Good Gun Deals This Week

I once owned an Interarms .375. The Monte Carlo cheekpiece clouted my cheekbone whilst sighting it in. I shaped that down, and the wood was about 4 shades lighter than the sprayed-on finish. I had to strip and refinish the blondish stock.

I called about this rifle at 9am as soon as they opened and it was sold.
If it’s any consolation, I called about 45 seconds before you and was giving my credit card information to the gun library manager when you called.

Mr Rookhawk is quite correct, when you come across one priced this ridiculously low, you buy it right now! I paid about 3 times the price of this one for my present CZ 416 Rigby.

A friend who desperately wanted one recently asked me to keep my eyes peeled for one. He did have concerns about the potential cost. It shall be a gift now.

Yes that’s it. I tried he is firm. Thank you ActionBob. I just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something or should be on the look out for anything specific to this mftr, etc. im not looking to resale - I have a gun hoarding diagnosis- and the wood grain does something for me. If no apparent red flags I might go with it. I also have a new M70 on order - rep says November build date expected but we will see. One or both are going to Zambia next year.
I believe that is the same action as the Zastava and Remington 798. I picked up a nice 798 from Cabela's last DSC Convention. My father in law used it on his hunt this last July. It worked flawless for him. Seemed to fit him really well. All one shot kills except the buffalo he kept shooting although the first shot double lunged it. I checked the iron sights before mounting a scope and they were right on. It proved to be a tack driver when scoped. Feeds and functions wonderfully. These are Mauser actions. With that wood, what is not to like.

BTW, I predict you may come to like it better than the M70. My new model but M70 is a tack driver and easy to shoot. Very smooth action. However it is heavy to carry all day;)

Bullet availability may be the death of the gun's value. What's it worth without bullets? In the 1970s there were no bullets or ammo for all the double rifles and best guns sold for $250 as wall hangers. Obviously, times have definitely changed, but that gun's value relies upon dies, brass, and bullets in huge supplies. I believe Woodleigh made bullets for the .476 but it’s unclear if they ever will again considering its probably one of the worst sellers amongst their 500 product offerings. For now, they are focusing on building up supplies of their best sellers like 375, 416, 458, 470, etc.
Could one have custom brass and dies made fore it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyewrtcvf5876

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]