For Sale Updated & Expanded List Of Hunting & Gun Books From Personal Library

Douglas Johnson

AH member
Reaction score
I am continuing to liquidate my personal library of books related to firearms and hunting. In response to my earlier posting, many books were sold, so I am now posting a cleaned-up list, which also includes a fair number of items not previously listed.

While I am listing fixed prices as the rules require, I will respectfully consider ALL offers. I am never offended by an offer--the worst that can happen is that I will decline or perhaps make a counter-offer. My gmail address is my full name, Douglas Dean Johnson, with dots between the names.

Bona fides: I am pretty new here but a longtime active participant on the smith-wessonforum-dot-com, and you can check out my past feedback using the "search this forum" tool in the "Classified > Feedback" subforum (search feedback by user name-- ddeanjohnson). (I co-authored the chapter on Single Shot Pistols in The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson (Fourth Edition).) My books are also listed on that forum.

Prices include shipping via USPS Media Mail rate, which includes a free tracking number. Please add a $4 shipping surcharge if you order only a single book, but I will pay shipping on all multiple-book orders. I will add insurance only if the buyer requests it (I do not recommend it), and pays the insurance fee. Sorry, no international shipping. I will mail within 3 days after check clears.

Acceptable payment methods are personal check, USPS money order, or Zelle. Again: Please add a $4 shipping surcharge if you order only a single book, but I will pay shipping on all multiple-book orders.

I will provide photos on request, as time allows and within reason.

H-1: Twenty-Two Caliber Varmint Rifles. Charles S. Landis. This is the original 1948 Small-Arms Technical publication, not one of the many later reprints. No dust jacket. A well-read but completely intact, decent copy of this classic. $60.

H-2: Woodchucks and Woodchuck Rifles. Charles S. Landris. This is the original 1951 edition. No dust jacket. The front cover board is a little bit loose, but all the pages are intact. A classic technical work on varmint cartridges and loads of the era. $25.

H-4: The Ultimate Guide to Handgun Hunting: Tips and Tactics for Hunting Small and Big Game. Clair Rees. 2003. Case laminate hard cover, as new. $25.

H-7: How to Select and Use Your Big Game Rifle. Henry B. Stebbins. First Edition, 1952. Good copy, no dust jacket. $15

H-8: Rifle in Hand. Jim Posewitz. 2004. Hardcover, with dust jacket, as new, autographed by author. $25.

H-15: Keith's Rifles for Big Game. Elmer Keith. Palladium Press, 2001 Firearms Classic Library edition of the 1946 classic. Gold-embossed boards, gilt page edges. As new. $40.

H-16: Big Game Rifles and Cartridges. Elmer Keith. Original 1936 publication by Small-Arms Technical. A well-worn but completely intact copy of this classic. 7.5x4.5-inch format. Some of the lettering has been worn off the cover by handling. $25.

H-17: Keith: An Autobiography. Elmer Keith. 1973. Book is good to very good. Dust jacket has some sun-tanning on spine, tattered corners. $55.

H-18: Twenty Great Trophy Hunts: Personal Accounts of Hunting North America's Big Game Animals. Edited by John O. Cartier. Fair copy-- no dust jacket, some soiling of boards and discoloration of page edges. Completely intact and readable. $7.

H-19: Where to Hunt American Game. This is a hardcover guide published by United States Cartridge Company in Lowell, Massachusetts, in 1898. It is divided into chapters by state. They did a nice job -- scores of illustration plates of game animals. Gold-embossed bear on the cover. Gilt page edges. No dust jacket. This book is in remarkably good condition for its age-- some age spots here and there, but no musty smell. Well read but intact. $25.

H-22: The Best of Field & Stream: 100 Years of Great Writing. Edited by J.I. Merritt. 1995. Hardcover with dust jacket and mylar cover; the book looks new except that there is a library number taped to the spine of the dust jacket and another library sticker taped to the back of the dust jacket. $15.

H-24: Summer's Song & Other Essays. Don L. Johnson. 2005. Essays on the Wisconsin outdoors by noted outdoor writer Don L. Johnson (1927-2006). Trade paperback, 299 pages. As new (multipled copies): $22.

H-25: Grouse & Woodcock: A Gunner's Guide. Don L. Johnson. 1995. A guide to grouse hunting, dogs, etc. Trade paperback, 220 pages. As new (multiple copies): $23.

H-26: Advanced Hunting on Deer and Elk Trails. Francis E. Sell. This is the original 1954 Stackpole hardcover edition of a classic (NOT a reprint), in good condition, but no dust cover. $25.

H-27: Legendary Deer Camps. Robert Wegner. 2001. Hardcover, with dust jacket (a few small defects in dust jacket). $18.

G-1: The Golden Age of the American Schuetzenfest. A History and Study of the Marksman's Art. Randolph Schreiter Wright. 2018, 2019. From the 1890s until the U.S. entry into World War I, the target shooting game known as Schuetzen was in its Golden Age. Rifle shooting contests were held at Schuetzen parks across the U.S. in cities large and small. This is the best history on all aspects of this sport, including the firearms and ammunition. A very handsome volume, like new with dust jacket. Profusely illustrated. $55.

G-2: Schuetzen Rifles: History and Loadings. Gerald O. Kelver. 1972. Softcover. Signed by author. $15.

G-3: German Handguns: The Complete Book of the Pistols and Revolvers of Germany, 1869 to the Present. Ian V. Hogg. 2001. As new except minor rubbings on the very good dust jacket. $35.

G-4: The Mauser Self-Loading Pistol. James N. Belford and Jack Dunlap. First Edition, 1969. VG with dust jacket (some tanning and tattering on outside edge of dust jacket). $40.

G-5: Walther Pistols and Rifles. W.H.B. Smith. Revised and Enlarged Second Edition, 1962. $25.

G-6: Waffen-Lexikon. Walter Lampel, Richard Mahrholdt. 1971 edition. A sort of dictionary or handbook to sporting firearms , nearly 700 pages. There is a 1.5-inch split in the spine and some mild soiling of page edges, but the book is intact and full of interesting illustrations. German language. $65.

G-7: Waffen-Lexikon. Richard Mahrholdt. 1957 edition. A dictionary or handbook to sporting firearms, with many line drawings. About 500 pages. German language. Spine is faded, some mild discoloration of page edges, but a good intact volume. $60.

G-8: Waffen-Lexikon. Richard Mahrholdt. 1937 edition (Nazi era). A dictionary or handbook to sporting firearms and hunting, with many fascinating illustrations. German language. The spine fabric is cracked and the page edges are discolored with age, but it is still a good, intact, and fascinating volume, although all in German. $125.

G-9: Luger Tips: Revised Edition. Michael Reese II. Revised 1992, reprinted 2001. Softcover. $20.

G-10: PreuBen Geschichte eines Mythos. ("Prussia: The Story of A Myth.") Julius H.Schoeps. "Well-known historians vividly describe the formative aspects of Prussian history between 1134 and 1947: starting from the state-dynastic traditions of the late Middle Ages, to which Prussia remained strongly committed despite the reforms of the 18th and 19th centuries, through the era of Frederick the Great from the reforms, the Empire and the Weimar Republic to the end of Prussia, the history of the state is presented as a comprehensive social, economic and cultural process." German language. 2000. VG with dust jacket. $25.

G-11: Moderne Waffen, Munition, Jagdarktikel. This is an ORIGINAL 1913 catalog of the German firm August Stukenbrok- Einbeck. It has an oversize format (10x13 inches). 200 pages, covering long guns, hand guns, ammunition, hunting supplies, etc. It includes many hundreds of detailed line drawings or woodcuts of firearms, cartridges, and all manner of gear. All text is German, of course. It is amazing to browse through it. This catalog has been reprinted in Europe, but my catalog does not at all appear to be a reprint; some years ago I took it to an experienced appraiser who agreed that it is original. The paper is of high quality-- it has discolored somewhat along the edges due to age, but is overall excellent-- no brittleness at all. $125.

G-12: Geco sporting goods catalog No. 65 (1937) (reprint). This is a Cornell Publications reproduction of a 1937 Geco catalog. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. 435 pages of guns, ammunition, and sporting equipment. German language. "Perfect bound." $20.

G-13: Adolf Frank Export company 1911 gun catalog (reprint). This is a Cornell Publications reproduction of a 480-page catalog of guns and other sporting goods from 1911. Each page has parallel text in German, English, Spanish, and French. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. As new. $23.

G-14: German Hunting Guns of the Golden Era 1840-1940. Hans E. Pfingsten. Safari Press, 2015. As new with dust jacket. Beautiful color photos, plus diagrams, proof mark information, etc. $50.

G-15: Czech Firearms and Ammunition: History and Present. Dolinek, Karlieky, Vacha. 1995. Many color photos. A few creases in the dust jacket. $150.

M-3: Automatic Arms: Their History, Development and Use. Melvin M. Johnson Jr. and Charles T. Haven. 1941. A good intact copy with no dust jacket. Some yellowing due to age. Ownership stamp, "Jim Crossman, Firearms Editor, Sports Afield, Minneapolis, Minn." $45

M-4: U.S. Military Arms Inspector Marks. Anthony C. Daum and Charles W. Pate. 2016. Color case laminate cover. 240 pages. Like new. $45.

M-6: United States Martial Pistols and Revolvers. Arcadi Gluckman. Third printing, 1956. Some shelf wear and mild discoloration, but a good solid copy. $20.

M-7: United States Martial Pistols and Revolvers. Arcadi Gluckman. Bonanza reprint of 1956 edition. Good copy with taped repair on dust jacket. $22.

M-8: U.S. Martial and Semi-Martial Single-Shot Pistols. Charles Edward Chapel. First Edition, 1962. VG with VG dust jacket. Minor edge soiling. Minor tattering of just jacket edges. $35

M-9: Identifying Old U.S. Muskets, Rifles & Carbines. Arcadi Gluckman. Bonana Books reprint of Stackpole Company edition, 1959, 1965. VG with no dust jacket. $15.

M-10: Notes on U.S. Ordnance, Vol. 1, Small Arms, 1776 to 1946, by Major James E. Hicks. 1946. No dust jacket. $35.

M-11: The Confederate LeMat Revolver, by Doug Adams. 2005. No dust jacket, very minor rubbings. Signed by Doug Adams, numbered #22 of 150. This hardcover edition is rare. $125.

M-12: Small Arms and Ammunition in the United States Service. Berkeley R. Lewis. Smithsonian Institution, 1956. $50.

M-12X: U.S. SharpShooters: Berdan's Civil War Elite. Roy Marcot. 2007. As new with dust jacket. $35.

M-13: Catalog of United States Martial Short Arms. Otto Ulbrich Co., 1939; Second Printing, 1945. Paperback, spiral-bound (repair to the plastic spiral binding). $7.

M-14: Description and Rules for the Management of the United States Rifle Caliber .30, Model of 1903. Government Printing Office, 1917. Not a reprint -- original hardcover GPO publication, Revised edition of January 22, 1917. Fair to poor condition-- binding is broken (but pages intact). Back cover board has water stains. Two fold-out diagrams. $8.

M-15: A Treatise on the Rifle, Musket, Pistol, and Fowling-Piece. N. Bosworth. This is an undated hardcover republication by Standard Publications of Huntington, West Virginia, of the 1846 work by Bosworth. Good condition. $12.

M-18: The World's Great Small Arms. Craig Philip. 1993. 12x9.5-inch. 176 pages. Hardcover with dust jacket. $9.

M-19. British Artillery Ammunition 1780. Adrian B. Caruana. 1979. Rare volume. Paperback, 8x11-inch. "A compilation of text and illustrations detailing all the forms of ammunition available during the 18th century. Included are case, grape, shells, fuses, carcasses, smoke and light balls, cartridges, quickmatch, portfires and tubes. 52 pp., 50 illustrations, numerous charts." $100.

MI-1: The Rifle. This is a two-volume set that contains full-size (13x10-inch) reproductions of all issues of A.C. Gould's publication THE RIFLE for 1885-1888. These two volumes were published in 1990 by Barefoot Publishing Company and Tom Rowe Books. These papers included advertisements with line drawings or wood cuts of the Smith & Wesson and other handguns of the day. The editors included an introduction about Gould, the publication, and the U.S. shooting sports culture of the era. (In 1888 THE RIFLE evolved into SHOOTING AND FISHING, which in 1907 became Arms and the Man, which evolved into THE AMERICAN RIFLEMAN in 1923. The editors also included an index. This set is as-new. $325.

MI-2: The Custom Revolver. Hamilton S. Bowen. First Edition, 2001. This is a scare out-of-print work, with beautiful color plates of many of Bowen's wonderful customized revolvers, plus detailed information on all of the technical aspects. 303 pages. Both book and dust jacket are pretty close to as-new-- the dust jacket has some minor rubbings, and a crease on the inside flap (not visible). $400.

MI-3: Modern Sporting Gunnery: A Manual of Practical Information for Shooters of Today. Henry Sharp. This is an original 1906 edition, very rare. Overall condition is good. Some letters worn off the spine. Some foxing and tanning, some strains on edges of pages, but all is solid and intact, and the text is clean and readable. I have only seen one other copy ever listed in this good a condition and it was priced at $250. My price: $100.

MI-4: Olympic Shooting. Jim Crossman. 1978. VG condition, dust jacket has some tattering on the edges. $30.

MI-5: A History of Marksmanship. Charles Chenevix Trench. Exeter edition, 1980 (reissue of 1972 publication). VG with dust jacket, mylar cover. $13.

MI-7: Rifleman and Pistolman. L.B. Escritt. 1955 original edition, with dust jacket. Overall good, but here are some small pieces missing from the dust jacket. $20.

MI-8: Sharpshooting for Sport & War. W.W. Greener. This is the original 1900 book published by Truslove, Hanson & Comba, not any of the many reprints of this classic. I doubt you will find another original first edition. The spine is so broken-in that the book will lay open on the desk, but all of the pages are tight.There is darkening of paper due to age. In all, a very decent vintage original of a classic. $50.

MI-9: The Ultimate in Rifle Precision: Covering Bench Rest, Target, Varmint and Hunting Rifles, Their Ammunition and Their Use. Townsend Whelen. The Stackpole Company, 1958. A solid copy in BG condition, no dust jacket. $45.

MI-10: Shooting. F.H. FitzGerald ("firearms expert, lecturer, and instructor in target and defense shooting"). 1930. VG, no dust jacket. 421 pages. $150.

MI-12: Experiments of a Handgunner. Walter F. Roper. 1989 reprint by Wolfe Publishing Company. VG, no dust jacket. $45.

MI-13: On Damascus Steel, by Leo S. Figiel, M.D. First edition, 1991. Mint, in dust jacket. Many color and black-and-white photos of Damascus steel swords. $25.

MI-14: Air-Guns and Air-Pistols. L. Wesley. "New and Enlarged Edition." Sixth edition, fourth impression, July 1978. Book very good condition; dust jacket also very good, except some sun-fading of the outward-facing spine edge. $40.

MI-15: The Single Shot Exchange Classic Compendium. "A collection of monthly columns and feature stories from The Single Shot Exchange June 1991 through December 1993." Published 1996. Soft cover, 347 pages. $20.

MI-17: The Story of Pope's Barrels. Ray M. Smith. Revised edition, 1993. VG, no dust jacket. $33.

MI-18: GUN TESTS magazine: I have about 350 issues, nearly all issues from 1992 through 2022, in excellent condition. Thirty years of detailed technical reviews of arms, ammunition, and accessories. "The consumer resource for the serious shooter." The regular subscription price is over $4 per issue. This collection being sold only as a batch for $435 shipped by Media Mail (or $375 for local pickup in Maryland).

MI-19: GUN DIGEST, over 60 annual issues, beginning with the very first (1944), and as late as 2015. (A few years are missing.) Conditions range from very good to mint (none musty or water damaged). Abundant material of interest for shooters of all stripes, and many invaluable reference articles for collectors. Sold only as a batch, $500, and only for local pickup in Maryland. If there is some individual year's edition that you simply must have, send me a message.

MI-20: Gun Digest Book of Revolvers: Assembly/Disassembly. J.B. Wood. 2011 updated edition. "Step-by-step photos for 60 models & 130 variants." Paperback, 8x11-inch, 574 pages. Seems as new except for a couple small creases in cover. $40.

MI-21: Gun Digest Buyer's Guide to Guns. Derrick Sigler. 2008. Paperback. 8x11-inch, 518 pages. $8.

MI-22: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of 19th Century Firearms. 1979. 12x9-inch, 216 pages. Numerous color photos and color illustrations of 19th century firearms, including a four-panel fold out. Hard cover, good condition, without dust jacket. $28.

MI-23: Pistols: A Modern Encyclopedia. Henry M. Stebbins. 1961. 9x11.5-inch, 380 pages. Hardcover. Good condition but edges of dust jacket have some tattering, and mild soiling to dust jacket. $25.

MI-24: The Greatest Guns of Gun Digest. Dan Shideler. 2010. Softcover, 222 pages. Mild rubbing on the cover, otherwise as new. $15.

MI-25: The Handgun Story: A Complete Illustrated History. John Walter. 2008. 244 pages. Hardcover with dusty jacket. Excellent condition. $25.

MI-26: Steel Canvas: The Art of American Arms. R.L. Wilson. Random House, 1995. 11x9-inch format. Hardcover, 384 pages. Many hundreds of color photos of engraved firearms of all kinds. Very good condition (previous owner's name plate on the inner cover).$30.

MI-27: The Gun Digest Book of Semi-Auto Pistols. Edited by Dan Shideler. 2005. Softcover. $8.

MI-28: Pistols of the World: Revised Edition. Ian Hogg and John Weeks. 1982. Softcover, 306 pages. Mild age discoloration of paper. $8.

MI-29: Guns and Shooting: 153 Questions and Answers for the Sportsman and Collector. Major Sir Gerald Burrard. First American Edition, 1962. 5x8-inch, 147 pages. Hardcover with dust jacket. Some tattering and soiling of edges of the dust jacket. $30.

MI-30: The Modern Rifle. Jim Carmichel. 1975. Hardcover, good condition, no dust jacket. $7.

SW-1: Smith & Wesson Revolvers: The Pioneer Single Action Models. John E. Parsons. 1957. Book in very good condition (a few small spots on page edges). Dust jacket is good-- some small tears, tatters, and scuffs. $55.

SW-4: The K-Frame Revolver. Timothy J. Mullin. Collector Grade Publications, 2015. Volume II in the S&W Phenomenon series. 2013. Like new, with dust jacket. $250.

SW-6: Artistry in Arms. Roy G. Jinks. This hardcover book is based on the Smith & Wesson International Museum Tour 1991-1995. Signed by Roy Jinks. Excellent condition; there is a strip about one-quarter inch wide of slightly faded in along the bottom edge of the dust jacket. I don't know if this is a small printers' error or sun-bleaching; it is hardly noticeable. $75.

SW-10: Smith & Wesson "85th Anniversary" (1938) catalog, high-quality reproduction. 4.5x6-inch format, 50 pages plus covers. Pretty much perfect except that a previous owner wrote a phone number on the back cover. The interior is black-and-white, good paper and sharp images. $50

SW-13: Smith & Wesson circa 1882 revolvers brochure -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5-inch format. Color cover, 12 black-and-white pages. $12.

SW-14: Smith & Wesson 1887 catalog -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5 inches. $15.

SW-15: Smith & Wesson 1900 catalog -- high-quality reproduction by Jayco (1962). 9.5x6.75-inch format, heavy stock paper. $45.

SW-16: Smith & Wesson 1901 catalog -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 8.5x5.5-inch format, black and white. The original catalog had 72 pages, but this reproduction is missing pp. 35-38, because the original used by Cornell was missing the same pages. $6.

SW-18: Smith & Wesson "The Revolver" brochure (circa 1905). Cornell Publications reproduction. 8.5x7.5-inch format. $8.

SW-20: Smith & Wesson Revolvers 1941 catalog-- reproductive by Cornell Publications. 5.25x8.5-inch format. Color cover, black and white interior. $10.

SW-21: Smith & Wesson 1952 "Centennial Catalog" -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 8.5x11-inch. Color cover, 62 pages. $14.

SW-22: Smith & Wesson 1961 catalog -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5 inches. $12.

SW-24: Smith & Wesson: The Story of the Revolver. Martin Rywell, Carl R. Hellstrom. First Edition, 1953. 136 pages. Softcover. Good condition. The upper-left corner of the spine was torn and repaired with a little tape. $30.

SW-27: Smith & Wesson Hand Guns. Roy C. McHenry and Walter F. Roper. January 1994 reprint by Wolfe Publishing Company of 1945 edition. Nice, gold-embossed hardcover. There is no dust cover and I don't know that it ever had one. Condition seems as new. $52.

