Furthest, Flattest Shooting Double Rifle Caliber?

Kharn

AH senior member
Reaction score
As per the title and all your experiences... What is the Furthest, Flattest Shooting Double Rifle Caliber?

That’s a bit like asking which Ferrari can tow the biggest trailer…….

But, probably the .375. The rest of them are designed for work inside of 100 yards.
That was the first thing that came to my mind or the 9.3x74R

My Gaucher 9.3 x 74R is most accurate at 100m..and probably more..did not try it out further yet..

My Heym in 7x65R and I may be posting it for sale soon
IMG_4297.jpeg

I suppose my Heym in 7x65r is the most precise, flattest shooting double rifle I own.

However I have a feeling that the OP would like to know what double rifle caliber, for use on DG, would be the flattest shooting. Apart from the 375H&H and its flanged cousin, I suppose that the .500/416, duplicating the .416 Rigby should be quite flat shooting. As well as the 450/400.

My 280 rimless nitro express double was the 7mm Rem Mag of its day - I don’t think that is what you mean though.

Also depends on the rifle and quality of regulation. My Blaser S2 with either .375 or 30-06 barrels in place has easily killed game from 25 yards to 250.

Using a bullet designed for longer ranges is more important than the cartridge.

For DG calibers and standard builds (not a one off custom), it would have to be the 500/416. Nothing else is regulated for that Rigby velocity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlenCorrie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available