For Sale Winchester 70 Pre 64 300 WBY

Zoom in on the white on the paper it looks like 2 tones of white. One of which looks to erase a date

Way too many flags on this one even without the problems with the new picture with the date on it.

It would be quite interesting to see just where his IP pings at if not in the Denver area.

Way too many flags on this one even without the problems with the new picture with the date on it.

It would be quite interesting to see just where his IP pings at if not in the Denver area.
Yeah, a VPN (virtual private network) can set their location anywhere they want
IMG_2192.jpeg

Yeah, a VPN (virtual private network) can set their location anywhere they want
View attachment 625534

Dealing with scammers on other sites, I haven't seen one go to the trouble to change their IP since the only ones that have access to that information are moderators. Most people take the post at face value and either peruse it further or don't even bother.

But as has been mentioned on this thread, there are way too many flags such as, no meaningful post made by the seller, claiming to hunt in a country that hasn't had hunting since 1977, claiming to of hunted elk and bears in Africa. Then the big one for me, the barrel stamp showing a 300 H&H cambering and not a 300 Weatherby. I don't know of a gunsmith who would skip that part of the conversions even if all he had to do was to run a chamber reamer into the chamber and check the headspace when he was finished.

And then there is that he hasn't contacted either me or another member who offered to verify the rifle in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smilelounge

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!