SW-28: "S.&W. 100 Years of Gunmaking! (1852-1952). Carl R. Hellstrom. 1952. Paperback, 36 pages. Very good condition. $25.

CO-2: Variations of Colt's New Model Police and Pocket Breech Loading Pistols. John D. Breslin, William Q. Pirie, and David E. Price. 2002. No dust jacket. Basically as new, very minor rubbings. $30.

CO-3: American Beauty: The Prewar National Match Government Model Pistol. Timothy J. Mullin. First Edition, 1999, by Collector Grade Publications. Hardcover, 59 pages, 11x9-inch format. The book is in fine condition with a fine dust jacket. There are a few very minor dents in the dust jacket, visible close up if the light is oblique, and very minor tanning on some page edges. Profusely illustrated, including full-page color photos of Colt National Match Government Model pistols with custom engraving, ivory grips, etc. $235.

CO-4: Standard Catalog of Colt Firearms. Rick Sapp. 2007. "450 full-color photos." Color cover; published without dust jacket. $30.

CO-5: The Peacemaker and its Rivals: An Account of the Single Action Colt. John E. Parsons. 1950 edition, sixth printing 1965. Very good condition-- dust jacket has torn corner. $30.

CO-8: Colt Firearms from 1836. James E. Severen. 1954. Excellent condition, with dust jacket and mylar wrapping. $40.

CO-9: Colt Handbook. ORIGINAL, NOT A REPRINT. 4x6-inch format. A tutorial on target shooting and defense shooting. 44 pages. VG condition. $35.

R-1: Remington .22 Rimfire Rifles. John Gyde & Roy Marcot. 2007. Some light marks on dust jacket, otherwise as new. Long out-of-print collector's item. Publisher's description: "After a sixteen year study, noted .22 collector John Gyde and Remington Historian Roy Marcot have completed their long-awaited book. Published in April 2007, this hard cover, full-color, 388 page book features over 1,000 full color photographs and illustrations. Every model Remington .22 rifle is described in detail, from the earliest in 1866 to the latest rifles introduced in 2006. A special section covers Remington .22 prototype rifles-- unique systems that never made it past R & D." New copies sell for $975 on Amazon. My price: $750.

R-2: Remington Firearms: The Golden Age of Collecting. Robert W.D. Ball. 1995. With dust jacket and as new; autographed to original owner. $25.

R-3: Remington Handguns. Charles Lee Karr, Jr. and Caroll Robbins Karr. Fourth Edition, 1960. Good condition with fair dust jacket. $15.

R-4: The History of Remington Firearms. Roy Marcot. 2005. Color library binding, excellent condition; with fair dust jacket. $35.

R-5: U.S. Single Action Cartridge Handgun Holsters 1870-1910. William G. Phillips & John P. Vervloet. 1987. Paperback. $16.

R-6: Remington Rolling Block Pistols. Jerry Landskron. Rolling Block Press, First Edition (non-numbered), June 1981. 296 pages. Hardcover, gold-embrossed cover design. Excellent condition. 11x9-inch format. $150.

R-7: Remington Rolling Block Pistols. Jerry Landskron. Rolling Block Press, First Edition (Deluxe Edition, book plate hand numbered #431 of 500 and autographied by author), June 1981. 296 pages. Hardcover, gold-embrossed cover design. Excellent condition. 11x9-inch format. $175.

R-8: Remington's First Revolvers: The Remington Beals .31 Caliber Revolvers. Charles F. Schif. 2007. Inscribed by the author to the original owner, otherwise mint with mint just jacket. $30.

R-9: Standard Catalog of Remington Firearms. Dan Shideler. 2008. "700+ color photos." Library binding. As new. $55.

R-10: Remington Arms & History. Bill West. First edition, 1970. Good condition. $35.

R-11: Remington Arms Catalogs 1877-1899. Bill West. Paperback, 1970. As new. Out of print and very difficult to find on used book market. $75.

R-12: Remington Rolling Block Firearms. Konrad F. Schreider, Jr. 1977. Soft cover. Excellent condition. $35.

R-13: Remington Rolling Block Firearms. Konrad F. Schreider, Jr. 1977. Soft cover. Very good but on corner of cover is creased. $25.

R-14: Remington Rolling Block Rifles, Carbines & Shotguns Sporting and Target Rifles. Roy Marcot. First Edition, 2009. With dust jacket. From publisher's material: "Roy Marcot's long-awaited book on one of America s most famous hunting and sporting rifles...This new 330-page hardbound book is printed in full color. Individual chapters describe in detail the Remington No.1, No.1 1/2, No.2, No.4, No.5 and No.7 rolling block firearms. The No.1 expanded section includes full chapters on the development of the rolling block system, early sporting rifles, engraved and embellished rifles, Creedmoor Long Range rifles, Mid-Range and Short Range rifles, Schuetzen rifles, Bench Rest rifles, and Buffalo rifles. Every model is described in great detail, with over 250 comprehensive color photographs of all important aspects of each rifle. Besides the quality of the text and photography, what sets this book apart is the 12 x 10 inch layout of text and photographs in a series of flowing matrixes designed by well-known graphic artist, Ron Paxton." Very good condition with VG dust jacket. This book lists on Amazon used for over $1,000. $700.

R-15: Union Metallic Cartridge Company [and] UMC [and] Remington Arms.: combination 1910 catalog. 5.5x8.5-inch. 192 pages. This is an ORIGINAL catalog -- NOT A REPRINT. There are some abraded areas on the cover, as clearly visible in a photo. But the rest of the catalog is clean, dry, and bright. Many, many fine-lined drawings of guns (including cross-sections) and cartridges, along with much technical data. $50.

W-1: Winchester Repeating Arms Company. Herbert G. Houze. 1993. New. $50.

W-5: Winchester Sales Manual 1938. This is a high-quality authorized reprint, in 1970, of the 1938 catalog, in very good condition. A few photos, many high-quality line drawings and ultra-detailed cross-sectional diagrams. $30

W-7. The Winchester Handbook. First Edition, 1981. George Madis. Autographed. Very good condition, except a bit of pencil underlining on 4 pages I've noticed. $75

W-10: Winchester: The Gun That Won the West. Harold F. Williamson. 1952; third printing, 1963. Good condition-- a little yellowing with age, some tattering and sun-tanning of dust jacket. $25.

W-12: Armax: The Journal of the Cody Firearms Museum. Volume 5, 1995. Softcover, 214 pages. As new. This issue includes "Women in Firearms Advertising, 1900-1920," "A Survey of the Winchester Model 1894 Records SN 1-353,999," and "The Use of the Percussion Shotgun in Texas Prior to and During the American Civil War," among other articles. $20.

O-1: The Gun That Made the Twenties Roar: General John T. Thompson and the Thompson Submachine Gun. William J. Helmer. 1969. VG copy with dust jacket with mylar cover. $29.

O-2: Browning Arms & History. Bill West. First Edition, 1972. Mint except for "to daddy" inscription on frontspiece. $50.

O-3: Standard Catalog of Browning Firearms. Joseph M. Cornell. 2008. "375 color photos." $35.

O-4: The Breech-Loading Single-Shot Match Rifle. Ned Roberts and Ken Waters. 1967. Excellent condition, some sun-tanning of dust jacket. $35.

O-5: American British & Continental Pepperbox Firearms. Jack Dunlap. H.J. Dunlap, 1964. Format is 11.5 by 8.75 inches, 279 pages. The book is in excellent condition. The dust jacket is generally in good condition, but some tears in the top and bottom edges of the spine of the dust jacket were repaired with tape on the hidden side. Profusely illustrated with photos and reproductions of old diagrams. $45.

O-6: Competitive Shooting: Techniques and Training for Rifle, Pistol, and Running Game Target Shooting. A.A. Yur'Yev. NRA translation edition, 1985. 399 pages. Excellent conditon with very good dust jacket. $50.

O-7: H&R Arms Co. 1871-1986: A Historical Reference for the Modern Collector. W.E. "Bill" Goforth. 2017. The definitive reference. 627 pages. Like new with dust jacket. $120

O-8: Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Firearms 1871-1993. W.E. "Bill" Goforth. Final edition, 2006. Paperback. 224 pages. Hundreds of photos. Model variations, specifications, serial number ranges, dates of manufacture, etc. As new. $75.

O-9: Marlin and Ballard Firearms and History. Bill West. First Edition, 1968. "A complete, illustrated, detailed description of each type, of each model, of Marlin & Ballard rifles, carbines, shotguns, single shots, muskets, and pistols." $100.

O-10: Antique Pistol Book. James A. Smith and Elmer Swanson. 1948. Good to very good condition, without dust jacket. Some wear on tips, sun tanning. Marked as "#253" of this edition. $30.

O-11: Spencer Repeating Rifles. Roy M. Marcot. Revised Edition, 1990. Northwood Heritage Press edition, very handsome book with textured maroon leatherette boards, title in copper on spine. Autographed. $180.

O-12: Stevens Pistols and Pocket Rifles. Kenneth L. Cope. 1971. Excellent, with dust jacket. $70.

O-14: Textbook of Pistols and Revolvers: Their Ammunition, Ballistics, and Use. Julian Hatcher. This is a very good copy of the original 1935 Small-Arms Technical Publishing edition. No dust jacket. $60.

O-16: Firearms Investigation, Identification and Evidence. Julian Hatcher, Frank Jury, Jack Weller. An oft-reprinted classic. This is a copy of the 1957 edition, very good with dust jacket. $35.

O-18: Gunsmithing Guns of the Old West, Expanded 2nd Edition (2004) by David R. Chicoine. A guide to repairing and improving Old West firearms. In additional to general guidelines, about 50 original and replica gun models (revolvers, rifles, and shotsguns) are covered with step-by-step detailed illustrations and photos. $95.

O-20: Automatic Pistol Marksmanship. William Rechenbach. 1937. This is a classic that is available in reprints, but this is an original 1937 copy, good condition, no dust jacket. Minor defects, such as original owner's name signed on title page. $20.

O-21: Sixguns and Bullseyes. William Reichenbach. 1936. This is not a reprint, but an original in excellent condition, no dust jacket. $25.

O-22: Guns and Gunning. Paul A. Curtis. Penn Publishing, 1934. Very good condition (no dust jacket). $35.

