Good article about the wildlife trafficking bust in Argentina

Doubleplay

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US

The sponsor on this forum is involved.
What a shame. God knows when we’ll get back our legally hunted trophies.

Reading the article smells like a hit piece. What does the smell coming from the trophy prep/cleaning shed have to do with anything?

What do images of imported trophies mounted in the buildings have to do with illegal
Hunting in Argentina?

“thousands of rounds” of ammunition and 36 firearms”
The criminal mastermind that could
Own 36 firearms. LOL

I’d like to read an article that shares some facts about what’s actually going on.

Especially the cartoon drawings of elephant and bongo. Typical sensationalism for our media. It did say the trophies went out with proper export paperwork.

Especially the cartoon drawings of elephant and bongo. Typical sensationalism for our media. It did say the trophies went out with proper export paperwork.
For a US equivalent, if you bought a license in one state but then killed an animal in a different state it would have proper paperwork as well but is still illegal but can be on paper. I don’t know the details of this other than what I’ve seen previously on AH, but it appears a lot of hunters will have their trophies tied up as a result of this even those with different outfitters. The added scrutiny on hunting industry isn’t a good thing.

That's a strangely written article. Why all the references to African game? One of the headlines was the end of Caza y Safaris. I don't know about the charges but I hate to see the legal trophies of so many clients affected.

That's a strangely written article. Why all the references to African game? One of the headlines was the end of Caza y Safaris. I don't know about the charges but I hate to see the legal trophies of so many clients affected.
It is, but seems to provide at least some further insight into this previous thread. The same outfitter is mentioned as the cause.

From other thread:

Daily Mail

Puma are legal to hunt in Argentina! Obviously the proper permits are needed, but the blanket statement that they are illegal is just wrong.

Mentioning the elephant head is purely inflammatory-same as the beloved puma. It garners emotional response from those who don’t know better. Even when legally taken and preserved they trigger a heartfelt response from Hunter and non hunters alike

I have to wonder if some of the animals taken (puma, Pecccary) were taken in reserves or other closed areas where they should not have been pursued. . . ?

The sponsor on this forum is involved.
What a shame. God knows when we’ll get back our legally hunted trophies.
Good luck. If they have stuff of yours, I hope it works out for you.

Doug

For a US equivalent, if you bought a license in one state but then killed an animal in a different state it would have proper paperwork as well but is still illegal but can be on paper. I don’t know the details of this other than what I’ve seen previously on AH, but it appears a lot of hunters will have their trophies tied up as a result of this even those with different outfitters. The added scrutiny on hunting industry isn’t a good thing.
Right. If you live in California, go to.say Idaho and kill a mountain lion (cougar, puma, etc.) Then take any.part of the cat home, you are committing a crime. Stupid but true.

Well, that's one side of the story..... There's another side, no doubt.

None of us will ever know all of the details.
There's no other side for us when our legally hunted trophies are confiscated and tied up.
The name of the outfit mentioned in the article pops up in all the articles and apparently he's nowhere to be found.
He also burned the people who paid deposits for the future hunts and is not responding to them.
Like I said what a shamed.

You have my sympathies, truly. I'd be pretty upset too. I'm just saying that it's easy to report accusations. Probably some of it is true. Probably some of it isn't. Usually it gets sensationalized by the media. Either way, those who lost trophies or deposits are hosed. Legal recourse for stuff like this overseas is basically impossible.

There are no details here of a crime except for a hint at sloppy export paperwork. Most of the animals hunted in Argentina are introduced not native. I also assume much of this hunting takes place on private land.
This looks like animal rights propaganda. Innocent until proven guilty.
The sad fact is that Argentina has a terrible reputation on shipping of trophies and this won't help.

I would not be too quick to throw Jorge, Federico and associates under the bus. When it comes to politics and Greenies, a lie is as good as the truth if someone believes it.

I was an Argentine resident for quite awhile. Lived and worked there and maintained an office in Buenos Aires for over 10 years as well as resident gun licenses and hunting and fishing licenses/permits. The laws in Argentina are unusual and can be different from Province to Province and year to year and most LE don’t know or understand the laws very well. Kind of like in many parts of the US. :LOL:

I killed a big puma in a Province where it was legal. I was able to get the license because I was a resident. I had to get a special permit to “import” it into Buenos Aires. Fortunately, the game biologist where I checked it was knowledgeable and very helpful so I was able to get the trophy to my office in Buenos Aires. I had all my documents framed and put on the wall beside the mount at the suggestion of my assistant to prevent any accusations of illegal activity. I love Argentina but it can be complicated. Especially when it comes to documentation and red tape.

Safe hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarinaWyan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]