Hats on safari

I know Rands comes to DSC. Do they sell hats there or just take orders? Assuming I liked a style there, would they be able to fit it to me? I have a goofy shaped head I guess, and generic hats don’t fit me well.

I know Rands comes to DSC. Do they sell hats there or just take orders? Assuming I liked a style there, would they be able to fit it to me? I have a goofy shaped head I guess, and generic hats don’t fit me well.
They take orders only. They take measurements of your head and make a custom hat for you, so a goofy shaped head would be no problem. I like their hats, so I have multiples for different occasions.

They do have some available if you’re lucky enough to find one in your size

Have a look at these. I’ve one and it’s very cool in the hot weather gives great shade. Has a ventilation on the back. I cut the cord off of mine. Maybe the flowers will give the ph and trackers a good laugh but they do come in other colours.

View attachment IMG_8533.jpeg
View attachment IMG_8534.jpeg
View attachment IMG_8535.jpeg
Here it is with some other top nots!!
IMG_4236.jpeg

My dermatologist and I have entirely too frequent an association. Therefore, in Africa, I usually wear something with a brim. I have tried a stiff brimmed hat, which worked great while hunting, but was a pain for air travel.

This is a Barron and the same one they made for Redford's character in out of Africa. I decided the puggaree would be a bit over the top. It still finds its way to quail hunts and dove shoots, but it is too much trouble for air travel. He looked better in it.
View attachment 604946

Several years ago I discovered a cotton Tilley that is just about perfect. Have no idea the model name. However, it rolls up easily and provides great sun protection. It even has a bit of the Stewart Granger look without appearing like a sport on his first safari.
View attachment 604952

I would rather stay home than be caught wearing a pith helmet. :oops:
That Barron is a damn fine hat, sir.

Have a look at these. I’ve one and it’s very cool in the hot weather gives great shade. Has a ventilation on the back. I cut the cord off of mine. Maybe the flowers will give the ph and trackers a good laugh but they do come in other colours.

View attachment 620181
View attachment 620182
View attachment 620183
Here it is with some other top nots!!View attachment 620184
My hat's off to a guy who is not afraid to be original. :D

The Tilley Airflow hat is my favorite. Lots of shade and good ventilation.

The Tilley Airflow hat is my favorite. Lots of shade and good ventilation.
I just got a Tilley Ultralight T5 Classic and really like it. Might be my new go to hat for hot weather hunting.
1721253666386.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarlandDem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?