O-24: Simeon North: First Official Pistol Maker of the United States: A Memoir. By S.N.D. North and Ralph H. North. Rumford Press, Concord, NH, 1913. This is a classic that has been reproduced many times, but THIS IS NOT A REPRINT OR FACSIMILE. It is the original 1913 edition, in excellent condition. It has a handsome blue binding with the title embossed in gold on the front (but not on the spine). The top page edges are also gold embossed; the other page edges are ragged in the style of the day for some publishers. There is a little yellowing of the paper, but not bad. There are 16 photo plates showing various firearms designed and built by Mr. North. In all, a very nice, solid ORIGINAL volume about an important figure in the history of American firearms. $75.

O-26: The Revolver: 1865-1888. A.W.F. Taylerson. Crown Publishers, 1966. Very good condition, with VG dust jacket. $20.

O-27: The Revolver: 1889-1914. A.W.F. Taylerson. Crown Publishers, 1971.Very good condition, some light creases and rubbings on the dust jacket. $35.

O-28. American Percussion Revolvers. Frank M. Sellers and Samuel E. Smith. 1971. Book is very good. Dust jacket is fair to good-- it has some ripples, not very visible. $45.

O-29: Single-Shot Rifles. James J. Grant. Sixth printing, 1991, of 1947 edition. VG with VG dust jacket (minor tatting on top edge of dust jacket). $50.

O-30: More Single-Shot Rifles. James J. Grant. 1959. No dust jacket. $25.

O-31: American Firearms. Stephen van Rensselaer. 1947. VG, no dust jacket. "An histology of American gunsmiths, arms manufacturers & patentees with detailed description of their arms." Good, no dust jacket. $15.

O-32: American Firearms Makers. A. Merwyn Carey. 1953. A biographical directory to American firearms makers. "When, where, and what they made, from the colonial period to the end of the 19th century." VG condition with dust jacket (jacket is sun-faded on spine). $15.

O-33: Modern American Rifles. A.C. Gould. 1946 Thomas G. Samworth republication of 1892 original. Library discard, but VG condition with VG dust jacket (mylar cover). $$40.

O-35: Forty Years with the .45-70. Second Edition Revised and Expanded. Paul A. Matthews. Also says Third Edition 2001. Soft cover. As new. $15.

O-37 Frank A. Pachmayr: America's Master Gunsmith. John Lachuk. Safari Press, Second Edition, 1995. As new, with dust jacket. $55.

O-38: Sporting Rifles and Rifle Shooting. John Caswell. Original 1920 book, in good to VG condition -- the corners of the boards are dented in a bit. $20.

O-39: Our Rifles. Charles Winthrop Sawyer. Original 1920 book, in very good condition. 409 pages. $25.

O-40: Sixguns: The Standard Reference Work. Revised Edition. Elmer Keith. Second edition, 1961. VG with dust jacket. $45.

B-1: The Webley Story. William Chipchase Dowell. This is the standard reference on Webley firearms. This is the original 1962 edition published in the UK, not a later reprint. 377 pages. It contains an errata sheet of post-publication corrections. It is a very good copy; the dust jacket is good, with some tattering along the edges and minor tape repairs. $105.

B-2: Early Firearms of Great Britain and Ireland, from the Collection of Clay P. Bedford[/I]. Softcover. 1971. Excellent condition -- very minor creases on spine. 186 pages. $25.

B-3: Royal Sporting Arms at Windsor[/I], by Howard L. Blackmore. Mint, in original cardboard box, with dust jacket. Published by Her Majesty's Stationary Office, 1968. This book depicts the collection of the Royal Armoury at Windsor Castle, "the finest private collection of arms and armour in the country [the UK]." 52 photographic plates, index, etc. $29.

S-1: Heyday of the Shotgun: The Art of the Gunmaker at the Turn of the Last Century. David J. Baker. Safari Press, 2000. Very good, with some minor rubbings on dust jacket. $28.

S-3: Shotguns by Keith. Elmer Keith. Bonanza Books 1967 edition. Crisp VG condition with VG dust jacket, a little tattering and rubs on the just jacket. $30

S-4: Webley Sporting Guns. This is an original (not reprint) Webley & Scott 1961 promotional booklet/catalog on its shotguns. It is printed on heavy-stock paper in gold and black, in 9x6-inch format. A very handsome and rare little item. $22.

S-5: Gough Thomas's Second Gun Book, by G.T. Garwood. Winchester Press, New York, 1972 (originally published in UK). This is considered a classic work on the shotgun, written by G.T. Garwood, gun editor of the Shooting Times and a chartered engineer. 227 pages, many photos and dozens of technical diagrams. Excellent condition, both book and dust jacket. $50.

AM-2: Roughing It. Mark Twain. 1994 Readers Digest republication of 1872 original text, including original illustrations. Mint. $12.

AM-3: Guns of the American West. Dennis Adler. 11x8.75-inch format, 337 pages. Hundreds of color photos. As new except for very minor rubbings on dust jacket. $32.

AM-4: Firearms of the American West. TWO-VOLUME SET. Volume 1: 1803-1865 (402 pages). Volume 2: 1866-1894 (413 pages). Oversize format: 9x12.25-inch. A massive scholarly work originally published by the University of New Mexico in 1985, but this set was published by the University Press of Colorado in 1997-1997. "A monumental work that offers both technical information on all of the important firearms used in the West during this period and a highly entertaining and informative history of how they were used, who used them, and why...encyclopedic in its detail. Drawing on advertisements from newspapers, catalogues, and other primary sources, the authors discuss all the important military and civilian firearms used in the settling of the West, including rifles, shotguns, handguns, as well as the guns favored by the Native Americans." Very good condition with VG dust jackets. $125 for the set.

AM-5: The Fireside Book of Guns. Larry Koller. 1959. Hardcover with dust jacket and mylar cover. 383 pages. "A 450-year panorama of the firearms that made history in America the of the legacy they bequeathed..." $15.

AM-7: The American Heritage Book of Great Adventures of the Old West. An anthology compiled by the editors of American Heritage. Hardcover with dust jacket. Good condition-- some tattering of dust jacket. $10.

AM-8: Adventures with Indians and Game (or Twenty Years in the Rocky Mountains). Dr. William A. Allen. 1983 Time-Life reprint of 1903 memoir of Allen, a hunter and dentist in the Dakotas and Montana in the late 19th century. 5.75x8.5-inch, 302 pages, illustrated. Hardcover, faux leather cover, gold embossed, gilt page edges, published without dust cover. $22.

CA-2: Cartridges for Small Arms Patented in the United States Prior to January 1, 1878. High quality 1986 republication of 1878 Patent Office publication, with many line drawings. A must for a vintage cartridge collector. The pages are not numbered, but the volume is 2.5 inches thick, so I would estimate over 600 pages. $60.

CA-3: U.S. Cartridges and Their Handguns: 1795-1975. Charles R. Suydam. 1977. A classic reference work on vintage cartidges. Soft cover, good condition with some mild soiling. $25.

CAT-1: Bannerman's 1925 Antique Gun and Military Collectors Catalog. 1972 reprint by Shier's Antiques of 366-page 1925 catalog. $20.

CAT-2: Colonel Whelen's Gun Catalog and Complete Handbook: Eight Edition (1950). Complete retail gun catalog and handbook published by Parker-Whelen, Washington, D.C., in 1950. 162 pages. Soft cover, 11x8,50 inch. Excellent condition. $20.

CAT-3: The Gunman's Mart. Brownell Industries catalog Volume III (1951). 305 pages. Softcover. Very good condition.
$20.

CAT-4: High Standard Sporting Firearms. 1967 catalog. This is an original 1967 catalog-- NOT a reprint. Full-color front and back covers, two-color interior pages showing the full High Standard line. 28 pages. Excellent condition. $20.

CAT-5: Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co. This is high-quality 1969 reproduction of a 1884 catalog for dealers. It contains hundreds of detailed ink drawings or woodcuts of firearms of the era-- Smith & Wesson, Colt, Winchester, etc., and of parts, cartridges. etc., along with wholesale prices. 92 pages. $35.

CAT-6: Merwin, Hulbert Firearms & Ammunition catalog 1887. Reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5-inch format. Color cover, 38 pages black-and-white. $15.

CAT-7: Shooter's Bible Gun Traders Guide. Paul Wahl. 1964 edition. Softcover, 190 pages, good condition. See what they were selling for in 1964! $10.

CAT-8: Brownell's Catalog 22 (1969). Good. $5.

CAT-9: Brownell's Catalog 29 (March 1, 1977). $5.

CAT-10: Montgomery Ward & Co. 1895 Firearms Section. Cornell Publications reprint. $4.

CAT-11: Stoeger catalog No. 18 (1932), reproduction. 145 pages. Softcover, VG. $15.

CAT-12: Starr Arms Company 1964 catalog, reproduction. 22 pages. Softcover. $6.

CAT-13: Shooter's Bible No. 39, 1948. 544 pages. Fair to good. $15.

CAT-14: Shooter's Bible No. 45, 1954. 560 pages. Good. $15.

CAT-15: Shooter's Bible No. 47, 1956. 512 pages. Good. $15.

Again: $4 shipping charge on one-item orders, but I pay shipping on all multi-item orders. No international shipping. All offers will receive respectful consideration.

The Custom Revolver - Bowen - sample plate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MI-2 (Hamilton Bowen) is an excellent out of print book that will continue to climb in value. It's the best book on custom revolvers that I have seen. Scarcely seen for resale.

I am continuing to liquidate my personal library of books related to firearms and hunting. In response to my earlier posting, many books were sold, so I am now posting a cleaned-up list, which also includes a fair number of items not previously listed.

While I am listing fixed prices as the rules require, I will respectfully consider ALL offers. I am never offended by an offer--the worst that can happen is that I will decline or perhaps make a counter-offer. My gmail address is my full name, Douglas Dean Johnson, with dots between the names.

Bona fides: I am pretty new here but a longtime active participant on the smith-wessonforum-dot-com, and you can check out my past feedback using the "search this forum" tool in the "Classified > Feedback" subforum (search feedback by user name-- ddeanjohnson). (I co-authored the chapter on Single Shot Pistols in The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson (Fourth Edition).) My books are also listed on that forum.

Prices include shipping via USPS Media Mail rate, which includes a free tracking number. Please add a $4 shipping surcharge if you order only a single book, but I will pay shipping on all multiple-book orders. I will add insurance only if the buyer requests it (I do not recommend it), and pays the insurance fee. Sorry, no international shipping. I will mail within 3 days after check clears.

