Gear list for mtn hunts

Elkangle

AH member
Reaction score
Just filling a void that some might enjoy...here's a typical pack for early to mid fall...can add or subtract pending on the hunt/conditions

Don't let the cost column spook ya...I'm not one to sugar coat stuff lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.22.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.22.05 AM.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.22.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.22.06 AM.png
    451.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.22.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.22.08 AM.png
    435 KB · Views: 130
Much more OCD than my method of packing.

Ditto...

As detailed of a list it is, I didn't see arrows (6) or release (2) listed.

Is this for a 5 day hunt (just looking at the food)?

I gave up on multi day pack hunts in AZ because of the amount of water required. I only take a day pack with emergency for overnight, unless I plan a 2 day spike camp. More than that, and I spend more energy messing with water than hunting.

I've been hunting in the mountains for almost 40 years. If I don't include my truck, or the Polaris Ranger, I'd be surprised if I had spent as much as what this list shows as a "typical" mountain hunt. Granted, I no longer backpack hunt, but even when I did, costs were nowhere close to these. $17k+? Seriously? :ROFLMAO:

Is this for a 5 day hunt (just looking at the food)?

I gave up on multi day pack hunts in AZ because of the amount of water required. I only take a day pack with emergency for overnight, unless I plan a 2 day spike camp. More than that, and I spend more energy messing with water than hunting.

Yeah 5 days of food

AZ is a royal pain....need lots of water and lots of glass....in the floridas we packed 15 liters each to the top...pretty easy to burn up 4 liters a day

Basically only plan for 3 days in those conditions

17K, total, you can’t be serious. 8K In optics’s, really!

17K, total, you can’t be serious. 8K In optics’s, really!

Dead serious, these are just tools of the trade my friend...glass is non negotiable..other hunts il lug around a btx 115..feel free to use Google on that price

Not having quality optics will cost a hunter way way more then the initial sticker shock of swaro glass....the cost column is a can of worms for some but it's a harsh reality.... your spending it regardless if your hunting enough I promise

Dead serious, these are just tools of the trade my friend...glass is non negotiable..other hunts il lug around a btx 115..feel free to use Google on that price

Not having quality optics will cost a hunter way way more then the initial sticker shock of swaro glass....the cost column is a can of worms for some but it's a harsh reality.... your spending it regardless if your hunting enough I promise
I wish you luck on your hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowell8499

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg