Gun room!

Reaction score
My first ever dedicated gun room is finished as of today! A little cleaning and then bring in the guns, ammo and reloading gear.

My wife and have moved from house to house about 12 times in the last 20 years and finally now, I get my own space to tinker on the guns.
IMG_8939.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! It looks great. Post more pictures when you have your reloading set up etc in place.

Have fun in your new toy room.

Sir, that is Awesome! Congratulations on obtaining your dream. I hope your home has a grand trophy room as well!

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Who did the electrical?
Oddly enough, I did the design and install of the electrical you can see in that photo. I added task lighting above the bench (I also made the bench) and I measured my gun racks to get lighting between them as they will be positioned in the room.

On the other side of the door is the rest of the basement (not as important as the gun room!) I designed that layout too but had my guys execute the install.

I’m a fair bit removed from working in the field these days, but still have some idea of how to do the work. I guess it’s the evolution of business that I don’t wear the tools much anymore. I have to deal with supply chain issues!

Oddly enough, I did the design and install of the electrical you can see in that photo. I added task lighting above the bench (I also made the bench) and I measured my gun racks to get lighting between them as they will be positioned in the room.

On the other side of the door is the rest of the basement (not as important as the gun room!) I designed that layout too but had my guys execute the install.

I’m a fair bit removed from working in the field these days, but still have some idea of how to do the work. I guess it’s the evolution of business that I don’t wear the tools much anymore. I have to deal with supply chain issues!
I am an electrical contractor and master electrician. Only an electrician would put an appropriate amount of receptacles above a work bench.

Love the space and lighting. But where do the guns go? ;) :E Shrug::E Shrug:

Last edited:
My first ever dedicated gun room is finished as of today! A little cleaning and then bring in the guns, ammo and reloading gear.

My wife and have moved from house to house about 12 times in the last 20 years and finally now, I get my own space to tinker on the guns.View attachment 547993
Enjoy YOUR space! Congrats

Looks great! And fyi I haven’t forgotten the fed 215’s I owe you for the bow. As soon as I’m back north I’ll deliver them.

I am an electrical contractor and master electrician. Only an electrician would put an appropriate amount of receptacles above a work bench.
My old man is an electrician. That man has outlets everywhere!

OP nice gun room. I’ll have one once my kids are out of the house.

Ryan, if you want 6-7 months of winter and an escape from the Texas heat, I could use another master electrician. I’m currently running numbers and ideas for opening another location.

Just putting that out there.

John.

Have a friend who took half a room, bricked up an additional inner wall with a solid vault door, and said, "now if they want my guns they'll have to wreck the house to get them...walk in gunroom bigger than any walk in closet.

Room looks great! I'm hoping behind that door is a vault door leading into a room that will comfortably hold 200 firearms....
Again, the space looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]