For Sale AHR #2 CZ 550 .500 Jeffery

Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life DSC, TSRA, Life NRA
Hunted
US, Argentina, Scotland, Austria, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Australia, New Zealand
CZ 550 .500 Jeffery, with AHR #2 package. Barrel is 22 inches, 14 inch LOP, sights regulated to 50 yards for Norma 570gr soft nose Woodleigh. Gun has the mercury recoil reducer that came with “stock” guns in these limited caliber runs that Triple River did for CZ. Weighs in at just under 9 lbs. 14 oz. empty on my digital scale. You know when you pull the trigger, but I did not find it unpleasant to shoot. This gun has had approximately 120 rounds fired thru it by myself, the original owner and Wayne when he regulated sights.

It has been to Africa for big five and has a few nicks on the stock that I’ve tried to show in the pictures. Scratches earned while out on the hunt are surely better than safe dings, right? Right before my DG hunt, the rifle developed a feeding issue. The 2nd cartridge (left side of mag) sometimes jumped out when cycling the first round out. Proper feeding with large caliber cartridges is not easy and it has been explained to me that shaving some off the left feed ramp was a common remedy for CZs. Regardless, it had to be fixed so I ultimately sent the gun to Bailey Bradshaw who was kind enough to squeeze me in alongside his fine custom build work. He silver brazed in some stronger feed rails to the magazine box that have eliminated the cartridge jump issue. The first cartridge sometimes requires a touch to feed in but the second and third rounds feed in slickly now. I was not able to cause a failure cycling the bolt as fast and slow as I possible.

It is a solid gun overall, functionally sound, and a straight shooter. Has the beefy feel of CZ 550’s that I feel is appropriate for the caliber. Swings nicely and points naturally with the tune ups from AHR. The ramp also feeds FN solids well, my favorite solid for the real big stuff. I am reluctant to let it go and wouldn’t if I weren’t already in the process of acquiring the next .500 Jeffery.

If you’re looking for a true proven stopper in a caliber that starts with a “5” this is your sign. The good gun deals thread has a stock CZ 550 in .505 Gibbs on gunbroker with some components for $5k. Wayne’s custom builds are going for $10k easily now. The only difference in this gun and his custom work is primarily the wood. My I’m asking $6,995 for the rifle plus shipping to your FFL.

View attachment CZ 550-19.jpg
CZ 550-57.2.jpg
View attachment CZ 550-10.jpgView attachment CZ 550-22.jpg

CZ 550-49.jpg

Attachments

• CZ 550-48.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
  • CZ 550-50.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 209
  • CZ 550-51.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 211
  • CZ 550-52.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 199
  • CZ 550-53.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Coyote season is open year round in Texas, just saying'...

Apologies on the attached pictures - haven't had this issue before but apparently am having it now. Not sure if it was a backend site update or a browser update (using Mozilla) but I know clicking each of the links individually is annoying. I'll fix or repost if someone can tell me how.

Still available

Last bump before posting elsewhere

ugh I just bought a double rifle... I will give it some thought.

AHR makes great rifles though! I surprised this wasn't snapped up earlier.

-Matt

ugh I just bought a double rifle... I will give it some thought.

AHR makes great rifles though! I surprised this wasn't snapped up earlier.

-Matt

If you can get the loot together matt buy it....you will love it ....

It is a solid gun in all the right ways. Beefy, but not unwieldy. Feeds well and is a proven stopper. Going to make someone a great DG gun.

Somebody needs a thumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathiePost