Good article about the wildlife trafficking bust in Argentina

Doubleplay

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US

The sponsor on this forum is involved.
What a shame. God knows when we’ll get back our legally hunted trophies.

Really unfortunate to see. Hopefully this doesn’t cause other ramifications for hunting industry in Argentina.

Reading the article smells like a hit piece. What does the smell coming from the trophy prep/cleaning shed have to do with anything?

What do images of imported trophies mounted in the buildings have to do with illegal
Hunting in Argentina?

“thousands of rounds” of ammunition and 36 firearms”
The criminal mastermind that could
Own 36 firearms. LOL

I’d like to read an article that shares some facts about what’s actually going on.

Especially the cartoon drawings of elephant and bongo. Typical sensationalism for our media. It did say the trophies went out with proper export paperwork.

Especially the cartoon drawings of elephant and bongo. Typical sensationalism for our media. It did say the trophies went out with proper export paperwork.
For a US equivalent, if you bought a license in one state but then killed an animal in a different state it would have proper paperwork as well but is still illegal but can be on paper. I don’t know the details of this other than what I’ve seen previously on AH, but it appears a lot of hunters will have their trophies tied up as a result of this even those with different outfitters. The added scrutiny on hunting industry isn’t a good thing.

That's a strangely written article. Why all the references to African game? One of the headlines was the end of Caza y Safaris. I don't know about the charges but I hate to see the legal trophies of so many clients affected.

That's a strangely written article. Why all the references to African game? One of the headlines was the end of Caza y Safaris. I don't know about the charges but I hate to see the legal trophies of so many clients affected.
It is, but seems to provide at least some further insight into this previous thread. The same outfitter is mentioned as the cause.

From other thread:

Daily Mail

Puma are legal to hunt in Argentina! Obviously the proper permits are needed, but the blanket statement that they are illegal is just wrong.

Mentioning the elephant head is purely inflammatory-same as the beloved puma. It garners emotional response from those who don’t know better. Even when legally taken and preserved they trigger a heartfelt response from Hunter and non hunters alike

I have to wonder if some of the animals taken (puma, Pecccary) were taken in reserves or other closed areas where they should not have been pursued. . . ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichellPie

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]