For Sale 8x68S on Kelbly Nanook Action

TrapperErick

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I have a Kelbly Nanook action that has a 21" Lilja #2 barrel chambered in 8x68S. All barrel work was done by Kelbly's. The gun is bedded in a Remington 1st Gen Ti ADL stock. Trigger guard is a single hole aluminum guard. The stock has been painted green and has two imperfections . The first is near the side bolt release, a small chip that I repaired, and the second is near the ejection port. This area was a slip of the dremel tool on my part. I also have 70 pieces of new Norma brass and 13 pieces of fired brass, 262 Midway USA blemished 185 grain bullets, and a set of dies. I was able to get loads under 1" using both the Barnes 160 TTSX and Hammer Hunter 181's. Looking to sell rifle, bullets, brass, and dies for $1800. Scope is not included. Please send pm if interested.

nanook2.jpg
nanook3.jpg
nanook4.jpg
nanook1.jpg

Which trigger? LOP? Twist rate? Did you chrono with the short(er) barrel? Is it glass bedded? Sounds like you inletted the stock yourself. How are tolerances? Oh, which dies? Thanks much. Great action and Germanic chambering.

Barrel: 1:10 6 grove
Trigger Bix & Andy Dakota
Never shot it through a chronograph, for what it is worth did plug in all the specs for rifle and load into Gordon's Reloading program and it says 2950 with the Barnes 160 and 21" barrel.
Stock: In my opinion stock fit is good other then already mentioned areas but your opinion may differ. It is not bedded. Free floated from lug to just before the for-end tip.. There is pressure at the tip. Gun shot well so didn't see the need to get rid of that. Probably take less then 5 minutes to get it completely free floated.
Die Set: RCBS FL die set
Bolt Face: Was mad specifically for .511 rim diameter of the 8x68S. Kelbly will make another bolt for $500 if someone wanted to switch to a different cartridge at some point.

If you have any other questions send them along

Barrel: 1:10 6 grove
Trigger Bix & Andy Dakota
Never shot it through a chronograph, for what it is worth did plug in all the specs for rifle and load into Gordon's Reloading program and it says 2950 with the Barnes 160 and 21" barrel.
Stock: In my opinion stock fit is good other then already mentioned areas but your opinion may differ. It is not bedded. Free floated from lug to just before the for-end tip.. There is pressure at the tip. Gun shot well so didn't see the need to get rid of that. Probably take less then 5 minutes to get it completely free floated.
Die Set: RCBS FL die set
Bolt Face: Was mad specifically for .511 rim diameter of the 8x68S. Kelbly will make another bolt for $500 if someone wanted to switch to a different cartridge at some point.

If you have any other questions send them along
OK boys (and ladies),

I am going to pass on this set up as LOP is 13.5, but it is an awesome deal IMHO. Chambering hurts value a bit in the US, but 8x68S is an awesome chambering. The value is there. I have several Kelbly actioned rifles and they are some of my favorites. I do not have a Nanook.

Priced less than the cost of the action and barrel and work done by Kelbly is top notch. Add in the stock, $200 trigger, components and RCBS dies and this is a solid package for the money. Plenty of cape buffalo have succumbed to the 8x68 and good for everything from impala to eland!

I really wish I had legitimate use for this rifle. Powerful 8mm round, useful worldwide!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FidelOldha