Hello all

Reaction score
This is my first and probably last post. I am not a safari hunter but am a keen feral pest hunter in Australia. I did however build up a 9.3x 64 Brenneke at one stage which I think would have been suitable for a safari shoot. My reason for posting is this. I have a Model 721 Remington in 30.06 which I 'inherited' from my deceased father in law. While not an upmarket action it strong and shoots very well and was born the same year I was. I have a spare extractor which are as rare hens teeth and am about to get the problematic Walker trigger remedied although I have had no problems with either as yet. The problem was the stock which has the comb too low to fit a scope. While randomly looking through this website I saw an intro from Brett Rossouw - BDR Stocks who happened to live 10 minutes from me. I contacted Brett who subsequently made me a fine walnut stock for my 30.06 and also a stock for my daughters 6.5x55 on a Mauser 98 action. Could I say his work is first class. He is a great guy to deal with and has transformed my rifle. Thanks Brett

:S Welcome:
Hope it’s not you last post. You seem to fit right in !

Thanks for the welcome I tried to post this photo with the OP but my poor old iMac couldn't handle it.
IMG_3974.jpg

Excellent old rifle(y)

I also have a 721 in 270 that was gifted from my grandfather. It is a tack driver! My father restocked mine in the 80's. I will try to post a pic or two when I get home in a couple weeks.....

Good day! Welcome to AH!

Hello and welcome!

:S Welcome:

Stay with us, we have a few Aussies on board, one more will be fine !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyrtleDick

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.