Acceptable payment methods are personal check, USPS money order, or Zelle. Again: Please add a $4 shipping surcharge if you order only a single book, but I will pay shipping on all multiple-book orders.

I will provide photos on request, as time allows and within reason.

H-1: Twenty-Two Caliber Varmint Rifles. Charles S. Landis. This is the original 1948 Small-Arms Technical publication, not one of the many later reprints. No dust jacket. A well-read but completely intact, decent copy of this classic. $60.

H-2: Woodchucks and Woodchuck Rifles. Charles S. Landris. This is the original 1951 edition. No dust jacket. The front cover board is a little bit loose, but all the pages are intact. A classic technical work on varmint cartridges and loads of the era. $25.

H-4: The Ultimate Guide to Handgun Hunting: Tips and Tactics for Hunting Small and Big Game. Clair Rees. 2003. Case laminate hard cover, as new. $25.

H-7: How to Select and Use Your Big Game Rifle. Henry B. Stebbins. First Edition, 1952. Good copy, no dust jacket. $15

H-8: Rifle in Hand. Jim Posewitz. 2004. Hardcover, with dust jacket, as new, autographed by author. $25.

H-15: Keith's Rifles for Big Game. Elmer Keith. Palladium Press, 2001 Firearms Classic Library edition of the 1946 classic. Gold-embossed boards, gilt page edges. As new. $40.

H-16: Big Game Rifles and Cartridges. Elmer Keith. Original 1936 publication by Small-Arms Technical. A well-worn but completely intact copy of this classic. 7.5x4.5-inch format. Some of the lettering has been worn off the cover by handling. $25.

H-17: Keith: An Autobiography. Elmer Keith. 1973. Book is good to very good. Dust jacket has some sun-tanning on spine, tattered corners. $55.

H-18: Twenty Great Trophy Hunts: Personal Accounts of Hunting North America's Big Game Animals. Edited by John O. Cartier. Fair copy-- no dust jacket, some soiling of boards and discoloration of page edges. Completely intact and readable. $7.

H-19: Where to Hunt American Game. This is a hardcover guide published by United States Cartridge Company in Lowell, Massachusetts, in 1898. It is divided into chapters by state. They did a nice job -- scores of illustration plates of game animals. Gold-embossed bear on the cover. Gilt page edges. No dust jacket. This book is in remarkably good condition for its age-- some age spots here and there, but no musty smell. Well read but intact. $25.

H-22: The Best of Field & Stream: 100 Years of Great Writing. Edited by J.I. Merritt. 1995. Hardcover with dust jacket and mylar cover; the book looks new except that there is a library number taped to the spine of the dust jacket and another library sticker taped to the back of the dust jacket. $15.

H-24: Summer's Song & Other Essays. Don L. Johnson. 2005. Essays on the Wisconsin outdoors by noted outdoor writer Don L. Johnson (1927-2006). Trade paperback, 299 pages. As new (multipled copies): $22.

H-25: Grouse & Woodcock: A Gunner's Guide. Don L. Johnson. 1995. A guide to grouse hunting, dogs, etc. Trade paperback, 220 pages. As new (multiple copies): $23.

H-26: Advanced Hunting on Deer and Elk Trails. Francis E. Sell. This is the original 1954 Stackpole hardcover edition of a classic (NOT a reprint), in good condition, but no dust cover. $25.

H-27: Legendary Deer Camps. Robert Wegner. 2001. Hardcover, with dust jacket (a few small defects in dust jacket). $18.

G-1: The Golden Age of the American Schuetzenfest. A History and Study of the Marksman's Art. Randolph Schreiter Wright. 2018, 2019. From the 1890s until the U.S. entry into World War I, the target shooting game known as Schuetzen was in its Golden Age. Rifle shooting contests were held at Schuetzen parks across the U.S. in cities large and small. This is the best history on all aspects of this sport, including the firearms and ammunition. A very handsome volume, like new with dust jacket. Profusely illustrated. $55.

G-2: Schuetzen Rifles: History and Loadings. Gerald O. Kelver. 1972. Softcover. Signed by author. $15.

G-3: German Handguns: The Complete Book of the Pistols and Revolvers of Germany, 1869 to the Present. Ian V. Hogg. 2001. As new except minor rubbings on the very good dust jacket. $35.

G-4: The Mauser Self-Loading Pistol. James N. Belford and Jack Dunlap. First Edition, 1969. VG with dust jacket (some tanning and tattering on outside edge of dust jacket). $40.

G-5: Walther Pistols and Rifles. W.H.B. Smith. Revised and Enlarged Second Edition, 1962. $25.

G-6: Waffen-Lexikon. Walter Lampel, Richard Mahrholdt. 1971 edition. A sort of dictionary or handbook to sporting firearms , nearly 700 pages. There is a 1.5-inch split in the spine and some mild soiling of page edges, but the book is intact and full of interesting illustrations. German language. $65.

G-7: Waffen-Lexikon. Richard Mahrholdt. 1957 edition. A dictionary or handbook to sporting firearms, with many line drawings. About 500 pages. German language. Spine is faded, some mild discoloration of page edges, but a good intact volume. $60.

G-8: Waffen-Lexikon. Richard Mahrholdt. 1937 edition (Nazi era). A dictionary or handbook to sporting firearms and hunting, with many fascinating illustrations. German language. The spine fabric is cracked and the page edges are discolored with age, but it is still a good, intact, and fascinating volume, although all in German. $125.

G-9: Luger Tips: Revised Edition. Michael Reese II. Revised 1992, reprinted 2001. Softcover. $20.

G-10: PreuBen Geschichte eines Mythos. ("Prussia: The Story of A Myth.") Julius H.Schoeps. "Well-known historians vividly describe the formative aspects of Prussian history between 1134 and 1947: starting from the state-dynastic traditions of the late Middle Ages, to which Prussia remained strongly committed despite the reforms of the 18th and 19th centuries, through the era of Frederick the Great from the reforms, the Empire and the Weimar Republic to the end of Prussia, the history of the state is presented as a comprehensive social, economic and cultural process." German language. 2000. VG with dust jacket. $25.

G-11: Moderne Waffen, Munition, Jagdarktikel. This is an ORIGINAL 1913 catalog of the German firm August Stukenbrok- Einbeck. It has an oversize format (10x13 inches). 200 pages, covering long guns, hand guns, ammunition, hunting supplies, etc. It includes many hundreds of detailed line drawings or woodcuts of firearms, cartridges, and all manner of gear. All text is German, of course. It is amazing to browse through it. This catalog has been reprinted in Europe, but my catalog does not at all appear to be a reprint; some years ago I took it to an experienced appraiser who agreed that it is original. The paper is of high quality-- it has discolored somewhat along the edges due to age, but is overall excellent-- no brittleness at all. $125.

G-12: Geco sporting goods catalog No. 65 (1937) (reprint). This is a Cornell Publications reproduction of a 1937 Geco catalog. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. 435 pages of guns, ammunition, and sporting equipment. German language. "Perfect bound." $20.

G-13: Adolf Frank Export company 1911 gun catalog (reprint). This is a Cornell Publications reproduction of a 480-page catalog of guns and other sporting goods from 1911. Each page has parallel text in German, English, Spanish, and French. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. As new. $23.

G-14: German Hunting Guns of the Golden Era 1840-1940. Hans E. Pfingsten. Safari Press, 2015. As new with dust jacket. Beautiful color photos, plus diagrams, proof mark information, etc. $50.

G-15: Czech Firearms and Ammunition: History and Present. Dolinek, Karlieky, Vacha. 1995. Many color photos. A few creases in the dust jacket. $150.

M-3: Automatic Arms: Their History, Development and Use. Melvin M. Johnson Jr. and Charles T. Haven. 1941. A good intact copy with no dust jacket. Some yellowing due to age. Ownership stamp, "Jim Crossman, Firearms Editor, Sports Afield, Minneapolis, Minn." $45

M-4: U.S. Military Arms Inspector Marks. Anthony C. Daum and Charles W. Pate. 2016. Color case laminate cover. 240 pages. Like new. $45.

M-6: United States Martial Pistols and Revolvers. Arcadi Gluckman. Third printing, 1956. Some shelf wear and mild discoloration, but a good solid copy. $20.

M-7: United States Martial Pistols and Revolvers. Arcadi Gluckman. Bonanza reprint of 1956 edition. Good copy with taped repair on dust jacket. $22.

M-8: U.S. Martial and Semi-Martial Single-Shot Pistols. Charles Edward Chapel. First Edition, 1962. VG with VG dust jacket. Minor edge soiling. Minor tattering of just jacket edges. $35

M-9: Identifying Old U.S. Muskets, Rifles & Carbines. Arcadi Gluckman. Bonana Books reprint of Stackpole Company edition, 1959, 1965. VG with no dust jacket. $15.

M-10: Notes on U.S. Ordnance, Vol. 1, Small Arms, 1776 to 1946, by Major James E. Hicks. 1946. No dust jacket. $35.

M-11: The Confederate LeMat Revolver, by Doug Adams. 2005. No dust jacket, very minor rubbings. Signed by Doug Adams, numbered #22 of 150. This hardcover edition is rare. $125.

M-12: Small Arms and Ammunition in the United States Service. Berkeley R. Lewis. Smithsonian Institution, 1956. $50.

M-12X: U.S. SharpShooters: Berdan's Civil War Elite. Roy Marcot. 2007. As new with dust jacket. $35.

M-13: Catalog of United States Martial Short Arms. Otto Ulbrich Co., 1939; Second Printing, 1945. Paperback, spiral-bound (repair to the plastic spiral binding). $7.

M-14: Description and Rules for the Management of the United States Rifle Caliber .30, Model of 1903. Government Printing Office, 1917. Not a reprint -- original hardcover GPO publication, Revised edition of January 22, 1917. Fair to poor condition-- binding is broken (but pages intact). Back cover board has water stains. Two fold-out diagrams. $8.

M-15: A Treatise on the Rifle, Musket, Pistol, and Fowling-Piece. N. Bosworth. This is an undated hardcover republication by Standard Publications of Huntington, West Virginia, of the 1846 work by Bosworth. Good condition. $12.

M-18: The World's Great Small Arms. Craig Philip. 1993. 12x9.5-inch. 176 pages. Hardcover with dust jacket. $9.

M-19. British Artillery Ammunition 1780. Adrian B. Caruana. 1979. Rare volume. Paperback, 8x11-inch. "A compilation of text and illustrations detailing all the forms of ammunition available during the 18th century. Included are case, grape, shells, fuses, carcasses, smoke and light balls, cartridges, quickmatch, portfires and tubes. 52 pp., 50 illustrations, numerous charts." $100.

MI-1: The Rifle. This is a two-volume set that contains full-size (13x10-inch) reproductions of all issues of A.C. Gould's publication THE RIFLE for 1885-1888. These two volumes were published in 1990 by Barefoot Publishing Company and Tom Rowe Books. These papers included advertisements with line drawings or wood cuts of the Smith & Wesson and other handguns of the day. The editors included an introduction about Gould, the publication, and the U.S. shooting sports culture of the era. (In 1888 THE RIFLE evolved into SHOOTING AND FISHING, which in 1907 became Arms and the Man, which evolved into THE AMERICAN RIFLEMAN in 1923. The editors also included an index. This set is as-new. $325.

MI-2: The Custom Revolver. Hamilton S. Bowen. First Edition, 2001. This is a scare out-of-print work, with beautiful color plates of many of Bowen's wonderful customized revolvers, plus detailed information on all of the technical aspects. 303 pages. Both book and dust jacket are pretty close to as-new-- the dust jacket has some minor rubbings, and a crease on the inside flap (not visible). $400.

MI-3: Modern Sporting Gunnery: A Manual of Practical Information for Shooters of Today. Henry Sharp. This is an original 1906 edition, very rare. Overall condition is good. Some letters worn off the spine. Some foxing and tanning, some strains on edges of pages, but all is solid and intact, and the text is clean and readable. I have only seen one other copy ever listed in this good a condition and it was priced at $250. My price: $100.

MI-4: Olympic Shooting. Jim Crossman. 1978. VG condition, dust jacket has some tattering on the edges. $30.

MI-5: A History of Marksmanship. Charles Chenevix Trench. Exeter edition, 1980 (reissue of 1972 publication). VG with dust jacket, mylar cover. $13.

MI-7: Rifleman and Pistolman. L.B. Escritt. 1955 original edition, with dust jacket. Overall good, but here are some small pieces missing from the dust jacket. $20.

MI-8: Sharpshooting for Sport & War. W.W. Greener. This is the original 1900 book published by Truslove, Hanson & Comba, not any of the many reprints of this classic. I doubt you will find another original first edition. The spine is so broken-in that the book will lay open on the desk, but all of the pages are tight.There is darkening of paper due to age. In all, a very decent vintage original of a classic. $50.

MI-9: The Ultimate in Rifle Precision: Covering Bench Rest, Target, Varmint and Hunting Rifles, Their Ammunition and Their Use. Townsend Whelen. The Stackpole Company, 1958. A solid copy in BG condition, no dust jacket. $45.

MI-10: Shooting. F.H. FitzGerald ("firearms expert, lecturer, and instructor in target and defense shooting"). 1930. VG, no dust jacket. 421 pages. $150.

MI-12: Experiments of a Handgunner. Walter F. Roper. 1989 reprint by Wolfe Publishing Company. VG, no dust jacket. $45.

MI-13: On Damascus Steel, by Leo S. Figiel, M.D. First edition, 1991. Mint, in dust jacket. Many color and black-and-white photos of Damascus steel swords. $25.

MI-14: Air-Guns and Air-Pistols. L. Wesley. "New and Enlarged Edition." Sixth edition, fourth impression, July 1978. Book very good condition; dust jacket also very good, except some sun-fading of the outward-facing spine edge. $40.

MI-15: The Single Shot Exchange Classic Compendium. "A collection of monthly columns and feature stories from The Single Shot Exchange June 1991 through December 1993." Published 1996. Soft cover, 347 pages. $20.

MI-17: The Story of Pope's Barrels. Ray M. Smith. Revised edition, 1993. VG, no dust jacket. $33.

MI-18: GUN TESTS magazine: I have about 350 issues, nearly all issues from 1992 through 2022, in excellent condition. Thirty years of detailed technical reviews of arms, ammunition, and accessories. "The consumer resource for the serious shooter." The regular subscription price is over $4 per issue. This collection being sold only as a batch for $435 shipped by Media Mail (or $375 for local pickup in Maryland).

MI-19: GUN DIGEST, over 60 annual issues, beginning with the very first (1944), and as late as 2015. (A few years are missing.) Conditions range from very good to mint (none musty or water damaged). Abundant material of interest for shooters of all stripes, and many invaluable reference articles for collectors. Sold only as a batch, $500, and only for local pickup in Maryland. If there is some individual year's edition that you simply must have, send me a message.

MI-20: Gun Digest Book of Revolvers: Assembly/Disassembly. J.B. Wood. 2011 updated edition. "Step-by-step photos for 60 models & 130 variants." Paperback, 8x11-inch, 574 pages. Seems as new except for a couple small creases in cover. $40.

MI-21: Gun Digest Buyer's Guide to Guns. Derrick Sigler. 2008. Paperback. 8x11-inch, 518 pages. $8.

MI-22: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of 19th Century Firearms. 1979. 12x9-inch, 216 pages. Numerous color photos and color illustrations of 19th century firearms, including a four-panel fold out. Hard cover, good condition, without dust jacket. $28.

MI-23: Pistols: A Modern Encyclopedia. Henry M. Stebbins. 1961. 9x11.5-inch, 380 pages. Hardcover. Good condition but edges of dust jacket have some tattering, and mild soiling to dust jacket. $25.

MI-24: The Greatest Guns of Gun Digest. Dan Shideler. 2010. Softcover, 222 pages. Mild rubbing on the cover, otherwise as new. $15.

MI-25: The Handgun Story: A Complete Illustrated History. John Walter. 2008. 244 pages. Hardcover with dusty jacket. Excellent condition. $25.

MI-26: Steel Canvas: The Art of American Arms. R.L. Wilson. Random House, 1995. 11x9-inch format. Hardcover, 384 pages. Many hundreds of color photos of engraved firearms of all kinds. Very good condition (previous owner's name plate on the inner cover).$30.

MI-27: The Gun Digest Book of Semi-Auto Pistols. Edited by Dan Shideler. 2005. Softcover. $8.

MI-28: Pistols of the World: Revised Edition. Ian Hogg and John Weeks. 1982. Softcover, 306 pages. Mild age discoloration of paper. $8.

MI-29: Guns and Shooting: 153 Questions and Answers for the Sportsman and Collector. Major Sir Gerald Burrard. First American Edition, 1962. 5x8-inch, 147 pages. Hardcover with dust jacket. Some tattering and soiling of edges of the dust jacket. $30.

MI-30: The Modern Rifle. Jim Carmichel. 1975. Hardcover, good condition, no dust jacket. $7.

SW-1: Smith & Wesson Revolvers: The Pioneer Single Action Models. John E. Parsons. 1957. Book in very good condition (a few small spots on page edges). Dust jacket is good-- some small tears, tatters, and scuffs. $55.

SW-4: The K-Frame Revolver. Timothy J. Mullin. Collector Grade Publications, 2015. Volume II in the S&W Phenomenon series. 2013. Like new, with dust jacket. $250.

SW-6: Artistry in Arms. Roy G. Jinks. This hardcover book is based on the Smith & Wesson International Museum Tour 1991-1995. Signed by Roy Jinks. Excellent condition; there is a strip about one-quarter inch wide of slightly faded in along the bottom edge of the dust jacket. I don't know if this is a small printers' error or sun-bleaching; it is hardly noticeable. $75.

SW-10: Smith & Wesson "85th Anniversary" (1938) catalog, high-quality reproduction. 4.5x6-inch format, 50 pages plus covers. Pretty much perfect except that a previous owner wrote a phone number on the back cover. The interior is black-and-white, good paper and sharp images. $50

SW-13: Smith & Wesson circa 1882 revolvers brochure -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5-inch format. Color cover, 12 black-and-white pages. $12.

SW-14: Smith & Wesson 1887 catalog -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5 inches. $15.

SW-15: Smith & Wesson 1900 catalog -- high-quality reproduction by Jayco (1962). 9.5x6.75-inch format, heavy stock paper. $45.

SW-16: Smith & Wesson 1901 catalog -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 8.5x5.5-inch format, black and white. The original catalog had 72 pages, but this reproduction is missing pp. 35-38, because the original used by Cornell was missing the same pages. $6.

SW-18: Smith & Wesson "The Revolver" brochure (circa 1905). Cornell Publications reproduction. 8.5x7.5-inch format. $8.

SW-20: Smith & Wesson Revolvers 1941 catalog-- reproductive by Cornell Publications. 5.25x8.5-inch format. Color cover, black and white interior. $10.

SW-21: Smith & Wesson 1952 "Centennial Catalog" -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 8.5x11-inch. Color cover, 62 pages. $14.

SW-22: Smith & Wesson 1961 catalog -- reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5 inches. $12.

SW-24: Smith & Wesson: The Story of the Revolver. Martin Rywell, Carl R. Hellstrom. First Edition, 1953. 136 pages. Softcover. Good condition. The upper-left corner of the spine was torn and repaired with a little tape. $30.

SW-27: Smith & Wesson Hand Guns. Roy C. McHenry and Walter F. Roper. January 1994 reprint by Wolfe Publishing Company of 1945 edition. Nice, gold-embossed hardcover. There is no dust cover and I don't know that it ever had one. Condition seems as new. $52.

SW-28: "S.&W. 100 Years of Gunmaking! (1852-1952). Carl R. Hellstrom. 1952. Paperback, 36 pages. Very good condition. $25.

CO-2: Variations of Colt's New Model Police and Pocket Breech Loading Pistols. John D. Breslin, William Q. Pirie, and David E. Price. 2002. No dust jacket. Basically as new, very minor rubbings. $30.

CO-3: American Beauty: The Prewar National Match Government Model Pistol. Timothy J. Mullin. First Edition, 1999, by Collector Grade Publications. Hardcover, 59 pages, 11x9-inch format. The book is in fine condition with a fine dust jacket. There are a few very minor dents in the dust jacket, visible close up if the light is oblique, and very minor tanning on some page edges. Profusely illustrated, including full-page color photos of Colt National Match Government Model pistols with custom engraving, ivory grips, etc. $235.

CO-4: Standard Catalog of Colt Firearms. Rick Sapp. 2007. "450 full-color photos." Color cover; published without dust jacket. $30.

CO-5: The Peacemaker and its Rivals: An Account of the Single Action Colt. John E. Parsons. 1950 edition, sixth printing 1965. Very good condition-- dust jacket has torn corner. $30.

