Good Gun Deals This Week

Can you share a little more about the “bad era” for a newby. Also also what a fair value for the California hooker might be…asking for a 416-less friend.

Just like cars and comic books, British Arms had a "Golden Era" that commands the most money. The quality and years of experience of the workforce was never higher than between WWI and WWII. Those rifles and guns always command the greatest respect. The silver era would those preceding WWI. And the bronze era would be Post-War to late 1950s. After that, things really turned to crap. Rigby's made on CZ actions and milsurp junkers. Rigby shotguns made in Spain. H&H shotguns made by WC Scott with only their name in engraved, etc., etc.

Can you share a little more about the “bad era” for a newby. Also also what a fair value for the California hooker might be…asking for a 416-less friend.
Sorry I forgot about your comment. Listen to @rookhawk. Personally I would look at something else. There are better options. I think anyone who buys that rifle will be overpaying and the resale would be nearly impossible and if you did you would definitely lose money on it

I have been watching all of these since I am fairly local. I got a feeling this auction has attracted alot of people.
There are a few guns to watch in that auction but probably not the ones most are paying attention to

Rookhawk walked me through selecting a nice English SxS.

He pointed me to a 1927 Hellis& Son sidelock in 12 gauge. He suggested having the seller sending it straight to Fine Firearms restoration, Dan Morgan in Vermont to properly evaluate the gun.

It got a clean bill of health and now Dan is adding a recoil pad to get it to my LOP.

It should be complete any day.

Unfortunately this is the only pic I have.

Thanks for the help Rookhawk.
IMG_6107.jpeg

He pointed me to a 1927 Hellis& Son sidelock in 12 gauge. He suggested having the seller sending it straight to Fine Firearms restoration, Dan Morgan in Vermont to properly evaluate the gun.

It got a clean bill of health and now Dan is adding a recoil pad to get it to my LOP.

View attachment 633864
Congratulations on your purchase @Altitude sickness , looking forward to seeing more detailed pictures of this sxs.

I find shotguns incredibly complicated to avoid pitfalls and dud's when trying to find a good deal on the used market. Still on the lookout for one.

View attachment 633864
Great wood, nice engraving.

Just like cars and comic books, British Arms had a "Golden Era" that commands the most money. The quality and years of experience of the workforce was never higher than between WWI and WWII. Those rifles and guns always command the greatest respect. The silver era would those preceding WWI. And the bronze era would be Post-War to late 1950s. After that, things really turned to crap. Rigby's made on CZ actions and milsurp junkers. Rigby shotguns made in Spain. H&H shotguns made by WC Scott with only their name in engraved, etc., etc.
Thank you for the additional detail! I am here to learn, and this is very helpful. Might be better to build a Rigby “style” custom Mauser with one of the actions I recently acquired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldYoun

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles