Good Gun Deals This Week

As badly as I want a double, I just can’t ever “pull the trigger.” I love my CZ550 404 Jeffery too much.

I called about the 470 as soon as they opened this morning and as usual they say it sold yesterday even though it came out on GI as new today.

Attachments

I know nothing about actual value, but that Matheson is a cool rifle!

Watson Brothers SxS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 9.03.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 9.03.08 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 48

Attachments

Watson Brothers SxS

You don't see these often. Most of the 360 bores were ruined between 1960 and 1990 by conversion to 9.3x74r when brass and dies weren't available.

Finding a survivor is quite a rarity.

I believe that gun was posted here before.

I was at my buddy Jason’s shop last week and he had a nice Ruger 77 in 458WM for $1995.

You can find it online at Gentz Sporting Arms.

IMG_9516.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

My M1910 Take Down Model has the 'special folding peep sight' as offered originally on pre WW2 Mannlicher Schoenauers. I have never found it to be a 'hinderance' of any sort. It's a rather nifty bit of kit, actually.

When down it stays down, when deployed I have never had it bite my hand and I have some fairly hefty paws (my '44 Mag Vaquero revolver has oversized grips). I have lost small chunks of the web of my hand (between thumb and trigger finger) to slides of small framed automatic pistols more than once, which is why I don't care for them.

I always hold the 1910 (9.5X57 - .375 Nitro Express Rimless, of course) very tight to the shoulder while sighting / firing, have never had any concern of the tang sight causing me damage and, when held tightly, she's never bruised me badly. I use 42 grains IMR4895 pushing the .375 270 grain RN.

Mine also has iron sights and claw mount 4X Gerard scope. When eyes were younger I made use of all three sighting systems, each better suited for different situations / lighting. The vintage scope mountings for MS nearly always were 'see through' to allow for quick acquisition with iron, then bring eye straight up to scope. With 'scope removed, the tang sight springs up instantly when / if desired with press of a button, push down and it clicks shut. When open, bolt may cycle right 'through' tang sight as shown in catalog image:

View attachment 615696
Stoeger, 1939

View attachment 615697
'Vienna Snapper' mount on MS.

View attachment 615698
'Options' list, 1939 Stoeger - Special Folding Peep Sight, $12.00 ($271.14 in 2024 dollars, per usinflationcalculator) - a pricey addition.

View attachment 615699
Mauser used them, as well

View attachment 615700
As had Westley Richards (1912 ad)

View attachment 615701
Claw mounted 'scope on Mauser, also 'see through' for iron sighting
My 9x56ms 1905 doesn't have a tang sight, or scope mounts. What I don't know is if putting correct claw mounts on it would reduce its value, I have a few period correct scopes.

Not a problem

Just saw all of these - apparently they have a connection for Safari RIfles

Insanely cheap one has sold the other one is still avalable - as is the Ruger no1 for about 1500

Anyhow to expensive to export to Europe but living thru you guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeusvshadesMaxine

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe