Heym 88B 500NE

Spent a little time with JJ Perodeau Wednesday while he cut my Merkel for a red dot. He advised to shoot both barrels within 15 seconds. Shooting right barrel then looking at target thru spotting scope gives that barrel time to grow from the heat and effects left barrel POI. Made sense to me. He recommended two targets. One for each barrel side by side to help with identifying which hole was which.
I know very little but it made good sense to me.

Not that most care & I'm sure the 89 is incredible.

But the 88 is just .. beefy, menacing looking.

88 vs 89.jpg

Spent a little time with JJ Perodeau Wednesday while he cut my Merkel for a red dot. He advised to shoot both barrels within 15 seconds. Shooting right barrel then looking at target thru spotting scope gives that barrel time to grow from the heat and effects left barrel POI. Made sense to me. He recommended two targets. One for each barrel side by side to help with identifying which hole was which.
I know very little but it made good sense to me.
No need for two targets. I shoot my right barrel and label R1 then left barrel L1. this helped me see my shots were crossing so I backed down my loads until I got non crossing and 0.6 regulation. It just takes patience

Rare Breed, one of us is missing the others point. While I defer to your experience, my post was in regards to JJ stating that when regulating a double rifle you should try to fire both barrels in 15 seconds or less. Two targets allows you to do that and still identify which barrel and projectile made the hole.
Your way, labeling each hole, R1 for right barrel for example, requires going to the target and physically labeling it after each shot. Even in my younger days and a 25 yard target, it’s doubtful I could fire, run to the target, label hole, run back to my rifle, get behind it, aim and fire again in less than 15 seconds. Unless I’m missing your point, I’ll stand behind my previous post.
Respectfully Jody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteizcargos8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED