Zam Buk ointment

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Some new friends of mine from South Africa who I recently met at a house party in North Texas gave me a small tin of this Zam Buk ointment tonight, and they swear that it is an absolutely magical elixir when it comes to chafing, rashes, and dry skin. Apparently you cannot easily get it in the States, but I'm curious to hear the experience of others with this stuff.

ZamBuk.jpg

I always have a tin of Zambuk to hand. You can get a much larger tin, about the size of your palm, which is great for keeping in a vehicle or next to the bed. I use it on dry lips, small cuts and abrasions, insect bites etc. The tin can be a bit difficult to open if it gets dented. Growing up we used to joke that you could grow a new finger by rubbing zambuk on the stump.

We use it for everything!
Scratches, dry lips or skin, stings etc etc…
Magic Stuff!

Reminds me of the old days when Mom would get out the palm sized blue tin of Vic's Vapor Rub and slather that greasy smelly crap on our chests whenever we had a cold. Yuk!

My late father, born in 1905 maintained that Zam Buk is great for fast healing of cuts and bruises.

We use it a lot. Dry skin, cuts, aching muscles etc. Best thing is that it stops children scratching healing skin.

Thankfully very easy to get in the UK

I have noticed that the UK blend is much more viscous than the African blend, probably something to do with the temperature.

My wife has a theory that it might not be a good idea to coat ourselves in a petroleum based product, but it really does work.

My grandmother tells me it was about the only thing they had as a cure all in the war.

Like Bag Balm but with more stuff. Or like Black & White without the Mercuric Oxide?

The box it comes in is enough to make a believer out of most anyone!

Attachments

• 20240825_092326.jpg
    20240825_092326.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daxter11

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.