Hello all

Reaction score
This is my first and probably last post. I am not a safari hunter but am a keen feral pest hunter in Australia. I did however build up a 9.3x 64 Brenneke at one stage which I think would have been suitable for a safari shoot. My reason for posting is this. I have a Model 721 Remington in 30.06 which I 'inherited' from my deceased father in law. While not an upmarket action it strong and shoots very well and was born the same year I was. I have a spare extractor which are as rare hens teeth and am about to get the problematic Walker trigger remedied although I have had no problems with either as yet. The problem was the stock which has the comb too low to fit a scope. While randomly looking through this website I saw an intro from Brett Rossouw - BDR Stocks who happened to live 10 minutes from me. I contacted Brett who subsequently made me a fine walnut stock for my 30.06 and also a stock for my daughters 6.5x55 on a Mauser 98 action. Could I say his work is first class. He is a great guy to deal with and has transformed my rifle. Thanks Brett

:S Welcome:
Hope it’s not you last post. You seem to fit right in !

Thanks for the welcome I tried to post this photo with the OP but my poor old iMac couldn't handle it.
IMG_3974.jpg

Excellent old rifle(y)

I also have a 721 in 270 that was gifted from my grandfather. It is a tack driver! My father restocked mine in the 80's. I will try to post a pic or two when I get home in a couple weeks.....

Good day! Welcome to AH!

Hello and welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMHSophie5

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.