Good Gun Deals This Week

The 375 flanged and the 9.3x74 are almost identical ballistics wise. 375 300gr at 2400 and my loads for my 9.3 chapuis are 300gr aframe at 2385. and Factory's are 286gr at 2380.
True. However, the 9.3 is not legal minimum for DG in most countries. I think the 375 flanged meets those requirements or generally gets the nod of approval, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.27 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.28 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.30 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 63

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.39 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.40 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.41 PM.png
    646.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.31.43 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
Or the K for Krish. :unsure::unsure:

CZ-550 416 Rigby for $1,499 at Cabelas Springfield, OR

European stock. Older version with single crossbolt. Nice shape and nice wood. Good entry level 416 Rigby for someone if it feeds well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 6.18.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 6.18.27 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 6.18.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 6.18.28 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 70

I see links like this and it makes me realize a lot of people are confused how bespoke items work.

Fine guns are just like fine art. Bespoke art has two cost basis in it. 1.) The value of the item. 2.) The bespoke first-customer experience.

I see all those guns from obscure-to-known custom makers at extraordinary prices and it sort of parallels the idea that someone hires the world’s finest oil painter to make a family portrait, then decides to sell it to me for full cost.

No, I don’t want to pay the full price you paid for a used portrait of your kids.

And that is why custom, post war, modern era bespoke rifles are not worth what the last guy paid. The last guy paid for the bespoke buying experience but the next guy only gets to own the sum total of the gun’s parts.

I simply found the inventory vast, in a limited segment.
The Value of Breeding's Builds, (I have no Idea). W.J. Jeffery's .500, etc ...

I'm sure I've lost Money on things I may not be able to sell for what I've paid, but I made the purchase because I really Love it.

I simply found the inventory vast, in a limited segment.
The Value of Breeding's Builds, (I have no Idea). W.J. Jeffery's .500, etc ...

I'm sure I've lost Money on things I may not be able to sell for what I've paid, but I made the purchase because I really Love it.

The big difference @Daniel Cary is you're an astute owner/collector and you know what the portion of your purchase was that went into that "new custom" experience versus what was the value of the gun 2nd-owner.

It was pretty interesting that the modern Jeffery (Paul from Rigby made them in 1990s) and the modern Rigby (Paul makes them today) were the two CHEAPEST guns I saw on the list. Arguably, the ones with the least amount of value lost on a secondary sale as well. Go figure.

The big difference @Daniel Cary is you're an astute owner/collector and you know what the portion of your purchase was that went into that "new custom" experience versus what was the value of the gun 2nd-owner.

It was pretty interesting that the modern Jeffery (Paul from Rigby made them in 1990s) and the modern Rigby (Paul makes them today) were the two CHEAPEST guns I saw on the list. Arguably, the ones with the least amount of value lost on a secondary sale as well. Go figure.
Really well said, the asking price on the Jeffery .500
This may be really subjective, (engraving, grading, etc.) or I simply don't know. The cost of these M98's & Big Games though?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...s/rigby-big-game-375-h-h.cfm?gun_id=101975935

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.10 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.11 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.20 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.05.21 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 49

I understand and agree with what you are saying but you may want to look at the link again.

The modern Jeffery was (sold) the most expensive rifle he’s had for sale and there are 5 or so rifles that are either cheaper than or the same price as the Rigby, more if you count the ones he’s sold but hasn’t removed from the site.

I see links like this and it makes me realize a lot of people are confused how bespoke items work.

Fine guns are just like fine art. Bespoke art has two cost basis in it. 1.) The value of the item. 2.) The bespoke first-customer experience.

I see all those guns from obscure-to-known custom makers at extraordinary prices and it sort of parallels the idea that someone hires the world’s finest oil painter to make a family portrait, then decides to sell it to me for full cost.

No, I don’t want to pay the full price you paid for a used portrait of your kids.

And that is why custom, post war, modern era bespoke rifles are not worth what the last guy paid. The last guy paid for the bespoke buying experience but the next guy only gets to own the sum total of the gun’s parts.
I agree with the logic you’ve expressed rookhawk, particularly on a few of the rifles shown on the link. However the brush may be a bit broad :giggle:
I actually am the one who purchased the GMA .404 Jeffery that is marked as sold. There are a number of reasons I chose to purchase this particular rifle. The first being I’ve been planning to buy / have built a .404 for a while, but the stars haven’t quite lined up timing and $ wise, but still top of my wish list. So, already prominently on my radar. My choice of action was to be GMA and Krieger the barrel. This particular rifle has both.
This one also actually matches my desired stock geometry quite nicely for a good personal fit.
Next, the price doesn’t seem unreasonable based upon my previous research as to how much I was going to spend for an almost identical rifle from a custom builder with great reputation. Additionally I did not pay the asking price. I’m pretty sure other purchasers of some of these rifles listed didn’t/won’t pay asking price either.
Next, I don’t have to wait up to 3 years for a custom build. Some of the better custom rifle makers have a significant backlog.
Additionally I am having some things done to this rifle which Matt was willing to do either for free or at a very reasonable rate because I was buying rifle from him.
He is milling the bridges for Smithson QD mounts, furnishing the mounts, mounting my scope I have supplied (Swaro 1.7-10), regulating the open sights for my hand loads (400 gr A-Frame & 400 gr CEB Solid which I have supplied) and providing regulation target, fitting recoil pad, doing any work needed for flawless 100% reliable feeding, extraction and ejection with my handloads, and rebluing the rifle after the machine work. I’m paying very little to have these things done. Of course I am paying for the Smithson mounts.
I feel compelled to also say Matt has a very good reputation and has been stellar to work with on this project. Very accommodating to my wishes and excellent with communication. So far 5 stars. Full disclosure, I haven’t received the rifle yet. Expected delivery is in January, so about 3 months lead time from when I purchased.
Please don’t perceive this as any form of rebuttal, it is not. Simply more info and my rationale for the purchase and possibly why some of the other rifles have sold.

Just as an fyi, I believe some of these rifles were traveling show inventory from some of the top builders in the U.S. and Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesGot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,