Good Gun Deals This Week

I don’t know if this is a good deal or not but it’s a good looking double. Not a fan of the engraving though. Likely could be had less than asking price...

Wow. I am just the opposite…I love engraving. Sure is at least a beautiful gun!!!

Wow. I am just the opposite…I love engraving. Sure is at least a beautiful gun!!!
I would consider buying it if someone with a little more knowledge could give assurance

I would consider buying it if someone with a little more knowledge could give assurance
You could not go wrong with this rifle in this caliber. If I didn't already have a vintage WR in 470, I would buy it in a heart beat. Merkels are some of the best deals in fine doubles on the market.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.27 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.28 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.30 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 12.15.31 PM.png
    939.5 KB · Views: 64
??

Anybody ever wish the Ruger no 1 quarter ribs were more attractive? Solid and soldered on with a fixed blade (if that would work with a scope?). Integrally machined would be too costly I guess?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.51.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.51.15 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.51.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.51.17 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.51.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.51.16 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
??

Anybody ever wish the Ruger no 1 quarter ribs were more attractive? Solid and soldered on with a fixed blade (if that would work with a scope?). Integrally machined would be too costly I guess?
I have a Ruger 1 in 450 NE - the Boddington elephant edition. I have written about this rifle elsewhere on this website. Way too light for the chambering (7 1/2 lbs.!). I added a better pad and a mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock - still a hard kicker with factory loads.

I have a Ruger 1 in 450 NE - the Boddington elephant edition. I have written about this rifle elsewhere on this website. Way too light for the chambering (7 1/2 lbs.!). I added a better pad and a mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock - still a hard kicker with factory loads.
It’s a shame that they didn’t make them with a little more heft to them

??

With hammerforging, as they make barrels now, it might be a little impractical; sadly I don't think the No 1 will reappear on Ruger's product line, much to the regret of we (many) enthusiasts :(:(

I agree. I was discussing that very thing yesterday, with a friend of mine. He would like to have one in a classic NE chambering, I recommended 450/400.

One of you rifle gurus help me out with this one when you get the chance. Other than sights, what’s the scoop with this one? Price is good for custom 404 I think?
Shame it doesn't have sights and barrel band sling swivel. Probably mess up the bluing putting them on?

Shame it doesn't have sights and barrel band sling swivel. Probably mess up the bluing putting them on?
Yes, I agree. Why build a 404 without open sights? Otherwise not a bad deal.

One of you rifle gurus help me out with this one when you get the chance. Other than sights, what’s the scoop with this one? Price is good for custom 404 I think?
That rifle is sold.

Hi Rookhawk,
That was not a very nice statement about PHs. Tomorrow Liesl is on her way to pick up her long awaited XXX. I doubt if she will do damage, do you want to reconsider that thought? Now that, that was stated I agree with you. By the way, she has her small jar of Ken Owen high pressure grease to properly grease her new XXX before she assembles. She will send you a picture of the new arrival.

Lon

@Tokoloshe Safaris you and Liesl own the only firearms in serviced condition I’ve seen in all of Zim. The abuse and lack of service of rifles (and vehicles) in the bush is pretty rough as you know. Fifteen trips to Zimbabwe and I think I have to stand by my statements. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrookeBich

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?