Furthest, Flattest Shooting Double Rifle Caliber?

I have no experience with the .30r Blaser.
What I do know is that it is almost exclusively seen on Blaser rifles, meaning, your choice of rifle will be limited to quite recent and mostly Blaser rifles.
And you'll find even less double rifles in .30r Blaser.

The 7x65r has been around for a while, from the end of WW1 I believe, so you'll find both modern and vintage rifles, both single-shot and double, over&under and side-by-side. Very basic to very elaborate, from many different styles, Germanic, Austrian, English and even some Belgian, from many different makers.

In other words, for perhaps an edge on performance (though the 7x65r or 7x64 is quite capable of taking the largest of PG with appropriate bullets) you would be greatly limiting your choice of available rifles, both new and used.
Upon quick search Heym(80B), Krieghoff(classic) & Merkel(141) all make SxS Double Rifles in .30R Blaser.

Upon quick search Heym(80B), Krieghoff(classic) & Merkel(141) all make SxS Double Rifles in .30R Blaser.

Most of the Germans are indeed going to be offering it. Just like I'm sure almost all other makers will on special order produce you a side by side double rifle in 30r Blaser.

But if you are neither looking to really buy one, money is no object, you do not care about the maker, then anything goes. Invent a custom rimmed version of the Eargesplitten Loudenboomer's cousin in a 30caliber, and call it the flattest shooting double rifle caliber on earth.

Or be sensible and classy and have a look at a 7x65r.

Just for the sake of it, I looked up flattest shooting cartridges in the world and this turned up the 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum.
Have a rimmed version of that made for you, and then ask any maker to build you one, with enough money anyone will build you one.

The French designed a very few years ago this great cartridge which is rimmed and rimless. The Rimmed one is based on the .450 3.25 inch case full lenght, necked in and given a different shoulder. This coupled with a strong mechanishm. gives the double rifle a round similar to the .378 Weatherby in energy and that is just wow .

The double rifle is now a rifle for little bit longer ranges and not just close up as it has been earlier . For the big ggame hunter in close areas, one can get more energy needed in a brink of an second adrenaline filled moment also. Precision is good, and Swift Aframe bullets is some of the best for it .

No idea on its status is now btw .

I don't know where the notion of me looking to buy started from in this thread... I responded to a question about budget based on not wanting that particular variable to be apart of the factors involved, nothing about buying.
You do not care about the maker, then anything goes. Invent a custom rimmed 30caliber, and call it the flattest shooting double rifle caliber on earth.
Just for the sake of it, I looked up flattest shooting cartridges in the world and this turned up the 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum.
Have a rimmed version of that made for you, and then ask any maker to build you one, with enough money anyone will build you one.
What? Why? Where's "all this" coming from? I just wanted peoples opinions on what they felt was the typically longest ranged double rifle caliber used or they themself use at longer ranges than the typical <100yrds.

No Weatherby is a double rifle (in my limited experience & opinion).

Vertigo, since we are apparently in “wish world” or fantasy land. Not really looking for a real rifle.

How about a SxS in 375 CheyTac, 408 CheyTac, or 416 Barrett the kings of flat shooting calibers.

The French designed a very few years ago this great cartridge which is rimmed and rimless. The Rimmed one is based on the .450 3.25 inch case full lenght, necked in and given a different shoulder. This coupled with a strong mechanishm. gives the double rifle a round similar to the .378 Weatherby in energy and that is just wow .

The double rifle is now a rifle for little bit longer ranges and not just close up as it has been earlier . For the big ggame hunter in close areas, one can get more energy needed in a brink of an second adrenaline filled moment also. Precision is good, and Swift Aframe bullets is some of the best for it .

No idea on its status is now btw .

I found this when I googled "French .378 Weatherby"

Claude Bouchet

Vertigo, since we are apparently in “wish world” or fantasy land. Not really looking for a real rifle.

How about a SxS in 375 CheyTac, 408 CheyTac, or 416 Barrett the kings of flat shooting calibers.
I've mentioned previously that I'm focusing on Rimmed cases, that exist & that it needs to be in the .300 caliber class.

exactly, that was my point (a bit too sarcastic) in my previous two posts. If it does not need to be purchaseable and it can be anything, purely fantasy land, and no budget, there is no such thing as an answer to this question.

The sensible answers seem to have converged around .30r blaser and 7x65r.

@Kharn , as I have written to another member, my apologies for my too sarcastic reaction. That was uncalled for. While being annoyed that you would not listen to the answers provided, I tried to be witty, but came over as obnoxious. I'm sorry for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
king33red

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available