Fan mail

When I think there is a glimmer of hope that one of these folks may see some of the other side of the coin, I write them and try to enlighten them sadly this was not the case with Karen.

I got a nice reply from Karen earlier

Hello James, I am not pointing out your character flaws, I will leave that to people who know you well. What I know about you is that you facilitate the slaughter of endangered animals for entertainment purposes and advertise that you do so. You have made this publically known and by doing so implicityl invite comment. Hunters put themselves in harms way to protect wildlife? Hardly.The opposite is true. They put endangered animals in harms way just for a laugh. Parties and drinks dont come free. What are you suggesting, I did not mention parties and drinks and is this what you see happening on your murder tours, Parties and drinks?? If it were not for hunters (they don't 'hunt', they slaughter) you say, those animals would be fully extinct. There is no partial extinction, just like there is no partial pregnancy. Keep on telling yourself that you are a conservationist. You probably and sadly believe it. While the majority of people in the world see you for what you are, a murderous, callous, sorry excuse for a human being. Shame on you James. Shame, Shame, Shame. There is a special place in hell for you. May you find it soon.
Karen Jones

Karen,

You are missing my point. When a hunter goes and spends $50,000 for a hunt most of that money goes to protecting those animals. Hunters focus on the older males, that no longer serve a purpose other than draining resources from the young. During their hunt they also run night patrols and remove poacher snares, arrest poachers burn their camps and turn in illegally taken ivory and rhino horn. Have you ever done that? you sit at home watching nat geo thinking what a bunch of assholes, but you have never done anything but judge. I’ve done it. I’ve watched boats of illegal ivory cross the Zambezi, I’ve been shot at, threatened by poachers, cars vandalized. But I’ve also stopped poachers from killing baby elephant for a kilo of ivory and taken down hundreds of snares that would mercilessly kill anything that happened into it, burned camps that poachers used for a home base and turned in hundreds of pound of ivory that was taken from elephants that were not big enough to be weaned from their mother. All the while paying to be there and happy to be a part of it..

It’s interesting in all that time I have never seen anyone from PETA or the world wildlife federation in the field. But I do receive emails from those nice people threatening to find me and my kids and kill us in our beds. Or burn our home down while we were inside so they could hear my kids scream.

The problem is poachers and the illegal animal trade. While WWF and Peta profess to help they do nothing but throw parties with the donations from nice folks like you to raise more money so they can throw more parties and raise more money to have more parties.

We are almost on the same side of the fence, we both want to protect wildlife, but our methods of how to do it are different. If this earns me a place in hell then I’ll gladly take it.

I am a Moderator on an Audio Website, Right after the Cecil thing happen one of our members went on a rant about the evil dentist who killed an innocent lion. I returned his rant and told him about the 7 year old boy who was attacked and killed by a lion on his way to school 2 days later. His response was that people in Africa should practice Birth Control, I responded back that maybe his parents should have done the same

When I think there is a glimmer of hope that one of these folks may see some of the other side of the coin, I write them and try to enlighten them ...........................

Thanks for giving it a whirl James.
I hope your forehead does not get to flat in the process. :A Bang Head:

My point to this thread is not to throw Karen under the bus, she has been misled by the media and believes it without fail. but wanted to get some serious discussion going about the people we are dealing with.

BUT for a fact these are the people that will destroy hunting and with it the wildlife associated.
There are two places on earth where management and hunting have not only saved wildlife but those population have rebounded and surpassed historical populations. North America and South Africa, with Namibia not far behind. Funding from sport hunting has saved these animals from extinction. I'm not that smart but i'm pretty sure it wasn't black tie galas, martini's and sappy commercials that did it.

i do like a cold martini though.

@BRICKBURN, Over the years I have had some really good email exchanges with anti's most of them end very well and we both walked away a little smarter for it. But they were intelligent people who could reason. I think, I lost IQ points with Karen....

Last edited:
You know.....I can understand someone not wanting to kill something.....and I can respect their point of view. What I cannot understand is their inability to face factual information and the vicious responses by people towards someone with a different opinion. Reading "Game Changer" by Glen Martin....which was recommended by another hunter from this site. Excellent book...and I find myself highlighting and underlining so much of the information as I do research for my online course about wildlife conservation, sport hunting, and the animal rights movement. James, I agree with your position that education for those that will listen is the best way.....tough to suppress the old Marine in me that wants to take up arms instead!

James, I try my best to counter the media machine with education. The more tools we have to share the facts the better off wildlife will be.

The number of times I have been asked if I saw "Cecil" on my hunt, or advised "don't shoot any Lion's" this year makes my head spin.
I counter with the quotes from the local "leader" about the local people never having heard of this "famous" Lion and the exasperation and incredulity that "we all" care more for the African animals than the African People.

Perhaps if the WWW actually reached everyone in the grass huts they could share more pictures of the wildlife encounters they experience.

Cameras in the hands of the Anti poaching teams to share their stories would be an interesting move.

Under special permission from his government one of my outfitters spent his money to buy a drone quipped with a camera to help track poachers crossing into his area. Hopefully some of that footage will make the news.

who are you to decide who is valuable and viable when you are not viable and valuable.

This is my favorite part.

Just to make sure I have this right. Good ole Karen is asking who James is to decide, while she has already decided herself? So.... I guess she is more qualified than anyone using actual scientific facts?

The emotional brain dead anti's of the world have nothing to offer anyone....they have no common sense.

Under special permission from his government one of my outfitters spent his money to buy a drone quipped with a camera to help track poachers crossing into his area. Hopefully some of that footage will make the news.

Did your outfitter get permission from his government to attach a Hellfire to his drone.:D

Can you imagine that one.
Order Model 52082
52082.jpg

and 51005 shows up
51005.jpg

OOOPS!

I think its funny, that even though we are hunters and gun guys, we would never call or email an anti-hunter and say "if you don't start hunting and killing I'm going to kill you".
But it seems OK and inline with their way of thinking to do it to us?

Well you know what they say the dog who barks doesn't bite. In most cases, there are obviously always exceptions, these antis are keyboard commandos and full of hot air (or s**t) on the internet. They wouldn't dare to say this to a person's face yet alone make good on their threats.

I always find the belief system held by these "animal rights activists" that is is not ok to kill no matter what...... Unless it is a person that disagrees with their belief system.

Just seems a little off to me :E Confused:

I know this people very well... here in Germany, we have plenty of them and sadly not only on the internet, I met these guys in "real life".

At the driven hunts in our area many times animal right activists tried to stop the hunt - a group of them were one time standing around my high stand and calling me names... I have to confess, I had a gun but as a woman with this very aggressive people around me... it was really scary for me.

Im pretty sure that I wouldn't have the restraint and keyboard etiquette that you do James, it is very commendable!
Mine would have pretty much read:
Dear Karen,
BLOW ME!
Cody J. Marr
Conservationist

I was on a flight from Billings, MT to Houston last month and what I believe was a gender confused lady sat next to me. As I see it, I paid a thousand dollars for my seat and what I read is my business. I happened to be reading an article on a lion hunt.
She immediately told me that my magazine offended her!
Being the politically correct person that I am told her that grotesquely over weight lesbians with cheap perfume offend the living hell out of me! She promptly asked the stewardess to move her. Leaving the seat next to me empty for a quite enjoyable experience on United.
Should I have handled it different, probably.
Cheers,
Cody

Im pretty sure that I wouldn't have the restraint and keyboard etiquette that you do James, it is very commendable!
Mine would have pretty much read:
Dear Karen,
BLOW ME!
Cody J. Marr
Conservationist

I was on a flight from Billings, MT to Houston last month and what I believe was a gender confused lady sat next to me. As I see it, I paid a thousand dollars for my seat and what I read is my business. I happened to be reading an article on a lion hunt.
She immediately told me that my magazine offended her!
Being the politically correct person that I am told her that grotesquely over weight lesbians with cheap perfume offend the living hell out of me! She promptly asked the stewardess to move her. Leaving the seat next to me empty for a quite enjoyable experience on United.
Should I have handled it different, probably.
Cheers,
Cody
Omg lmfao!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CDGPaulina

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt