analog_peninsula

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Wyoming, Texas
Any idea why? They claim it’s due to irreconcilable differences in core values, which doesn’t sound good.

Reactions: MTA
I don't know if this is accurate, but saw it posted a couple days ago. May not be accurate, but makes sense if it is. . .

"Basically Sitka is in an over-inventoried crisis and screwing over distribution partners. Over the last year they’ve tightened pricing rules on their inventory sold to 3rd party retailers. A key part of this is Sitka is enforcing pricing for all Sitka discontinued product, that they will cancel POs if you lower prices to whatever you want. For reference, discontinued products aren’t usually MAP protected.

To exacerbate the issue, Sitka has been selling new and discontinued inventory lower than what these companies bought for, undercutting everyone with any of their inventory."

I don't know if this is accurate, but saw it posted a couple days ago. May not be accurate, but makes sense if it is. . .

"Basically Sitka is in an over-inventoried crisis and screwing over distribution partners. Over the last year they’ve tightened pricing rules on their inventory sold to 3rd party retailers. A key part of this is Sitka is enforcing pricing for all Sitka discontinued product, that they will cancel POs if you lower prices to whatever you want. For reference, discontinued products aren’t usually MAP protected.

To exacerbate the issue, Sitka has been selling new and discontinued inventory lower than what these companies bought for, undercutting everyone with any of their inventory."
It’s bovine fecal matter like this that makes me not support Sitka.
That and the fact that I found it to be overrated and overpriced.

Sitka is good but a large portion of the price is for the branding at this point

I like skre as its what sitka should cost.

If this is true, I'd like to see actual references and/or examples of it..

I belong to their "Pro Plan" and am able to purchase Sitka directly from them at discounted rates.

When they offer "sales" to their pro plan members, it is typically for a very small variety of items.. and never for any of the super high in demand stuff (for example Ive never seen them offer waders at a "sale" price)..

I have seen them offer discontinued stuff on sale.. but generally speaking thats on stuff like logo'd t-shirts, hoodies, etc.. and not on their core hunting gear, etc.. and even then the special discounts are only offered to their pro-plan members (a very small, limited number of people that wouldnt impact retailers at all)...

Any time I have seen Sitka put things on "sale" to the general public, I have seen those same sale prices extended at big retailers like Cabelas and Scheels.. what Joe Public can buy a Sitka Optifade Jacket for has always been the same price as Joe Public could buy the same jacket at Scheels for.. whether on sale or at full retail price and time I have price checked..

If there are exceptions, I havent personally seen them..

I agree that as a rule Sitka is overpriced for what it offers at full retail..

But at the pro-plan price (still not cheap) I find its one of the best options out there..

Of course other premium providers of outdoor/hunting wear also have their own version of pro-plans, and/or use sites like guidefitter (and others) to offer their stuff at discounted rates to certain buyer groups as well..

This extends well past clothing.. Swaro and Zeiss.. Steiner.. Badlands.. Mystery Ranch.. Leupold.. etc..etc.. (hundreds upon hundreds of premium product providers that cater to the hunting industry) all have similar programs where certain buyer groups can get stuff at the equivalent of "dealer" pricing..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findyourfate

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles