The leather is also extremely stiff. Murray builds its rig (which I have used for .375 class rounds for nearly two decades) with loops on the right and from a much more pliable leather. I presume one could request a right side model from Tredoux.

I ordered one as well in .275. It is a well made product. However, I wish I had noticed that the ammo loops were on the left. I personally find that very awkward in the field. Whether bolt gun or double, I much prefer to simply drop my right hand for a reload rather than reach across my body. The leather is also extremely stiff. Murray builds its rig (which I have used for .375 class rounds for nearly two decades) with loops on the right and from a much more pliable leather. I presume one could request a right side model from Tredoux.
I can't speak for them but I would be surprised if they wouldn't try to accommodate that request.

That travel bag look very nice, I love a good leather bag, by most do not reinforce the shoulder strap connection points.

That travel bag look very nice, I love a good leather bag, by most do not reinforce the shoulder strap connection points.
It is one of the nicest I've seen. One other US (Tennessee) based leather company is called Colonel Littleton. Not hunting related but definitely some of the finest leather work you will find.

I’ve been very happy with the Murray Leather cartridge belt with leather loops that I’ve used for the past couple of years. We also have a couple of leather slings from him. All top quality stuff.

I recently placed an order for a culling belt, two ammo pouches and a leather sling pack from Tredouxtrading.com. I have to say that Nadia was incredibly responsive and the turnaround time from order to receipt was surprisingly quick. A+ on the level of service and communication.. As for the products, I received them Monday and they illustrate incredible craftsmanship. Jacques does very fine work. I would highly recommend them!View attachment 617521
Whatever size belt you ordered, did it fit you the way you wanted it to? Are sizes on website accurate or is there a lot of variation in actual size?

My belt fits fine. I ordered based on their measuring directions and it’s good. But, if it had been off a bit, there is a significant amount of adjustability built into the design.
IMG_2111.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
I’ve been very happy with the Murray Leather cartridge belt with leather loops that I’ve used for the past couple of years. We also have a couple of leather slings from him. All top quality stuff.
I looked those too. They look very practical. I guess I ended up going with Tredoux because of the sling pack. I just ordered everything at once.

If ordering from Jaques Tredoux I suggest requesting the leather he uses to line the inside of belts to be put on the outside also. And/Or ask that he makes the entire belt from the leather he uses to line belt with.

It’s more supply, flexible and not as stiff. If you want it very stiff don’t change his design.

I've seen people turn the belt around to put the buckle at their back. I'm not sure of the primary reason for it, but possibly to keep the buckle from getting snagged on the rifle somehow? In any case, this would put the cartridges on your right hand side for an easier reload.

I'm a big fan of Murray's stuff. I got a belt that I used for both my 7mm and 375 and it worked great, the quality is amazing. Then, I'd forgotten to get a sling for my 375 and called him the week before I was leaving and he looked and he had one ready to go. We're close enough I got it UPS is one day. The personal and very responsive service was top notch.

Then, I've got it out as I was packing stuff up - and we're dog sitting my daughter's lab - and my attention was diverted for one minute and she'd gotten it and was chewing it! Damn! Not happy! Well, while chewed pretty badly at the top it appeared a big enough piece was in tact so I took it and used it and it did fine. When I got back I emailed Murray and he said they could repair or replace. It came back like new, so happy with that place! Their stuff is beautiful, that sling is like a work of art.

I'm a big fan of Murray's stuff. I got a belt that I used for both my 7mm and 375 and it worked great, the quality is amazing. Then, I'd forgotten to get a sling for my 375 and called him the week before I was leaving and he looked and he had one ready to go. We're close enough I got it UPS is one day. The personal and very responsive service was top notch.

Then, I've got it out as I was packing stuff up - and we're dog sitting my daughter's lab - and my attention was diverted for one minute and she'd gotten it and was chewing it! Damn! Not happy! Well, while chewed pretty badly at the top it appeared a big enough piece was in tact so I took it and used it and it did fine. When I got back I emailed Murray and he said they could repair or replace. It came back like new, so happy with that place! Their stuff is beautiful, that sling is like a work of art.
I have heard lots of great things about Murray..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucretiaGa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.