Fishing Addiction Group

There’s probably always going to be some type of parasite in the water, if you eat them probably won’t hurt anything as long as they are fried crispy and any visible parasite in the flesh is cut out. At least that’s what I do especially with the saltwater fish I deal with now. Many of the bigger amberjack, speckled trout, wahoo and tuna have some type of parasite in them. That’s why I won’t eat sashimi. I could go into the life cycle of some of the freshwater parasites but I’ve forgotten a lot of it and don’t want to get anything wrong, that being said many of them can’t survive in a human so not really all that much danger in eating them.

Sounds good. Unfortunately the way it’s going in the panhandle gulf everything we catch has a great chance of being shark bait. I’ve got some good spots that seem just about ruined by sharks the last couple years.
Feds have f'd up things here. Pretty much shut down all commercial fishing for sharks and tons around. Battled a pile of Sandbar sharks last weekend offshore in the Atlantic. FJB

Feds have f'd up things here. Pretty much shut down all commercial fishing for sharks and tons around. Battled a pile of Sandbar sharks last weekend offshore in the Atlantic. FJB
Same story gulf side from what I can tell. The recent shark attacks on multiple people between Destin and Panama City Beach might shake things up but I doubt it

Excellent! Are you a big walleye guy?
I’m a walleye guy for sure but not obsessed with them like many here. I’m a fan of any fish I can catch. Here in Sask the crazy walleye guys despise pike. I love pike…they are probably my favourite sport fish in this province followed closely by lake trout when I can manage a trip up north. On our lake I mainly target perch and pike in the winter, but on the occasion when a walleye bites I’m just as happy.

I’m a walleye guy for sure but not obsessed with them like many here. I’m a fan of any fish I can catch. Here in Sask the crazy walleye guys despise pike. I love pike…they are probably my favourite sport fish in this province followed closely by lake trout when I can manage a trip up north. On our lake I mainly target perch and pike in the winter, but on the occasion when a walleye bites I’m just as happy.
We do enjoy ice fishing as well just pretty irregular around here.

IMG_3634.jpeg
IMG_3477.jpeg
IMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_1423.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alabama has a very small amount of coast line but at one time a very robust commercial fishing fleet, imports have taken a big chunk out of the industry. I know the ONE licensed commercial sharker and he has no trouble catching what he needs. A big problem for the recreational fishermen is identifying what species is legal to harvest and what’s not. With the fines so steep it’s not worth taking a chance on taking what might be a protected species.

Alabama has a very small amount of coast line but at one time a very robust commercial fishing fleet, imports have taken a big chunk out of the industry. I know the ONE licensed commercial sharker and he has no trouble catching what he needs. A big problem for the recreational fishermen is identifying what species is legal to harvest and what’s not. With the fines so steep it’s not worth taking a chance on taking what might be a protected species.
YES! I did cull a big bull shark last year. Made the waters slightly safer. Problem offshore is all the protected species live on the wrecks and ledges: Silky, Dusky, and Sandbar. Hateful.

Amazing fishing in South Africa the other week. Hippos behind me pissed behind me, crocs in the water, and elephant in front pissed. Loved it. YOLO friends.
View attachment 614091
I have a couple of days fishing in RSA river next year, where did you fish? Looks wonderful!

Olifants River near Kruger. Oddly enough the two I caught were on Cape Buffalo liver, they would not touch Zebra liver.
I think we’re fishing the Palala river, have a couple days of bird hunting along with the fishing and plains game hunting.

Just got back from kodiak. Had an amazing time with my grandson. 2 days fishing.
Halibut, cod, rock fish, lingcod were hitting like crazy but weren't in season yet so all had to be released.
Came back with 100lbs in fillets.

IMG-20240615-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20240615-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20240615-WA0008.jpg
received_6174085582715427.jpeg
20240612_104114.jpg
20240612_150708.jpg
20240612_093251.jpg
IMG-20240615-WA0006.jpg

I am a fishing guide on the West Coast of Florida. Specialize in inshore fishing for Redfish and Speckled Trout but this time of year there is only one thing on our minds. Bay Scallops. Most delicious little bundles of seafood ever created. Only way to spend a hot summer day in Florida.

big scallops.jpg
pile of scallops.jpg
20231224_103615.jpg
Bigboywithbrenda.jpeg

I am a fishing guide on the West Coast of Florida. Specialize in inshore fishing for Redfish and Speckled Trout but this time of year there is only one thing on our minds. Bay Scallops. Most delicious little bundles of seafood ever created. Only way to spend a hot summer day in Florida.
I love those scallops, we always spend Labor Day weekend scalloping in Port St Joe. Last year there didnt seem to be many . We were there right after a hurricane, not sure how that would impact scallops in the bay. How is the population this year?

I love those scallops, we always spend Labor Day weekend scalloping in Port St Joe. Last year there didnt seem to be many . We were there right after a hurricane, not sure how that would impact scallops in the bay. How is the population this year?
Was out yesterday and we got our limit in 4 hours. That was with 3 kids from 4 to 11yo. Still a little small because it is early but good numbers. I am in Steinhatchee and we seem to get a good harvest every year. By early August they are really big. Our season closes on Labor-day and just opened on the 15th. When school starts up again in August the numbers of people out there go down significantly but that is when it is best to get the big ones.

Went a little different for our Independence Day cookout. Went down to Bon Secour Bay and caught some mullet for a fish fry.

D592C027-B1E4-41E1-B711-F619A80D3F02.jpeg

We’re visiting my in-laws in Newfoundland right now and managed to get out for some fishing this morning. My wife, brother-in-law and I booked a four hour trip with Darren Park of Four Season Tours who operates out of Cox’s Cove in the mouth of the Bay of Islands. We were able to catch cod, mackerel and a couple of other species. We fished out of a traditional Newfoundland dory and of course they made the prairie boy kiss a cod. Very enjoyable morning!

IMG_5286.jpeg

IMG_6108.jpeg

IMG_5292.jpeg

IMG_5297.jpeg

IMG_5298.jpeg
IMG_6080.jpeg

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_5303.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VelvaRancl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.