Good Gun Deals This Week

@JGRJR

Of the three rifles presented at those prices, I would ONLY consider the Ed Brown rifle at Sportsman's Legacy. The photos show the Ed Brown rifle is in fact controlled round feed.

I don't know about the value of an Ed Brown rifle, but I think this is the better buy of the three. And this from a Pre-64 M70 guy!

Now, these rifles are nice but they are nicer than one needs. A modern M70 Classic CRF .375 H&H can be topped with a very good scope for $2500. Decent CZ 550 Safari Magnums are available for under $2000.

Don't be in a hurry because great rifles at fair prices pop up in AH classifies almost every week!

Got it. I was taking out the optic cost at about 3k new or 2k used. So 3k or 4k for rifle value?
Not sure what the work by pre64win.com does to the rifle value.

Thanks for the feedback. I do not know this stuff. The only big bore I have is a 375HH Ruger N1

Here are two more I am looking at. I am a new member and looking to put together a hunt with my son and I for next year. I am looking at rifles and hunts.

The first is a Pre64 Win that has been reworked by Pre64Win. There is a list of work done in the picture section. With the value of the optic the price seems reasonable?

The last is this Ed Brown. Ed Brown has an excellent reputation in the 1911 area. I not sure what the short lived rifle business was like. I would imagine he built a great rifle. Anyone know what action was used? Fair Price or value?

In my opinion, the fit of the rifle is very important. I prefer to handle them before purchasing.

Like @Mark A Ouellette, I like the Ed Brown. Bansner and co still build the actions. Legendary Arms Works made them for a while. I prefer them to a Winchester 70 CRF. I too am a model 70 fan.

Can’t help with pricing.

Blaser has a big following on here. It’s a straight pull action.

If possible, visit DSC or SCI and get a feel for what is out there.

Thanks for the feedback. I will watch this forum and wait it out.

@JGRJR

Of the three rifles presented at those prices, I would ONLY consider the Ed Brown rifle at Sportsman's Legacy. The photos show the Ed Brown rifle is in fact controlled round feed.

I don't know about the value of an Ed Brown rifle, but I think this is the better buy of the three. And this from a Pre-64 M70 guy!

Now, these rifles are nice but they are nicer than one needs. A modern M70 Classic CRF .375 H&H can be topped with a very good scope for $2500. Decent CZ 550 Safari Magnums are available for under $2000.

Don't be in a hurry because great rifles at fair prices pop up in AH classifies almost every week!
Exactly where my price points land

Attachments

A comment: after so much time of inflation, several folks have noted some lower prices showing and potential flow of ‘deals’ seems to be increasing. Today, Ruger (RGR) saw their stock tank 16% with gross margin dropping from 28% to 20%…an interesting thing if we are seeing consumer demand finally cave. Ok, back to good gun deals.

Can we take a pause to celebrate the fact that this thread has reached 100 pages? :cool:

Indeed, and with many successes along the way! Thanks @rookhawk for starting this thread and giving your precious advise, together with many others that contributed!

One for the Aussies.

Clayton Fireams in Melbourne have Ruger M77 Africans in 416 Ruger for $2,000. Other local dealers may have this pricing as well.

https://usedguns.com.au/gun/586508/

Attachments

Attachments

One for the Aussies.

Clayton Fireams in Melbourne have Ruger M77 Africans in 416 Ruger for $2,000. Other local dealers may have this pricing as well.

https://usedguns.com.au/gun/586508/
Yup; spotted that; THANKS!! A mate did some research with the official importer (Nioa) . It's an older import, a one off. Suspected to be a return from an unsatisfied buyer, but no proof thereof. I trust MY source ...i

This one doesn't pass the smell test. If it looks too good to be true...

The seller with only 2 sales, all from 10 years ago, is local to me and lists a phone number. I sent him a text requesting a phone call.

The seller's location is listed as 15 miles from me... If he will talk to me on the phone, and he seems legit, I will request an inspection of his listings. That is at least three "if's". Not likely this guy is legit. I will let my AH friends know the result of this investigation!

Last edited:

The seller with only 2 sales, all from 10 years ago, is local to me and lists a phone number. I sent him a text requesting a phone call.

The seller's location is listed as 15 miles from me... If he will talk to me on the phone, and he seems legit, I will request an inspection of his listings. That is at least three "if's". Not likely this guy is legit. I will let my AH friends know the result of this investigation!
He has a couple more CZ safaris for sale as well, all at what would now be considered steal prices. Only the 375 and 458 win mag versions go for around those prices, not 404, 416, or 458.

Attachments

Yea not looking good..

The seller's location is listed as 15 miles from me... If he will talk to me on the phone, and he seems legit, I will request an inspection of his listings. That is at least three "if's". Not likely this guy is legit. I will let my AH friends know the result of this investigation.he flwedl

Yea not looking good..
Speaking of looking good: note that most sellers use the same background in the firearm photos. Here, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaun09

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles