Fishing Addiction Group

1624638743128.jpeg

Was in Florida last month and did some spearfishing in the bay. Got some sheepshead for dinner
1624639036519.jpeg
 
Haven’t noodled for catfish, but I have for snapping turtles… closest I have come to DG in the US.

I would be game going after snapping turtles. I have been next to a 125# one and certainly wouldn't want one of my appendages in it's mouth. It's head was about the size of mine. Where do you hunt them?

Always on the watch out for cottonmouths, beavers and snapping turtles. Also don't want to wear anything shinny like a wedding ring. Don't want alligator gar or needle nose gar biting down on you.
 
those make some fine ceviche!!

Had to look up ceviche. It's been a good day. I have learned something new.

We are probably not quite that adventurous. We just filleted and fried them.
 
@Wheels

In Kentucky, as a kid, my grandfather would take me out to the smaller rivers and streams to go after them. You basically have to reach back in their burrows in the bank. Not so bad if it’s the tail end, but if it’s the head…you better be fast! Only way to tell the difference quickly is to feel the shell for the v notch which indicates the tail.

I have met more than one hillbilly with crooked fingers from being to slow on the draw. Probably a bit too much liquid courage
 
Had to look up ceviche. It's been a good day. I have learned something new.

We are probably not quite that adventurous. We just filleted and fried them.
If you can go on safari and hunt elephant and leopard you can face down a bowl of fish!!! :A Thumbs Up::A Thumbs Up: all kidding aside use a standard ceviche recipie and add mango you will not be sorry (only certain fish work well for this though)
 
If you can go on safari and hunt elephant and leopard you can face down a bowl of fish!!! :A Thumbs Up::A Thumbs Up: all kidding aside use a standard ceviche recipie and add mango you will not be sorry (only certain fish work well for this though)

Sounds great. Will have to do that next time I'm at the coast.
 
Mmm...cant be bothered asking mr Google...so what is it please.......sure will get better explanations as well....
Raw fish, cilantro (coriander), tomatoes, avocados & such diced up and mixed up like a salad. Usually with lime juice spritzed over the top.
 
You really want to use about 1/2 lemon juice (6-12 depending on batch size)1/2 line juice( 6-12 depending on batch size) and 1 orange you are counting on the acid from the citrus to cook the fish
 
I forgot about this thread during ice season! It was a really poor winter for perch and we never caught a walleye but we managed to get quite a few nice pike. Here is a few of them.
1C3610C1-A32E-4D52-9087-7658C3B065E2.jpeg

9B181525-19B8-42B0-A60C-ECA248C860CC.jpeg
AF9454A4-7E87-4F77-9249-DEAAFBFDDF0D.jpeg
98936E4C-6A4F-48EF-93E6-863D0C4C9828.jpeg

70CECF2F-E85A-452E-92A7-5D3387C75B17.jpeg
 
Hi , following in @matt85 Big Bore Addiction Group , with permission I have decided on starting a Fishing Addiction Group . Most of us hunting folk enjoy our fishing as well.

Please post fish that you have caught on either fly tackle or conventional tackle

I am an avid fisherman , fishing mostly deep sea for pelagic species , let me begin with this magnificent dog tooth tuna caught off the northern Mozambique coast line . More pic's to follow .

View attachment 154539
Nice catch!! where is the location?
 
818B1B6D-AD75-4878-A4F4-FCC888133C20.jpeg
3C16A08A-EDCD-4138-8ADF-97B5B9618639.jpeg

Some wild Steelhead on the fly with the wifey and myself
9F50FEC3-207E-450F-81B3-FDCE33A2D2B1.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,888
Members
170,445
Latest member
RisalElina
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top