CO-8: Colt Firearms from 1836. James E. Severen. 1954. Excellent condition, with dust jacket and mylar wrapping. $40.

CO-9: Colt Handbook. ORIGINAL, NOT A REPRINT. 4x6-inch format. A tutorial on target shooting and defense shooting. 44 pages. VG condition. $35.

R-1: Remington .22 Rimfire Rifles. John Gyde & Roy Marcot. 2007. Some light marks on dust jacket, otherwise as new. Long out-of-print collector's item. Publisher's description: "After a sixteen year study, noted .22 collector John Gyde and Remington Historian Roy Marcot have completed their long-awaited book. Published in April 2007, this hard cover, full-color, 388 page book features over 1,000 full color photographs and illustrations. Every model Remington .22 rifle is described in detail, from the earliest in 1866 to the latest rifles introduced in 2006. A special section covers Remington .22 prototype rifles-- unique systems that never made it past R & D." New copies sell for $975 on Amazon. My price: $750.

R-2: Remington Firearms: The Golden Age of Collecting. Robert W.D. Ball. 1995. With dust jacket and as new; autographed to original owner. $25.

R-3: Remington Handguns. Charles Lee Karr, Jr. and Caroll Robbins Karr. Fourth Edition, 1960. Good condition with fair dust jacket. $15.

R-4: The History of Remington Firearms. Roy Marcot. 2005. Color library binding, excellent condition; with fair dust jacket. $35.

R-5: U.S. Single Action Cartridge Handgun Holsters 1870-1910. William G. Phillips & John P. Vervloet. 1987. Paperback. $16.

R-6: Remington Rolling Block Pistols. Jerry Landskron. Rolling Block Press, First Edition (non-numbered), June 1981. 296 pages. Hardcover, gold-embrossed cover design. Excellent condition. 11x9-inch format. $150.

R-7: Remington Rolling Block Pistols. Jerry Landskron. Rolling Block Press, First Edition (Deluxe Edition, book plate hand numbered #431 of 500 and autographied by author), June 1981. 296 pages. Hardcover, gold-embrossed cover design. Excellent condition. 11x9-inch format. $175.

R-8: Remington's First Revolvers: The Remington Beals .31 Caliber Revolvers. Charles F. Schif. 2007. Inscribed by the author to the original owner, otherwise mint with mint just jacket. $30.

R-9: Standard Catalog of Remington Firearms. Dan Shideler. 2008. "700+ color photos." Library binding. As new. $55.

R-10: Remington Arms & History. Bill West. First edition, 1970. Good condition. $35.

R-11: Remington Arms Catalogs 1877-1899. Bill West. Paperback, 1970. As new. Out of print and very difficult to find on used book market. $75.

R-12: Remington Rolling Block Firearms. Konrad F. Schreider, Jr. 1977. Soft cover. Excellent condition. $35.

R-13: Remington Rolling Block Firearms. Konrad F. Schreider, Jr. 1977. Soft cover. Very good but on corner of cover is creased. $25.

R-14: Remington Rolling Block Rifles, Carbines & Shotguns Sporting and Target Rifles. Roy Marcot. First Edition, 2009. With dust jacket. From publisher's material: "Roy Marcot's long-awaited book on one of America s most famous hunting and sporting rifles...This new 330-page hardbound book is printed in full color. Individual chapters describe in detail the Remington No.1, No.1 1/2, No.2, No.4, No.5 and No.7 rolling block firearms. The No.1 expanded section includes full chapters on the development of the rolling block system, early sporting rifles, engraved and embellished rifles, Creedmoor Long Range rifles, Mid-Range and Short Range rifles, Schuetzen rifles, Bench Rest rifles, and Buffalo rifles. Every model is described in great detail, with over 250 comprehensive color photographs of all important aspects of each rifle. Besides the quality of the text and photography, what sets this book apart is the 12 x 10 inch layout of text and photographs in a series of flowing matrixes designed by well-known graphic artist, Ron Paxton." Very good condition with VG dust jacket. This book lists on Amazon used for over $1,000. $700.

R-15: Union Metallic Cartridge Company [and] UMC [and] Remington Arms.: combination 1910 catalog. 5.5x8.5-inch. 192 pages. This is an ORIGINAL catalog -- NOT A REPRINT. There are some abraded areas on the cover, as clearly visible in a photo. But the rest of the catalog is clean, dry, and bright. Many, many fine-lined drawings of guns (including cross-sections) and cartridges, along with much technical data. $50.

W-1: Winchester Repeating Arms Company. Herbert G. Houze. 1993. New. $50.

W-5: Winchester Sales Manual 1938. This is a high-quality authorized reprint, in 1970, of the 1938 catalog, in very good condition. A few photos, many high-quality line drawings and ultra-detailed cross-sectional diagrams. $30

W-7. The Winchester Handbook. First Edition, 1981. George Madis. Autographed. Very good condition, except a bit of pencil underlining on 4 pages I've noticed. $75

W-10: Winchester: The Gun That Won the West. Harold F. Williamson. 1952; third printing, 1963. Good condition-- a little yellowing with age, some tattering and sun-tanning of dust jacket. $25.

W-12: Armax: The Journal of the Cody Firearms Museum. Volume 5, 1995. Softcover, 214 pages. As new. This issue includes "Women in Firearms Advertising, 1900-1920," "A Survey of the Winchester Model 1894 Records SN 1-353,999," and "The Use of the Percussion Shotgun in Texas Prior to and During the American Civil War," among other articles. $20.

O-1: The Gun That Made the Twenties Roar: General John T. Thompson and the Thompson Submachine Gun. William J. Helmer. 1969. VG copy with dust jacket with mylar cover. $29.

O-2: Browning Arms & History. Bill West. First Edition, 1972. Mint except for "to daddy" inscription on frontspiece. $50.

O-3: Standard Catalog of Browning Firearms. Joseph M. Cornell. 2008. "375 color photos." $35.

O-4: The Breech-Loading Single-Shot Match Rifle. Ned Roberts and Ken Waters. 1967. Excellent condition, some sun-tanning of dust jacket. $35.

O-5: American British & Continental Pepperbox Firearms. Jack Dunlap. H.J. Dunlap, 1964. Format is 11.5 by 8.75 inches, 279 pages. The book is in excellent condition. The dust jacket is generally in good condition, but some tears in the top and bottom edges of the spine of the dust jacket were repaired with tape on the hidden side. Profusely illustrated with photos and reproductions of old diagrams. $45.

O-6: Competitive Shooting: Techniques and Training for Rifle, Pistol, and Running Game Target Shooting. A.A. Yur'Yev. NRA translation edition, 1985. 399 pages. Excellent conditon with very good dust jacket. $50.

O-7: H&R Arms Co. 1871-1986: A Historical Reference for the Modern Collector. W.E. "Bill" Goforth. 2017. The definitive reference. 627 pages. Like new with dust jacket. $120

O-8: Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Firearms 1871-1993. W.E. "Bill" Goforth. Final edition, 2006. Paperback. 224 pages. Hundreds of photos. Model variations, specifications, serial number ranges, dates of manufacture, etc. As new. $75.

O-9: Marlin and Ballard Firearms and History. Bill West. First Edition, 1968. "A complete, illustrated, detailed description of each type, of each model, of Marlin & Ballard rifles, carbines, shotguns, single shots, muskets, and pistols." $100.

O-10: Antique Pistol Book. James A. Smith and Elmer Swanson. 1948. Good to very good condition, without dust jacket. Some wear on tips, sun tanning. Marked as "#253" of this edition. $30.

O-11: Spencer Repeating Rifles. Roy M. Marcot. Revised Edition, 1990. Northwood Heritage Press edition, very handsome book with textured maroon leatherette boards, title in copper on spine. Autographed. $180.

O-12: Stevens Pistols and Pocket Rifles. Kenneth L. Cope. 1971. Excellent, with dust jacket. $70.

O-14: Textbook of Pistols and Revolvers: Their Ammunition, Ballistics, and Use. Julian Hatcher. This is a very good copy of the original 1935 Small-Arms Technical Publishing edition. No dust jacket. $60.

O-16: Firearms Investigation, Identification and Evidence. Julian Hatcher, Frank Jury, Jack Weller. An oft-reprinted classic. This is a copy of the 1957 edition, very good with dust jacket. $35.

O-18: Gunsmithing Guns of the Old West, Expanded 2nd Edition (2004) by David R. Chicoine. A guide to repairing and improving Old West firearms. In additional to general guidelines, about 50 original and replica gun models (revolvers, rifles, and shotsguns) are covered with step-by-step detailed illustrations and photos. $95.

O-20: Automatic Pistol Marksmanship. William Rechenbach. 1937. This is a classic that is available in reprints, but this is an original 1937 copy, good condition, no dust jacket. Minor defects, such as original owner's name signed on title page. $20.

O-21: Sixguns and Bullseyes. William Reichenbach. 1936. This is not a reprint, but an original in excellent condition, no dust jacket. $25.

O-22: Guns and Gunning. Paul A. Curtis. Penn Publishing, 1934. Very good condition (no dust jacket). $35.

O-24: Simeon North: First Official Pistol Maker of the United States: A Memoir. By S.N.D. North and Ralph H. North. Rumford Press, Concord, NH, 1913. This is a classic that has been reproduced many times, but THIS IS NOT A REPRINT OR FACSIMILE. It is the original 1913 edition, in excellent condition. It has a handsome blue binding with the title embossed in gold on the front (but not on the spine). The top page edges are also gold embossed; the other page edges are ragged in the style of the day for some publishers. There is a little yellowing of the paper, but not bad. There are 16 photo plates showing various firearms designed and built by Mr. North. In all, a very nice, solid ORIGINAL volume about an important figure in the history of American firearms. $75.

O-26: The Revolver: 1865-1888. A.W.F. Taylerson. Crown Publishers, 1966. Very good condition, with VG dust jacket. $20.

O-27: The Revolver: 1889-1914. A.W.F. Taylerson. Crown Publishers, 1971.Very good condition, some light creases and rubbings on the dust jacket. $35.

O-28. American Percussion Revolvers. Frank M. Sellers and Samuel E. Smith. 1971. Book is very good. Dust jacket is fair to good-- it has some ripples, not very visible. $45.

O-29: Single-Shot Rifles. James J. Grant. Sixth printing, 1991, of 1947 edition. VG with VG dust jacket (minor tatting on top edge of dust jacket). $50.

O-30: More Single-Shot Rifles. James J. Grant. 1959. No dust jacket. $25.

O-31: American Firearms. Stephen van Rensselaer. 1947. VG, no dust jacket. "An histology of American gunsmiths, arms manufacturers & patentees with detailed description of their arms." Good, no dust jacket. $15.

O-32: American Firearms Makers. A. Merwyn Carey. 1953. A biographical directory to American firearms makers. "When, where, and what they made, from the colonial period to the end of the 19th century." VG condition with dust jacket (jacket is sun-faded on spine). $15.

O-33: Modern American Rifles. A.C. Gould. 1946 Thomas G. Samworth republication of 1892 original. Library discard, but VG condition with VG dust jacket (mylar cover). $$40.

O-35: Forty Years with the .45-70. Second Edition Revised and Expanded. Paul A. Matthews. Also says Third Edition 2001. Soft cover. As new. $15.

O-37 Frank A. Pachmayr: America's Master Gunsmith. John Lachuk. Safari Press, Second Edition, 1995. As new, with dust jacket. $55.

O-38: Sporting Rifles and Rifle Shooting. John Caswell. Original 1920 book, in good to VG condition -- the corners of the boards are dented in a bit. $20.

O-39: Our Rifles. Charles Winthrop Sawyer. Original 1920 book, in very good condition. 409 pages. $25.

O-40: Sixguns: The Standard Reference Work. Revised Edition. Elmer Keith. Second edition, 1961. VG with dust jacket. $45.

B-1: The Webley Story. William Chipchase Dowell. This is the standard reference on Webley firearms. This is the original 1962 edition published in the UK, not a later reprint. 377 pages. It contains an errata sheet of post-publication corrections. It is a very good copy; the dust jacket is good, with some tattering along the edges and minor tape repairs. $105.

B-2: Early Firearms of Great Britain and Ireland, from the Collection of Clay P. Bedford[/I]. Softcover. 1971. Excellent condition -- very minor creases on spine. 186 pages. $25.

B-3: Royal Sporting Arms at Windsor[/I], by Howard L. Blackmore. Mint, in original cardboard box, with dust jacket. Published by Her Majesty's Stationary Office, 1968. This book depicts the collection of the Royal Armoury at Windsor Castle, "the finest private collection of arms and armour in the country [the UK]." 52 photographic plates, index, etc. $29.

S-1: Heyday of the Shotgun: The Art of the Gunmaker at the Turn of the Last Century. David J. Baker. Safari Press, 2000. Very good, with some minor rubbings on dust jacket. $28.

S-3: Shotguns by Keith. Elmer Keith. Bonanza Books 1967 edition. Crisp VG condition with VG dust jacket, a little tattering and rubs on the just jacket. $30

S-4: Webley Sporting Guns. This is an original (not reprint) Webley & Scott 1961 promotional booklet/catalog on its shotguns. It is printed on heavy-stock paper in gold and black, in 9x6-inch format. A very handsome and rare little item. $22.

S-5: Gough Thomas's Second Gun Book, by G.T. Garwood. Winchester Press, New York, 1972 (originally published in UK). This is considered a classic work on the shotgun, written by G.T. Garwood, gun editor of the Shooting Times and a chartered engineer. 227 pages, many photos and dozens of technical diagrams. Excellent condition, both book and dust jacket. $50.

AM-2: Roughing It. Mark Twain. 1994 Readers Digest republication of 1872 original text, including original illustrations. Mint. $12.

AM-3: Guns of the American West. Dennis Adler. 11x8.75-inch format, 337 pages. Hundreds of color photos. As new except for very minor rubbings on dust jacket. $32.

AM-4: Firearms of the American West. TWO-VOLUME SET. Volume 1: 1803-1865 (402 pages). Volume 2: 1866-1894 (413 pages). Oversize format: 9x12.25-inch. A massive scholarly work originally published by the University of New Mexico in 1985, but this set was published by the University Press of Colorado in 1997-1997. "A monumental work that offers both technical information on all of the important firearms used in the West during this period and a highly entertaining and informative history of how they were used, who used them, and why...encyclopedic in its detail. Drawing on advertisements from newspapers, catalogues, and other primary sources, the authors discuss all the important military and civilian firearms used in the settling of the West, including rifles, shotguns, handguns, as well as the guns favored by the Native Americans." Very good condition with VG dust jackets. $125 for the set.

AM-5: The Fireside Book of Guns. Larry Koller. 1959. Hardcover with dust jacket and mylar cover. 383 pages. "A 450-year panorama of the firearms that made history in America the of the legacy they bequeathed..." $15.

AM-7: The American Heritage Book of Great Adventures of the Old West. An anthology compiled by the editors of American Heritage. Hardcover with dust jacket. Good condition-- some tattering of dust jacket. $10.

AM-8: Adventures with Indians and Game (or Twenty Years in the Rocky Mountains). Dr. William A. Allen. 1983 Time-Life reprint of 1903 memoir of Allen, a hunter and dentist in the Dakotas and Montana in the late 19th century. 5.75x8.5-inch, 302 pages, illustrated. Hardcover, faux leather cover, gold embossed, gilt page edges, published without dust cover. $22.

CA-2: Cartridges for Small Arms Patented in the United States Prior to January 1, 1878. High quality 1986 republication of 1878 Patent Office publication, with many line drawings. A must for a vintage cartridge collector. The pages are not numbered, but the volume is 2.5 inches thick, so I would estimate over 600 pages. $60.

CA-3: U.S. Cartridges and Their Handguns: 1795-1975. Charles R. Suydam. 1977. A classic reference work on vintage cartidges. Soft cover, good condition with some mild soiling. $25.

CAT-1: Bannerman's 1925 Antique Gun and Military Collectors Catalog. 1972 reprint by Shier's Antiques of 366-page 1925 catalog. $20.

CAT-2: Colonel Whelen's Gun Catalog and Complete Handbook: Eight Edition (1950). Complete retail gun catalog and handbook published by Parker-Whelen, Washington, D.C., in 1950. 162 pages. Soft cover, 11x8,50 inch. Excellent condition. $20.

CAT-3: The Gunman's Mart. Brownell Industries catalog Volume III (1951). 305 pages. Softcover. Very good condition.
$20.

CAT-4: High Standard Sporting Firearms. 1967 catalog. This is an original 1967 catalog-- NOT a reprint. Full-color front and back covers, two-color interior pages showing the full High Standard line. 28 pages. Excellent condition. $20.

CAT-5: Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co. This is high-quality 1969 reproduction of a 1884 catalog for dealers. It contains hundreds of detailed ink drawings or woodcuts of firearms of the era-- Smith & Wesson, Colt, Winchester, etc., and of parts, cartridges. etc., along with wholesale prices. 92 pages. $35.

CAT-6: Merwin, Hulbert Firearms & Ammunition catalog 1887. Reproduction by Cornell Publications. 11x8.5-inch format. Color cover, 38 pages black-and-white. $15.

CAT-7: Shooter's Bible Gun Traders Guide. Paul Wahl. 1964 edition. Softcover, 190 pages, good condition. See what they were selling for in 1964! $10.

CAT-8: Brownell's Catalog 22 (1969). Good. $5.

CAT-9: Brownell's Catalog 29 (March 1, 1977). $5.

CAT-10: Montgomery Ward & Co. 1895 Firearms Section. Cornell Publications reprint. $4.

CAT-11: Stoeger catalog No. 18 (1932), reproduction. 145 pages. Softcover, VG. $15.

CAT-12: Starr Arms Company 1964 catalog, reproduction. 22 pages. Softcover. $6.

CAT-13: Shooter's Bible No. 39, 1948. 544 pages. Fair to good. $15.

CAT-14: Shooter's Bible No. 45, 1954. 560 pages. Good. $15.

CAT-15: Shooter's Bible No. 47, 1956. 512 pages. Good. $15.

Again: $4 shipping charge on one-item orders, but I pay shipping on all multi-item orders. No international shipping. All offers will receive respectful consideration.
I had an excellent experience with this member! Used book was in both perfect condition and packed thoroughly. Delivery after payment received was excellent!!!

I will take M1-9 $ 45 M1-30 $ 7 cat-2 con.whelen gun cat $ 20 =72.00

Will take R15 and W5...............thnx...............FWB

Bumping this up for the first day of summer! Many books sold, but the majority are still available. I am open to offers on multi-book packages.

I will take AM-8. I will send $26. PM sent.

I will take G-1 and G-2 on Schuetzen rifles.

PM sent.

I would like to buy S-3 and S-5, if still available.

PM sent.

I will take G-1 and G-2 on Schuetzen rifles.

PM sent.
Dang. You beat me to it.

Anything to do with Schutzenfest or Schutzenverein I try to swipe up whenever I see them.

There have been many sales and good feedback, but still many unsold books. I will probably cancel this listing at the end of July, perhaps to return with a cleaned-up and expanded listing at some future date. To speed up and simplify my task of getting liquidating this personal library, until the end of July, for anyone who want to make a multiple-book purchase from what remains, I will give a 20 percent discount-- just say "AFRICA JULY" in your message. I pay postage on multiple-book orders.

Hi, I would take the following if they’re still available, please:
H-18
H-22
S-4
M-3

I’d also be happy to use the AFRICA JULY code if you’re sure you don’t mind!

Got my books today. Both in excellent condition and packed for shipping to eternity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottieWilt

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on BushPig1963's profile.
Btw .. he has physically beat, abused verbally, mentally, financially abused women and in every way imaginable. Fact check, background check. He is HORRIBLE!!!
I am tired of him blowing up lives and walking off into the sunset leaving destruction in his wake. Over here in the US... Not in Africa...just so you know. I was not his victim but know some of them.
expoB wrote on BushPig1963's profile.
Senga Senga MZ . US rep Brad Joseph Clemens is involved! Con artist, owes people money. Pathological liar. Lies w/out remorse and convincingly.Doesn't reside in Oregon, he is FROM Oregon. Was living in Great falls MT til mid march... Disappeared recently.Believe a word he says & be played a fool! 1st hand knowledge. He is convicted felon. This is why he bow hunts. can't own a gun! background chk! MONSTER
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Btw.... Brad Clemens took deposit money from Dy
. Brad was living in Great Falls as of a few months ago. He keeps running and hiding. Sound familiar. None of you posting have any idea what is really going on. Brad is a pathological liar. Don't believe any quote or anything that comes out of his mouth. He is a horrible person...1st hand knowledge and his name is toxic to many in the hunting world.
We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!