Going it alone.....

In my opinion, the only mistake would be to overthink it and not end up going at all.

Each trip is unique and comes with its own set of memories. I’ve enjoyed all of my trips and wouldn’t change the company if I had the chance to do it differently. Only once, for one night and with one solo hunter, have I had to share camp with others outside of my hunting party.

My wife and I went with another couple on our first trip. I’ve been with my brother (his first trip). My wife and I went by ourselves for our 20th wedding anniversary. My last trip I went solo.

Best of luck scheduling your trip, and finding a traveling companion if that is the route you so choose.

My first hunt, was going to be my “only” safari. My non hunting wife went with me. She went out in the truck with us the first day. Otherwise she’d stay in camp in the AM and go out with us in the PM. The PH would ask her: “Would Madam like to go for a drive?” She’d take pictures and do game viewing. I did take a couple of animals on the PM drives. Our hut overlooked the sand river and she’d watch the baboons playing and other game. In fact we were looking for a kudu and she showed us the camera and said: “Like this one?” Just by shear luck, I shot that one about a mile away the next day.
My brother is an avid photographer and I had invited him to go with my wife and I, but he declined. I think after he saw my pictures, when I asked him if he want to go to Namibia with me, he jumped on it. He had a great time. He shoots but doesn’t hunt. They asked him if he wanted to take a cull animal and he said he’d try. He took a cow eland. Probably the only animal he’ll ever shoot. He is always asking me when I’m going back.
Other than my brother, I have a nephew and a friend from the range that have expressed some interest in going to Africa that I wouldn’t mind going with. That said, they would still be 1x1 hunts. Meet up when or if we’d want and still share stories around the fire at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOCRabon

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]