Giant Croc Shot at Save

Total scull just over 2 feet.
Nostril to eye in inches=croc lengrh in feet.
Same for the back foot print.
Scull from back of cap to nose is 1/8th of the crocs total lenght.
So between 60 to 65 cm
Sure a lot of jaws...
From the pictures seems loger than that, but anyway I understandt is a lot of bone

7 yards is awfully damn close to a live dinosaur! I'm looking across my living room as I type this. The room is about 28 feet across. I'm imagining that monster laying there 21 feet away. Based on the last photo he's wider than the side of my couch and taller than my coffee table. Yikes! That's what I call hunting. Well done!

A soulless cartridge based on the 404, though…

View attachment 489162
Looking at this picture, I’d guess each guy is around 18” across the way they are sitting. Six of them makes 9’, and I’d say there’s roughly room for four more? Makes 15’ believable. I wouldn’t have believed it from the vertical pictures though.

One thing that amazes me is how the picture of the croc on the ground doesn’t do any justice to how massive the croc actually is width wise.

Some ara here thinking they know it all

Screenshot_20220916-094753_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-094812_Instagram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaaa???? He killed it with one of those new fangled, soulless cartridges? I mean this croc SCREAMED for a traditional cartridge. Guess the croc didn't really know the difference, nor care.View attachment 489139
Soulless cartridge...LOL. Best expression yet.

A pre WW1 smokeless cartridge or BPE would have been more classic. However had I been stand on the riverbank with a FN/FAL in .308 and had the chance...I would have went for it or even with a Ruger All-Weather too....:sneaky:

There are big crocs and there are very big crocs. Most of the latter exist on facebook and grow quite a bit after they die. Perhaps eight years ago our family spent New Year at Masango Lodge, with Steve Edwards. There was a PH and his wife in camp too, an enormous man who spoke very little. As it happens he had cancer and this was a sort of swan song gift from his wife. Anyway Steve told us that this PH was the holder of the Zimbabwe record croc shot by his client in upper Kariba, 18 ft 2 inches if I recall correctly. The chap reluctantly told us the story; it was in the weed really close to them, maybe stalking in and at first they were looking too far. Once seen it was shot and then the drama began of how to retrieve this monster. As luck would have it a houseboat came around the corner with the Springbok rugby team on board and they duly hauled it out.

So where was this shot in the Save? Am I correct in assuming Butch Croaton conducted this hunt?

In my opinion, you and the kid have been acting far too civilized with those delusional ass-wipes.

Is this on face book ? I’ll have to ask one of my grandkids to get me one of those soon. Someone needs to help you put them in their place.

Last edited:
Total scull just over 2 feet.
Nostril to eye in inches=croc lengrh in feet.
Same for the back foot print.
Scull from back of cap to nose is 1/8th of the crocs total lenght.
The nostril to eye measurement has always been the way we have estimated our American alligators, glad to see the same holds true for crocodiles. I plan on hunting one some day.

9D9F5433-6E4C-4A8B-9A50-56969D92413D.jpeg

Makes this guy look so puny by comparison. And no, I won’t make any claims that it’s size is going to be winning any records.

In my opinion, you and the kid have been acting far too civilized with those delusional ass-wipes.

Is this on face book ? I’ll have to ask one of my grandkids to get me one of those soon. Someone needs to help you put them in their place.
Its on Instagram , Field& Stream magazine page. So much snooping it is on the pages and intel gathering its be aware there ,

So where was this shot in the Save? Am I correct in assuming Butch Croaton conducted this hunt?
I knew that was Butch! haven't seen him since the 90's though. I can tell you there are monsters like that on the Kilombero river, Tanzania.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LenoraChap

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg